Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Magazine News & Discussion (2014 - 2021) | Page 281 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Magazine News & Discussion (2014 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck_Atlas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Peru
Biggest WTF moment from WSM for me , but damn if this means that Blue Lock may be getting an anime too in the future, then let it be

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
The only reason I would not think it's Ippo is that the last season was out when Masao Maruyama was still running Mappa and had ties to Madhouse and now he doesn't, also with all of Mappa's workload Ippo's next season can't come before Fall 2021 unless it's by studio M2 and Madhouse who haven't had an anime for 2 year minimum IIRC...But what about a Rave Master reboot?

Last edited:

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I would wait till it's officially announced but the CP for next issue didn't tease a big announcement? I assumed the CP was to announce that the Awaji Island arc is ending &/or reaching it's climax. I guess not.

Honestly I was not expecting it to be this early (much later in 2021). I thought they would've waited a while till after Awaji Island arc is finished before announcing it.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
About the second Kodansha series with anime announcement soon, some stuff that has appeared too makes it point it won't be from WSM, it seems it would be Blue Period (we'll discover that in the future anyways).

I wonder if Cuckoo will get a possible anime announcement in January because 1st year anniversary (and since it already has better numbers than Kanokari or 5toubun when they were on volume 4-5).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

This is being a truly crazy day.

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
About the second Kodansha series with anime announcement soon, some stuff that has appeared too makes it point it won't be from WSM, it seems it would be Blue Period (we'll discover that in the future anyways).

I wonder if Cuckoo will get a possible anime announcement in January because 1st year anniversary (and since it already has better numbers than Kanokari or 5toubun when they were on volume 4-5).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

This is being a truly crazy day.

Is Hitman even over?! I know it'll end soon, but the turnaround is fucking quick. Kei and Kouji are about to come back within the year, it seems. May the romantic melodrama never leave us. xD

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Is Hitman even over?! I know it'll end soon, but the turnaround is fucking quick. Kei and Kouji are about to come back within the year, it seems. May the romantic melodrama never leave us. xD
In the #2-3/2021 issue from December 9th, Seo said that Hitman will end in 6 chapters, so: no, it is not over yet in publication, but I can imagine that Seo might've already finished all those chapters in advance.

ruggia

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
In the #2-3/2021 issue from December 9th, Seo said that Hitman will end in 6 chapters, so: no, it is not over yet in publication, but I can imagine that Seo might've already finished all those chapters in advance.
He's still storyboarding the second to last chapter.

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
He's still storyboarding the second to last chapter.

Ah, gotcha. Well, with Seo's history of stuff like Kimi no Iru Machi's final chapter being literally in the same magazine issue as the first chapter of Fuuka, it doesn't surprise me that he has info on his next series ready to talk about already while still working on the final parts of Hitman ^^

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Yep it looks like it is Blue Period and xmas arrived a bit early for me with these anime announcements for Orient & Blue Period :super

I predict Blue Lock is next and then Cuckoo for announcements.

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yep it looks like it is Blue Period and xmas arrived a bit early for me with these anime announcements for Orient & Blue Period :super

I predict Blue Lock is next and then Cuckoo for announcements.
where did you get the blue period news?

ThisIsIt

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
So basically every long series would get anime adaption at some point regardless of sales. I feel bad for actual successful series in the past like Bloody Monday, Godhand Teru or Yankee Kun that never made it lol

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Even though WSM current line up is mid all these announcements is hype, I’ll deff try gotobun’s author new series out. I’m sure it’ll be a day one license or swift one, a scan team will pick it up faithfully too. But bro anime from kodansha in 2021 is loaded... just off the top of my head I’m watching:

Slime S2
Cells at work code black
Shaman King
EZ
High rise invasion
Nagatoro

Only thing that can make this better is 100YQ anime or Danganronpa V3 anime, the people need this Kodansha..!

natsu x777

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Weekly Shonen Magazine goes all out in 2021

In anime:
- Second season for Gotoubun no Hanayome
- Second season for Kanojo, Okarishimasu
- Nanatsu no Taizai Final season
- Second Seitokai Yakuindomo Film
- Live action and anime of Tokyo Revengers
- Anime for Fumetsu no Anata e, Edens Zero, Kanojo mo Kanojo and most likely Orient

For the magazine
- You will have at the same time the most successful mangakas in recent times for the magazine (Hiro Mashima, Nakaba Suzuki, Haruba Negi, Terajima Yuuji, Yoshitoki Oima)
- Has the most promising Romcom to be popular as Kakkou no linazuke
- Has one of the most promising spokons like Blue Lock
- He has a jewel about to become known as Tokyo Revengers.

Anyway, 2021 looks to be the best year for the magazine in a long time. A happy very christmas for everyone.

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
What studio do you guys think could do a good job with Orient?

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
What studio do you guys think could do a good job with Orient?
Ufotable and it has nothing to do the success of Kimetsu either. They would be perfect for it. Orient is going to be very difficult to adapt properly considering how much a large scale battle manga it is and they're going to need exceptional character designers to pull off those character & kishin/demon designs. Like this was from chapter 2 and I'm sure many have seen this double page spread before.

It's probably going to use a lot of CGI and also I believe with the talents of Ufotable's digital team, they'll be able to bring Ohtaka's stunning color pages/volume covers/art to life as well

Others include Bones (obvious choice for a battle series) & David Production (with shaft members) but realistically it probably won't be Ufotable. Those are the best studios to adapt Orient but talking about realistic choices...

-Bones
-MAPPA (I know the MAPPA meme of adapting everything is rampant but I got a feeling they'll do it even before it was a meme lol)
-Cloverworks/A1 (I hope not)
-Orange (for the series requiring a lot of CGI)
-8-bit (They're known for the Slime anime but they have recently formed a partnership with Bandai to create new hit animes so perhaps Orient is one of the titles they want to adapt)

-VOLN (mainly because they're working with Ohtaka for the new anime, Back Arrow, and she did the character designers. The timing just seems like it's a possibility)

I'm personally hoping for Bones and as a fan I'd want it to be 1 cour but considering how the sales are like, 2 cours would be the better choice so they can get to Awaji Island arc. The concern with them adapting Awaji Island in the first season is that they'd have to have a very fast pacing (even if there are chapters where not a lot happens).

Also, I'd like someone like Kishida who worked as a character designer for Jojo part 5 to be the character designer. Hopefully an exceptional staff that is passionate about the series picks it up. I've always wanted to see one of Ohtaka's works get a stellar adaptation and hopefully Orient delivers.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
- Nanatsu no Taizai Final season
was this confirmed? and if so doesn't that confirm it's a 2 cour show?
no way they're adapting almost 100 chapters in 12 episodes
but who knows? last season taught us not to give Deen the benefit of the doubt

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I read Love or Magic:

It’s very early-2010s-light novel-y, doing off of premise alone, and even some of the story beats. For some reason, I really enjoy that. I think it helps that I think it’s execution is good. The MC seems more of your typical shonen protagonist, but I find that shonen protagonists make for pretty good harem protagonists since by definition they have to have a drive, will, or goal that defines them. There isn’t a girl that I outright dislike at the moment, and I like the main girl the most. Her relationship with the MC reminds me of that of Kafka and Mina from Kaiju No. 8, and I want to see her interact more with the MC. Then again, I’m a sucker for that type of dynamic anyways.

I look forward to reading more of this, it’s pretty fun so far and I’m getting invested. It’s not the best out there, but I think it’s decent and can make for some good, fun, popcorn material.

Status
Not open for further replies.