Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,463
Reaction score
39,369
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shoseki Daily Ranking - 11/12

#13 Haikyuu!! 45
#26 Chainsaw Man 9
#37 Dr. Stone 18
#310 Mission: Yozakura Family 5
#413 Me & Roboco 1
#436 Magu-chan: God of Destruction 1
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Shoseki Daily Ranking - 11/12

#310 Mission: Yozakura Family 5
#413 Me & Roboco 1
#436 Magu-chan: God of Destruction 1
They really need to expedite those reprints for these three. Magu-chan has gone out of stock like 4 of 5 times on Amazon already.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,330
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Shoseki Daily Ranking - 11/12

#13 Haikyuu!! 45
#26 Chainsaw Man 9
#37 Dr. Stone 18
#310 Mission: Yozakura Family 5
#413 Me & Roboco 1
#436 Magu-chan: God of Destruction 1
So Cop and Dolphin's out of the top 500 first? Though Roboco and Magu-chan probably aren't far behind, chances are they'll also drop out tomorrow.

Still, that should be enough sold by all 3 of them to not die too quickly even if its not an amazing start. Just depends on how many new total flops we get.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Manga TV Anime Adaptations - Vol 1 Peak Numbers in a Week - Oricon history.

183,035 2,161,818 Kimetsu no Yaiba - Feb 10-16, 2020
(Peak # around TV anime run: 41,524 (Sept 23-29), 48,856 (Sept 30-Oct 6) )
*72,450 1,432,927 Attack on Titan - May 20-26, 2013
*51,474 *,527,573 The Seven Deadly Sins - Oct 13-19, 2014
*39,837 *,349,213 Blue Exorcist - May 23-29, 2011
*38,586 *,757,929 Jujutsu Kaisen - Nov 2-8, 2020

3rd highest for a late night series. Very large boost, though Kimetsu has ruined expectations on that front.
 

Rouk'

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
144
Reaction score
664
Age
27
Country
France
Sales by Volume - 11/2~11/8

#1
Haikyuu!! 45 - 432,074/432,074
Incredible result for Haikyu
Vol. 44 did 345 258 in 6 days, this is in 5 only.
Last year, Vol. 40 left the top 50 after 5 weeks and 423 644 units sold. Vol. 45 beat that in 5 days.
This is its best first week since vol. 26, 3 and half years ago.
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
Huge numbers for haikyuu and CSM. Shoseki is...well, expected, we all knew the kny wall was coming back after the reprint I guess...
 

Smilzyy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2020
Messages
91
Reaction score
1,006
Gender
Male
Country
Austria

First week of Oricon, Yozakura and the newbies haven’t ranked
· Mission: Yozakura Family has sold 19.123 copies.
· Me & Roboco has sold 8.637 copies.
· Magu-chan has sold 8.400 copies.
· Shakunetsu no Niraikanai has sold 7.307 copies.
· Bone Collection has not ranked in Shoseki.
 

khanhspm

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
16
Reaction score
94
Age
34
Country
Vietnam
29. Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken Perfect Edition #4 (32,806 / 35,388)
32. Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken Perfect Edition #5 (32,181 / 34,671)

 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain

Kubo: [...] About Season 2... My editor told me they wanted to put the S2 announcement at the end of the final chapter of Season 1, so I told them I'd draw some sketches for that, like the ones that appear on those pages. The "Coming Soon" was written without my permission, haha.
Editor: I showed it to Kubo-sensei before the magazine was out at stores, hahaha.
Kubo: I saw it! And I thought that "it's not going to be coming soon"!
Kawano: When I saw that, I thought that Kubo-sensei was pretty motivated.
Kubo: There were a lot of people on Twitter commenting that they "were sure I'd start drawing Season 2 soon". I ended up thinking that "I'd actually have to start drawing 'soon', it seems". But it will probably not be "soon", so I'll be happy if readers can patiently wait, haha.
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden

Kubo: [...] About Season 2... My editor told me they wanted to put the S2 announcement at the end of the final chapter of Season 1, so I told them I'd draw some sketches for that, like the ones that appear on those pages. The "Coming Soon" was written without my permission, haha.
Editor: I showed it to Kubo-sensei before the magazine was out at stores, hahaha.
Kubo: I saw it! And I thought that "it's not going to be coming soon"!
Kawano: When I saw that, I thought that Kubo-sensei was pretty motivated.
Kubo: There were a lot of people on Twitter commenting that they "were sure I'd start drawing Season 2 soon". I ended up thinking that "I'd actually have to start drawing 'soon', it seems". But it will probably not be "soon", so I'll be happy if readers can patiently wait, haha.
Move aside Togashi, Kubo is coming to town.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
And Jujutsu Kaisen is breaking the internet. 1st place Trending Topic in Japan and 2nd place worldwide. And Crunchyroll scans still haven't come.

The JJK sales on the upcoming months is going to be something really fun to watch.
 

Blink22

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
660
Reaction score
1,432
Age
32
Country
United States
Kubo will most likely return before Togashi anyways. Pain.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Fun is not a word I associate with backlog sales anymore. At least not while there's only a top 50 on Oricon and Kimetsu no Yaiba is still doing its thing while Jujutsu Kaisen is rising. I honestly can't even bring myself to be totally excited for Jujutsu Kaisen's surge in sales cause looking at rankings has become dreadful for the past few weeks and it will only become worse.
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It was nice to get LTD for Jujutsu, but now i hope it leaves the ranking. But well, a series backlog filling the top for a few weeks (well, assuming it won't stay forever like Kimetsu, lol) is normal, but when the 13 Jujutsu volumes are added to the ever present 20+ Kimetsu, it gets pretty annoying. Last ranking had only 20 volumes that werent one of those two
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top