Shoseki Daily Ranking - 8/4
Jump
#1 Haikyuu!! 44
#2 Jujutsu Kaisen 12
#3 Chainsaw Man 8
#7 We Never Learn 18
#9 Mashle 2
#16 Mission: Yozakura Family 4
#58 Moriking 1
#60 Time Paradox Ghostwriter 1
#67 Mitama Security 4
#100 Bone Collection 1
#112 Guardian of the Witch 2
Jump+
#8 World's End Harem 12
#42 'Tis Time for "Torture", Princess 3
#47 Summertime Rendering 11
#57 Hidariki no Eren 13
#97 Koigoku no Toshi 4
#116 The Sygn of Abyss 5
#194 Youkoso Bourei Sougiya-san 2
#212 Hachurui-chan wa Idakunai 3
Interesting, interesting! Finally, some goddamn Shoseki data!
Course, this is only the first day, so the most interesting thing here by far are the newbie comparisons.
MASHLE at 9 and Yozakura Family at 16 sound really goddamn impressive until you look and realize that Kimetsu backlogs are at a weak point. As soon as those reprints hit, those ranks are gonna drop. But that doesn't mean that the two series havent grown, or haven't grown significantly. I think that MASHLE's becoming a genuine hit now, and Yozakura definitely seems to be stabilizing itself, even if it's increases seem to be on the smaller side of things. I honestly think that MASHLE can make Oricon this volume, actually.
Newbie rankings...aren't great, IMO. It's the first day of their first volume, so we have ye tto see what they can really do, but I was expecting Moriking to be a little higher. Time Paradox Ghostwriter feels to me like a series that will be popular at first but then gradually decline in sales due to relatively poor word-of-mouth. And Bone Collection... yikes. Closer to Guardian's second volume than Miitama's fourth - caught in the middle of what will very likely be two axed series, it can only observe it's eventual fate. And by eventual, I mean 3 weeks.
I feel like a downer here, and I apologize for that, but now that we finally have rankings, I'd like to see how these rankings hold over the week, and over the month. Then we'll have some more information in order to really predict where our newbies and established series may be heading.