Games Mafia Game 95 - Saint Seiya: Era of the Zodiac - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,586
Gender
Female
Country
China
Madame fallaFar's Daily Horoscope corner!
๐Ÿ”ฎ With the very last bits of their energy they can muster, the Teller takes to the stars one final time ๐Ÿ”ฎ

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ˆ Aries โ™ˆ
"Sure, your sign might be considered a little unfiltered, bold and daring even; prone to being bored, one could say. But this also allows you to reach new heights other signs rarely ascend to. This week the Virgo moon will be in descent and Jupiter will be in retrograde, meaning it's high time for you to set out on a new venture. Yet, with the waning sun and rising tides also comes the warning not to overreach. Fate is a zero-sum game, and not one you can always win."

โ™‰Taurus โ™‰
"Despite your penchant for resting, over long enough periods of time, this might cause rusting. Your all-or-nothing demeanour makes it hard for you to change or to pivot at the exact moment you need. This week you will be once again presented with an opportunity and the stars have aligned for you to reach out. Though it might go against your nature, it might be your destiny."

โ™ŠGemini โ™Š
"You're charismatic and good with words, both written and in conversation. But your charm has a washing-machine type of effect; others believe you, no matter what you say, and consequently, you start believing it too. In the short term, that works wonders for you. In the long-term, you might find yourself cornered by a lack of good advice, and people around you to balance out your persona. This week, the stars will provide you with an opportunity in disguise to make a change in this. That person who argues against you might actually be looking out for you. For a change, it might be best to let someone else do the talking, and despite all odds, that might enrich your life greatly"

โ™‹ Cancer โ™‹
"You're a sensitive person who seeks both provide and give comfort. You forgive but don't forget, you set boundaries that are vigilantly guarded and maintained but are willing to take on the problems of others outside of that. You might find that this week requires you to shift the window a little, when a new but unknown problem shows up on the horizon. Though people tend to lose perspective when they face the unknown, the stars can do one better than disorient you, and instead, help you make acquaintance with a whole new worldview. Be open-minded this week, and see where it takes you."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™Œ Leo โ™Œ
"Despite being a little vain, you exude warmth and creativity. Your larger-than-life persona makes you stand out and you like this accompanying a certain degree of luxury. And much like the King of Beasts, you hold back little energy when dealing with problems, both big and small. This week you will be asked to practice restraint and proportionality. Even the Lion needs rest."

โ™ Virgo โ™
"The Virgo sign is a compassionate one. You feel the need to be useful to others, no matter what. It helps that usually you are in fact the kind of person who can produce useful solutions. You have a million ideas per second that are produced by a rich tapestry of experience. Your quick thinking makes it so you can find quick fixes to whatever situation. This however does not mean there always is a solution, and you need to make peace with that. This week, try figuring out yourself, too."

โ™Ž Libra โ™Ž
"You hate being alone, but you also hate conflict. You see every side which makes it so you have trouble making decisions. But this week is not the time to get lost in fantasy and lose yourself to eventualities that might never occur. It is time to stand your ground and figure out how to break your current dead-lock. This week, you will have to decide. When you decide, go deeper than trying to understand both sides and instead try to figure out why you feel the need to mediate."

โ™ Scorpio โ™
"No sign takes betrayal worse than you do. And this week, you will be indeed faced with betrayal. Not necessarily someone you're close to, but someone you look up to - deem better than yourself - will disappoint you. While revenge is a dish best served callously, this week, it will be important for you to choose your battles, and bide your time. You don't know how much poison you will be needing going forward, and who to use it on, if you take out everything in sight."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ Sagittarius โ™
"You have no indoor voice and form opinions almost exclusively based on how you feel in the moment. Simultaneously, you are driven by self-improvement to the point of it being a fault. Truth is a weapon you use to dish out blunt trauma to all around you, even those who didn't deserve it, much less those who can defend themselves from it. This week you will be faced with a conundrum that requires a bit more emotional intelligence than you usually care to apply. Not for lack of possession of it, however. So tap into this richer side of yourself, and learn to furnish your weapon with this pageantry."

โ™‘ Capricorn โ™‘
"You're responsible and motivated by duty. Oriented around success, you might be a little hard to approach. Others think it, but you know it. While it may be comfortable keeping up these defences, the stars have a chance meeting for you planned this week that requires you to let down the draw bridge. It's good being an adult, but it's better not to lose sight of your childlike enthusiasms. Staying in touch with your past is not a bad thing if you understand your place in it."

โ™’ Aquarius โ™’
"You are in possession of the best sign. But that doesn't mean you are being your best self. You believe in freedom, having it and living it, but faultily, you also believe the opposite of freedom is restraint. This is not true; a little self-discipline would help you improve in all aspects of your life, and allow you to exploit said freedom better. Being free means the ability to choose and you would do well seeking more input from others before you choose how you want to be free."

โ™“ Pisces โ™“
"They say there's plenty of fish in the sea. And that's true. It's unfortunate then you're a sea-urchin. You also get into a fight with a duck you somehow manage to lose. Best to stay inside"
​
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,586
Gender
Female
Country
China
๐Ÿ”ฎ Night Actions ๐Ÿ”ฎ




Aha here are the spicy night actions. Past Nacho's death, the DC didn't have much to vote on... So it was dissolved. Also, empty spaces may indicate that player didn't PM for whatever reason

I was going to do an elaborate player-by-player review like last time, but this time noona did it, and hers were pretty good so I'll stick to those :lmao

Compared to the previous burning building mechanic, I think noona and I pretty easily settled on the form of this idea, stamping out technicalities along the way. I thought the DC mechanic was pretty interesting, though perhaps not all effects were equally balanced (nor did all effects provide the DC with the same amount of powers). There is probably some more interesting concepts in this post-death corner to explore (coming to a panda game close to you). Coming up with all the effects was a little tricky but overall they produced a couple of interesting gamer moments. Hmm, I didn't expect a mafia to die to the N1 effect, I didn't think Jesus and day skip would be picked so quickly and I didn't expect horoscoping to be such hard work ๐Ÿ˜ค The tellers have it tough.

We wanted the game to have a mystical kind of atmosphere? The colours, avi's and text hopefully all contributed to that. Though usually I'm not necessarily fond of RNG, given the theme it seemed acceptable. We had to RNG onto a vote so that a majority of townies couldn't disregard a minority mafo. There was a rubberband kind of mechanic to a three-headed council, as the team that was getting bodied could attempt to control the course of the constellations. Introducing lovers into the game at a later point proved an interesting stimulant, in that even trusted players could get burnt. Inactive or unwilling players could refrain from engaging with the mechanic heavily. Living players didn't necessarily have to learn all the effects while they were playing; they could focus on the game and look up a list of more invested players after kicking the bucket.

I liked random-kuns debut. He helped a lot with Rin-chan-campaigning and has a penchant for omo'ing. It's a smart bot, for sure. It did its best. Not a lot to say about it, other than that I'm disappointed in the players who had random-kun RNG onto someone to vote for LOL, very painful. Its final deciding coin toss turned out to be pretty relevant. Apparently, random-kun has a penchant for multiples of 2 but will roll onto uneven numbers if you praise or intimidate it. Perhaps it keeps track of how everyone is treating it :heh. I think in these few cute paragraphs I've surmised most of my immediately relevant thoughts. Hopefully, less panda game shenanigans next time ๐Ÿ˜ค





๐ŸŒ  Once again, congratulations to the winners, and thank you for playing! ๐ŸŒ 
​
 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Not like there's much to discuss about on D1 though? Except spam more and more questions about the mechanics
There usually is, people just really underestimate d1. Something basic for here is already role talk. Someone like Shad saying "hey guys we neeeeeed to spam!!" looks actually odd to me. Someone like dd just throwing a vote away (letting us all see it's random so it doesn't bite him in the ass) with no intention of putting any sort of pressure does too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Right now smooth people are being smooth and getting a head start talking about their favorite, from when tomorrow the race will start they would have secured an advantage...



You are assuming it a normal game that doesn't have this rule. The rule is here and people will act on it.

The way I see it they are 2 kind of people:

People like you that naturally can fill pages after pages of small talk are happy to not talk about this.
People like me that don't like spamming having to either take the hit or do the right thing and join the spam train.
Right, but if people act on it then it's easier for us to see a change in behaviour, and the way they approach not being at the bottom could give us leads. Hosts gave us a situation for us to see how people react to it. Screaming "hey guys let's all fuck around" accomplishes the opposite.
 

Gajeel

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
!votekill Hardy
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Yeyeyeye
 

MArGi

MH Senpai
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 16, 2014
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
3,125
Country
France
There usually is, people just really underestimate d1. Something basic for here is already role talk. Someone like Shad saying "hey guys we neeeeeed to spam!!" looks actually odd to me. Someone like dd just throwing a vote away (letting us all see it's random so it doesn't bite him in the ass) with no intention of putting any sort of pressure does too.
I don't know, seems to me that Shad is just saying out loud what we are all thinking after reading the mechanics. I'm pretty sure none of us wants to be among the bottom 5 posters, that's just natural?
From what I've seen, interpreting people's actions on D1 is a lot more relevant after a few more Days have passed in game and with a clearer view on who's affiliation was/might be?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I don't know, seems to me that Shad is just saying out loud what we are all thinking after reading the mechanics. I'm pretty sure none of us wants to be among the bottom 5 posters, that's just natural?
From what I've seen, interpreting people's actions on D1 is a lot more relevant after a few more Days have passed in game and with a clearer view on who's affiliation was/might be?
Never a bottom poster so I'm not sure how to see it, but I'd like to think my first reaction would be "ok I will try a bit harder d1" and not "ok I will talk about the avatars".

No doubt, but even like that if no one acts d1 and people just throw their votes away there isn't anything to look at later.
 

Brandish ฮผ

Taking notes
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Avoiding bottom 5 doesn't have to mean spam. Plus if everyone does it, then it's no different to everyone not spamming.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Aw man Brandish is agreeing with me this is bad.
 

Shad

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Right, but if people act on it then it's easier for us to see a change in behaviour, and the way they approach not being at the bottom could give us leads. Hosts gave us a situation for us to see how people react to it. Screaming "hey guys let's all fuck around" accomplishes the opposite.
I agree, I think a change in behavior will happen.

But even without this rule, scum can and do participate a lot in D1, usually 2 of the top 5 posters are scum.
It on D2 and forward that when (some of them) find it harder to continue doing so.

So your idea still valid I think.

Anyway I wrote enough for me to not feel bad about posting :D
 

Brandish ฮผ

Taking notes
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Aw man Brandish is agreeing with me this is bad.
Well kinda. But I actually like the spam mechanics, where we get something in return for our efforts.
 

MArGi

MH Senpai
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 16, 2014
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
3,125
Country
France
Btw
How you go from this Hint to my role is something only people that played Scavenger Hunt will understand xD.
NO WAY am I doing Scav Hunt and Mafia Game at the same time!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

With that said, going to bed now!
 

Gajeel

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I have a passive role.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
not sure how i feel about the first part with the least poster being killed after D1, now ppl will randomly spam just to not be in the least 5.... and imma waste time reading useless stuff and not getting anywhere and end up in the least 5 posters and probably die. Cuz that's the luck i usually have.

kinda pouty
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I have a passive role.
oh gajeel you took milo โ™ฅ I love hiim
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
ok read the mechanics and I have to say I like them, I feel that it's gonna be a hustle for hosts tho' good luck hosts XD

lmao at the gemini sign :))))))))))))
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

"If this sign is voted for, the phase is skipped. " really copan...rly farf? this is what you gave aquarius?!?!?! I feel humiliated :hmpf

so what phase day night both?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
ok read the mechanics and I have to say I like them, I feel that it's gonna be a hustle for hosts tho' good luck hosts XD

lmao at the gemini sign :))))))))))))
Gemini is in theory the strongest cloth with the most destructive attack (balanced by the fact that it's... Ambivalent?) I'd not talk shit to it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Phase is always next phase so it's whichever comes next, doesn't matter.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Oh you are talking about the mechanic nvm
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Nvm about gemini*
 

James Rye

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I am back and I won and it feels good to win after 4 weeks of loses and draws and Taurus is a good sign and I am just happy. <3

Last story spam, but Aphrodite is actually a massive dude in the manga. The anime made him look like Griffith with make up lol.
Had no idea, probably because I didn't read the manga nor watched the anime. Saw bits of it though here and there.

So many questions about how this mechanics works >.<

A lot of comeback mechanics:
4 players eligible to die (Virgo), Restless Spirit (Scorpio), Swap role with dead player (Capricon), Skipped phase (Aquarius)
I think this is designed so that the game is not a one sided fest, who ever is the majority in the DC will pick something that helps their team.
If so, then this could be a hint that there is only one big Mafia and not two as then the opposing Mafias would block each other in the DC if they die early on and don't wanna give the other Mafia team an advantage. Like Evil said so here:

So, with 21 players according to front table we could have 6 mafia members in a one team scenario. 21 players is the bottom bracket of the 6 mafia members though. But since the Libra Sign will drop Lovers in as well, it makes sense that this is how hosts nerved the number of 6.
Ofc there is always a chance of that theory being bongus and there being two Mafia groups or that there is a TPler we don't know about yet, but with the DC system in place, a single big Mafia group seems to make the most sense to set up.


Isnt your waifu scorpio, how do you dare call her scum ? :arf
OH SNAP! XD

@Random between 1 and 21
Wait what?

Vote kill James Rye and I sleep
WHOA!???!?!?!?!
WE GOT A RANDOMIZER FUNCTION??? O.o
Why hasn't anyone told me about this?!
I can use that as a role ability! Barkeeper no longer forces people to switch targets or blocks or reveals roles or whatever! BARKEEPER FROM NOW ON FORCES YOU TO RANDOMIZE YOUR VOTE NEXT DAY 'CAUSE YOU'RE DRUNK!!! Hell yeah! #BK2021 for real! No way the hosts not gonna like that! <3

I mean, I can use numbers like between 1 and 13 and 15 and 18 right in case 14 died or so, right?
Wait, I gonna check for myself:
@Random between 1 and 17 and 19 and 21

@Random between 17 and 17
Kek

Oh these mechanics are very interesting... and a bit confusing ^^ One minute I'm like "yes, I think I understand it" and the next I'm like "wait, let me double-check if I got that right!"
So basically you are already IC (in Character). Not bad.

not sure how i feel about the first part with the least poster being killed after D1, now ppl will randomly spam just to not be in the least 5.... and imma waste time reading useless stuff and not getting anywhere and end up in the least 5 posters and probably die. Cuz that's the luck i usually have.

kinda pouty
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



oh gajeel you took milo โ™ฅ I love hiim
Imagine the last hour of the day when the lowest 6 posters will spam post to avoid being in the lowest top 5. This thread gonna gain so many pages because of those couple players, lol. xD
 

Random

Most Productive Member
ๅˆๅฟƒ่€…/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 24, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
113
James Rye,

Your #1 random number between 1 and 21 is 15.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top