Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
582
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Thank goodness for leaks that don't have stupid watermarks over it.

Plain cover from Matsui. But I'm assuming the LCP might be better given how he's always been creative with his CPs and LCPs.
Yeah, I'm expecting some surprises in the chapter, knowing Matsui.
It's funny, this super plain cover hyped me even more and I'm sure it hyped me more than a bizarre cover would haha.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia

MHA season 5 new key visual is so odd. Why use All Might here?
They’re just lumping in the key pro heroes in the main story. But more importantly, I wonder if the inclusion of Aizawa means his backstory is getting adapted.. It’s probably nothing though.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
They’re just lumping in the key pro heroes in the main story. But more importantly, I wonder if the inclusion of Aizawa means his backstory is getting adapted.. It’s probably nothing though.
It's more likely just showing the fan favorite pro heroes.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Kanji the same but real guy lived in Kamakura not Heian period. I thought it was fantasy series...
Artistic license, I guess.
 

Rukasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
352
Reaction score
1,331
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Kanji the same but real guy lived in Kamakura not Heian period. I thought it was fantasy series...
The manga one lives in kamakura too, there's even a line of him saying "I love Kamakura". Matsui even jokes saying "I'm a guy who appear once in a while in history books, but you probably forget about me right after the exam ends".
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Kanji the same but real guy lived in Kamakura not Heian period. I thought it was fantasy series...
You can have characters named after/based on real people in fantasy series. Gintama isn't really a fantasy (although isn't the real world) and the Shinsengumi (at least the main ones) are named after real Shinsengumi members.
Also all the Nobunaga series.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,549
Reaction score
15,715
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Aiterushii info: An abnormal and exciting criminal suspense series takes the Cover and Lead Color Page with 54 pages!! A suspicious shadow approaches a certain popular actress...

Baseball manga info: The rough birth of a battery!? (Boukyaku Battery 2.0).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh, BLACK MILK will be a mafia oneshot. Like the oneshot from this issue. And the oneshot from previous issue.

And it seems oneshot author from previous volume hinted in author comments about a contest for serialization. I'd need confirmation for that, but if true, it seems this 3 oneshot round would be a contest between 3 mafia oneshots, and the winner gets serialized.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
3,125
Age
24
Country
United States
Oh, BLACK MILK will be a mafia oneshot. Like the oneshot from this issue. And the oneshot from previous issue.

And it seems oneshot author from previous volume hinted in author comments about a contest for serialization. I'd need confirmation for that, but if true, it seems this 3 oneshot round would be a contest between 3 mafia oneshots, and the winner gets serialized.
Mafia contest? Does jump really want a mafia series or is that just what the theme was?
 

ItsSamu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
651
Reaction score
2,890
Gender
Male
Country
Scotland
Aiterushii info: An abnormal and exciting criminal suspense series takes the Cover and Lead Color Page with 54 pages!! A suspicious shadow approaches a certain popular actress...

Baseball manga info: The rough birth of a battery!? (Boukyaku Battery 2.0).
So for this batch we've got four pretty distinct subjects/genres:
  1. Japanese historical series
  2. Criminal suspense series
  3. Witch comedy series
  4. Baseball sports series
A nice varied mix now that we have more specifics, I'm especially excited now that the one most assumed would be a romcom is actually a criminal/suspense story about an actress? I'm most worried for the baseball series even though I've been craving a sports series ever since Haikyuu!! ended, hopefully it something unique about it to stand out.
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,440
Reaction score
3,618
Age
26
Country
United States
Interest in Aiterushii rising.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
3,125
Age
24
Country
United States
I worry aiterushii's gonna have a great premise but subpar writing like time paradox ghostwriter
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Aiterushii's premise is very interesting, the darkened lady (assuming that's the shadow) in the preview might indicate some horror elements as well.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Do y’all think they may be hesitant on giving high promo to Phantom Seer due to the fact that we have 3 veterans returning(all of them have at least 2 hits under their belt as well, rather than just on success). And there’s still probably a desire to save a spot for a good Sports series.

idk, even if PS does have a decent 1st week sales, if all 3 veterans come out and do better than PS the axe may still be on the table(not that I necessarily believe this is gonna happen. Personally I’m predicting Build King gets the axe)
 

Serinox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
4,781
Country
Dragonstone
I worry aiterushii's gonna have a great premise but subpar writing like time paradox ghostwriter
Very true, I do want to feel more excited after hearing about the premise, but I can't shake the disappointment from TPGW off yet :x
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,499
Reaction score
39,540
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
lmao Ai Terushii and the author just trolled everybody into thinking it was obviously a romcom just to be the total opposite :p

And tbh now makes more sense considering the whole batch, was a bit worried that Witch Watch and Ai Terushii would look a bit similar.

A few pages from Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi


Matsui art is looking really good here, since the preview with the mc i have the feeling this will be popular with girls/fujo.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top