Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,387
Reaction score
39,044
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,546
Reaction score
15,704
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I'm not 100% sure but I think Haikyuu has beaten 5toubun in 2020 total sales and got the 3rd place in top-10 this week. If not, then next week or the following one for sure.

I'd say this is being surprisingly the best year ever for Haikyuu despite all the stuff that happened (I've never seen Haikyuu fanbase so alive neither), but in 2014 it sold +8 million copies.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shoseki Daily Ranking - 8/22

#10 Haikyuu!! 44
#50 Jujutsu Kaisen 12
#58 Chainsaw Man 8
#126 World's End Harem 12
#169 We Never Learn 18
#273 Mashle 2

#148 Undead Unluck 1
#209 Undead Unluck 2
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That backlog is still good, right?
 

MrDropCombo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2019
Messages
74
Reaction score
135
Age
29
Country
United Kingdom
I also agree with including warnings of sensitive scenes/topics as realistically it isn’t asking for much.

As for the 4 newbies, none of them have really grab my attention in anyway although I’m behind so that might play a part
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Jigokuraku 2nd character popularity poll results


That comic for the rest of the popularity results was funny. I fucking love Jigokuraku.
 
Last edited:

Pudazuka

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2020
Messages
62
Reaction score
163
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Shoseki Daily Ranking - 8/22

#10 Haikyuu!! 44
#50 Jujutsu Kaisen 12
#58 Chainsaw Man 8
#126 World's End Harem 12
#169 We Never Learn 18
#273 Mashle 2

#148 Undead Unluck 1
#209 Undead Unluck 2
Seems like Mashle is on the rise again. Probably thanks to reprints?
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Seems like Mashle is on the rise again. Probably thanks to reprints?
Nope, reprints only go out on the 3rd. This is just Mashle surviving through the huge amount of volumes that have been released over the past week.
 

Serinox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
4,778
Country
Dragonstone
That's... not what I expected:

But worldwide distribution right off the bat is very good.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

PV for Burn The Witch anime:
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
That's... not what I expected:

But worldwide distribution right off the bat is very good.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

PV for Burn The Witch anime:
To be honest, I think this is the smarter move. Bleach movies never did really set the box office on fire but they always did incredibly well on DVDs. I'm assuming Burn The Witch can generate way more income via digital streaming.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Didn't mention it in the editor update, but yeah, Saito is now a Deputy Editor-in-Chief.

He joined in 2005 and also launched Kuroko's and Nisekoi.

 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,288
Reaction score
7,313
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Tabata's comment got me curious. Of the current line up, the mangaka that have been running in wsj alongside Kubo before I think are

Oda
Horikoshi
Tabata
Inagaki (with Eyeshield 21)
Nakamura Atsushi (with Kurokuroku)
Hasegawa (with Koi no Cupid)
Tsunehiro Date (with Tokyo Wonder Boys)
Yabuki (with To Love Ru)
Tamura (with Beelzebub)

so about half of them.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i thought viz uploaded in toc order, was strange to see Agravity Boys as not the first thing I read since it was always like the first that they did
 

Magister Xehanort

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
333
Reaction score
1,322
Age
32
Country
Brazil
That's... not what I expected:

But worldwide distribution right off the bat is very good.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

PV for Burn The Witch anime:
Did anyone else realize that all scenes in the trailer are from the first chapter of the manga?
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh man, I loved seeing all the new character names towards the end of the BtW chapter.

I swear, I could read a series where Kubo just introduces new characters with batshit insane names.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,546
Reaction score
15,704
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
My Jump rank:

My Hero Academia
Chainsawman
Mission of Yozakura Family
Black Clover
One Piece
Ayakashi Triangle
Burn the Witch
Jujutsu Kaisen
Undead Unluck
Dr.Stone
Mashle
Magu-chan
Time Paradox Ghostwriter
We Never Learn
Moriking
Hardboiled Cop and Dolphin
Bone's Collection
Agravity Boys
Me and Roboco

My Hero Academia has been very very superb this week. Pure fire. Chainsawman, all of us know what happened this week. Yozakura Family and Black Clover also have really strong chapters.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
apparently Spy is off this week and won't resume until Sep 6, instead Rengoku no Ashe oneshot was translated (in JPN Jump+), kinda off how M+ doesn't translate it.
 

TheRealTravisty

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2020
Messages
730
Reaction score
1,324
Age
39
Country
Canada
Whew, this week sure was something. I think the top 2 are obvious winners this week.

1. My Hero Academia
It was a difficult choice, but I think MHA takes it just because it felt like more happened in this chapter.
2. Chainsaw Man
I knew it was coming, but man it still hurt. What the hell is going to happen now?
3. We Never Learn
I'm liking how the Asumi storyline is progressing. I know I'm biased. Shhh.
4. Me & Roboco
I'm shocked by how much this made me laugh. What the hell was the mom holding this week?
5. Hard-Boiled Cop & Dolphin
I'm also shocked by this. It was legitimately funny. The dialogue was on point this chapter, which makes things frustrating. When Tamura's on a roll, he's really got it.

Other thoughts:
- I can't say I care for Burn the Witch at all.
- Ayakashi Triangle was also surprisingly entertaining this week. Maybe something's wrong with me.
- I did like Black Clover this week too, but in terms of entertainment, I did enjoy my 4th and 5th place chapters more.
- Mission: Yozakura Family...it felt like it could have been a really good chapter, but the pacing was off. It went by way too quickly, and speaking honestly, I find Taiyo to be an extremely boring main character. Having him back so soon is absolutely disappointing.
- I probably need to reread Undead Unluck. I felt a bit confused.
- Bone Collection...*sigh* Good riddance. What a colossal mess. It definitely deserved to be a member of the U19 club.
- Time Paradox Ghostwriter leaves me cold yet again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top