Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,498
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

MrDropCombo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2019
Messages
74
Reaction score
135
Age
29
Country
United Kingdom
What a time to catch up properly with Chainsawman, this weeks chapter was insane!!!! JJK and MHA wasn’t playing around either, top stuff. These 3 are leading the charge right now for jump.

Also this weeks chapter of ghostwriter single handily save it for me otherwise i was ready to drop it. The time travel aspect is far more interesting than anything to do with the MC (in my opinion)

Now to read the rest!
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
where my taiyo x michibata fanart at, like, i wont lie its the whole reason i read the manga now, michibata is everything i love, and taiyo noticing him gives me lots of joy.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Hard Boiled Cop and Dolphin is fun! I think this came out at a bad time though. I dont blame anyone for this, as nobody could’ve foreseen current events, but still. I’d probably enjoy this more if it wasn’t for the timing. Still, it’s intriguing. I like the cast so far.
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,262
Reaction score
1,968
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Really liked HBCaD (or just HBCD), specially the art. But it is still a bit early to tell how the story will be, let's wait.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Final panel of agravity boys....maybe its ending soon.
 

Zetsyn

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2020
Messages
90
Reaction score
236
Country
Philippines
Err, Shakunetsu was alright for me. Nothing bad, nothing extraordinary either. Been ages since I last read something from Tamura, so we'll see how this goes. It was kinda fun though.
Personally, I felt last week was kinda weak in terms of chapters, but my goodness, MHA, Jujutsu, and Chainsawman. Jesus, those were some chapters to take in.

For Ghost Writer, even though I did read the spoilers, the chapter still had me in awe. It's completely rekindled my interest in the series, and that is some way to end a volume.

Edit: Forgot about Magu, I need that Flower Magu Plushie ASAP.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
It's not possible.

Tamura must have watched bright from Netflix to get the idea for the Hard Boiled Cop and Dolphin.
 

haijihusbando

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Messages
175
Reaction score
572
Country
South Korea
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai: I had fun reading this first chapter, the internal monologue was great. Don't know how I feel yet. I guess I can see it being controversial in the West but aside from that I thought it was fine.

My god I absolutely loved this TPGW chapter, best chapter so far. Despite the mixed reception here from chapter 2 onwards I've personally been enjoying it consistently, but as it now ventures into more serious, 'paradox' territory I'm more excited than ever. A great way to present this twist, and I'm eagerly looking forward to see how this plays out.

Magu-chan had another great second chapter, I laughed and aww'd a lot reading it. Magu-chan is adorable, enough said.

Very hyped to see what happens next in Undead Unluck, Mashle, and JJK. Also one hell of a CSM chapter, absolute insanity.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,548
Reaction score
15,707
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
My ranking this week:

1. Jujutsu Kaisen
2. Chainsawman
3. Mashle
4. My Hero Academia
5. Time Paradox Ghostwriter
6. Act-age
7. Ayakashi Triangle
8. Haikyuu
9. Moriking
10. Black Clover
11. Dr.Stone
12. Magu-chan: God of Destruction
13. Hardboiled Cop and Dolphin
14. Undead Unluck
15. Mission of Yozakura Family
16. We Never Learn
17. Agravity Boys
18. Mitama
19. Bone's Collection
Absent. One Piece

What an amazing week. Hardboiled Cop and Dolphin is 13th in my rank, but I've liked a lot the chapter 1. If it is "low" is only because almost every Jump manga this week has been very amazing. Same situation for Undead Unluck: 14th but it also had a very great chapter.

Special kudos to Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsawman. The chapters in these two manga have been extraordinary.
 

Davisgn2

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 5, 2020
Messages
15
Reaction score
28
Age
23
Country
Brazil
I loved the first chapter of Shakunetsu. I know there will be people complaining unnecessarily, but, great comedy and reading.
Also the chapter of Chainsaw-Man was fabulous, fujimoto is a genius.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought hard-boiled cop and dolphin was okay. The humor was pretty decent. I liked the art.

Not my favorite of the new series, though.
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,440
Reaction score
3,618
Age
26
Country
United States
Hard Boiled was fine I guess, I liked dolphin guy but the rest I could take or leave for the most part. Still really have no clue what the last series to end could be if one still is, none of them seem to be in the position to end. Bone Collection had probably the best chapter so far but not good enough that I'll vote for it probably. Can't say I'm thrilled with this twist in Ghost Writer though, just not what I wanted I guess. Still really liking Ayakashi Triangle. Guess we'll see next week with Roboko, but I think Ayakashi is definitely the best of this batch.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
The new Time Paradox chapter makes me wonder something.
has Jump ever experienced an mangaka dying before while they had a series running

The question isn’t about Time Paradox itself, but added a spoiler just in case ppl who haven’t read the new chapter yet don’t want to be spoiled
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Time Paradox is injecting it’s science fiction element back. Twist seems like it’ll controversial, but it’ll make things more interesting. This is why I tend to play a slightly longer game. Speaking of that, Ayakashi had a weaker chapter, but the ending of it has me intrigued. Then again, I have a headache that’s really bothering me, so it’s hard for me to really react and think.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Has any manga done over 5mln in print with v3 or is TPGW exaggerating?
 

MysticCatto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
293
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
Shakunetsu was fun, but not my fave of the new series (magu chan is my fave)

MHA, JJk, csm, tpgw were godly this week. But not just them, the rest of the magazine is doing great too. I guess the part in Bakuman when they say authors step up theur game when new series are launching is true after all huh.

Tbh, I think I'm fine with the roster as is. There's enough variety and unique art and stortytelling from each series, although we still need a new spokon
 

Aiwass_97

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2019
Messages
340
Reaction score
1,776
Age
29
Country
Peru
The new Time Paradox chapter makes me wonder something.
has Jump ever experienced an mangaka dying before while they had a series running

The question isn’t about Time Paradox itself, but added a spoiler just in case ppl who haven’t read the new chapter yet don’t want to be spoiled
Akio Chiba (Play Ball), but it happened while working on a series in Monthly Shounen Jump

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/champ/4050-101748/
 
Last edited:

FireFantasyVI

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2019
Messages
235
Reaction score
455
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I nearly closed right out of Yozakura after seeing the first page. Of all the characters to use, they bring him back? The chapter was roughly in line with it's previous chapters, I'm just disappointed after last chapter actually used the family a little

Mitama was great, I really do love this cast of characters. Kinda felt like an "and that's all folks" and then end next chapter, but it could also not be ending. I really don't know what's ending, but I can't complain if Mitama doesn't

Agravity was good, I wish we got more gags for the training but it was still enjoyable

Undead was good, I like how we're seeing the effects of the language change be involved in the plot

Mashle was good, felt a little fast at some points but was solid regardless

Moriking was great, I love the purple emperor

Bone was fine, didn't really like it but didn't really dislike it

Ghost Writer, was uh, something. I'm not upset but it really recontextualizes the entire series up to this point, so I don't really know what to think anymore

Ayakashi was fine, felt like this should've been ch2. Still don't really feel much about the series

Magu was great, I loved the gags and character dynamics

I'm pretty mixed on Dolphin. I liked the art and characters, and a premise involving sea creatures sounds great, but I really don't know if I can get over the cop elements, even if it's Japanese and not American. Comedy was pretty good.

Dr Stone, HQ, CSM, and JJK were all great this week.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top