Games Mafia Game 95 - Saint Seiya: Era of the Zodiac - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,585
Gender
Female
Country
China
Madame fallaFar's Daily Horoscope corner!
๐Ÿ”ฎ With the very last bits of their energy they can muster, the Teller takes to the stars one final time ๐Ÿ”ฎ

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ˆ Aries โ™ˆ
"Sure, your sign might be considered a little unfiltered, bold and daring even; prone to being bored, one could say. But this also allows you to reach new heights other signs rarely ascend to. This week the Virgo moon will be in descent and Jupiter will be in retrograde, meaning it's high time for you to set out on a new venture. Yet, with the waning sun and rising tides also comes the warning not to overreach. Fate is a zero-sum game, and not one you can always win."

โ™‰Taurus โ™‰
"Despite your penchant for resting, over long enough periods of time, this might cause rusting. Your all-or-nothing demeanour makes it hard for you to change or to pivot at the exact moment you need. This week you will be once again presented with an opportunity and the stars have aligned for you to reach out. Though it might go against your nature, it might be your destiny."

โ™ŠGemini โ™Š
"You're charismatic and good with words, both written and in conversation. But your charm has a washing-machine type of effect; others believe you, no matter what you say, and consequently, you start believing it too. In the short term, that works wonders for you. In the long-term, you might find yourself cornered by a lack of good advice, and people around you to balance out your persona. This week, the stars will provide you with an opportunity in disguise to make a change in this. That person who argues against you might actually be looking out for you. For a change, it might be best to let someone else do the talking, and despite all odds, that might enrich your life greatly"

โ™‹ Cancer โ™‹
"You're a sensitive person who seeks both provide and give comfort. You forgive but don't forget, you set boundaries that are vigilantly guarded and maintained but are willing to take on the problems of others outside of that. You might find that this week requires you to shift the window a little, when a new but unknown problem shows up on the horizon. Though people tend to lose perspective when they face the unknown, the stars can do one better than disorient you, and instead, help you make acquaintance with a whole new worldview. Be open-minded this week, and see where it takes you."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™Œ Leo โ™Œ
"Despite being a little vain, you exude warmth and creativity. Your larger-than-life persona makes you stand out and you like this accompanying a certain degree of luxury. And much like the King of Beasts, you hold back little energy when dealing with problems, both big and small. This week you will be asked to practice restraint and proportionality. Even the Lion needs rest."

โ™ Virgo โ™
"The Virgo sign is a compassionate one. You feel the need to be useful to others, no matter what. It helps that usually you are in fact the kind of person who can produce useful solutions. You have a million ideas per second that are produced by a rich tapestry of experience. Your quick thinking makes it so you can find quick fixes to whatever situation. This however does not mean there always is a solution, and you need to make peace with that. This week, try figuring out yourself, too."

โ™Ž Libra โ™Ž
"You hate being alone, but you also hate conflict. You see every side which makes it so you have trouble making decisions. But this week is not the time to get lost in fantasy and lose yourself to eventualities that might never occur. It is time to stand your ground and figure out how to break your current dead-lock. This week, you will have to decide. When you decide, go deeper than trying to understand both sides and instead try to figure out why you feel the need to mediate."

โ™ Scorpio โ™
"No sign takes betrayal worse than you do. And this week, you will be indeed faced with betrayal. Not necessarily someone you're close to, but someone you look up to - deem better than yourself - will disappoint you. While revenge is a dish best served callously, this week, it will be important for you to choose your battles, and bide your time. You don't know how much poison you will be needing going forward, and who to use it on, if you take out everything in sight."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ Sagittarius โ™
"You have no indoor voice and form opinions almost exclusively based on how you feel in the moment. Simultaneously, you are driven by self-improvement to the point of it being a fault. Truth is a weapon you use to dish out blunt trauma to all around you, even those who didn't deserve it, much less those who can defend themselves from it. This week you will be faced with a conundrum that requires a bit more emotional intelligence than you usually care to apply. Not for lack of possession of it, however. So tap into this richer side of yourself, and learn to furnish your weapon with this pageantry."

โ™‘ Capricorn โ™‘
"You're responsible and motivated by duty. Oriented around success, you might be a little hard to approach. Others think it, but you know it. While it may be comfortable keeping up these defences, the stars have a chance meeting for you planned this week that requires you to let down the draw bridge. It's good being an adult, but it's better not to lose sight of your childlike enthusiasms. Staying in touch with your past is not a bad thing if you understand your place in it."

โ™’ Aquarius โ™’
"You are in possession of the best sign. But that doesn't mean you are being your best self. You believe in freedom, having it and living it, but faultily, you also believe the opposite of freedom is restraint. This is not true; a little self-discipline would help you improve in all aspects of your life, and allow you to exploit said freedom better. Being free means the ability to choose and you would do well seeking more input from others before you choose how you want to be free."

โ™“ Pisces โ™“
"They say there's plenty of fish in the sea. And that's true. It's unfortunate then you're a sea-urchin. You also get into a fight with a duck you somehow manage to lose. Best to stay inside"
​
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,585
Gender
Female
Country
China
๐Ÿ”ฎ Night Actions ๐Ÿ”ฎ




Aha here are the spicy night actions. Past Nacho's death, the DC didn't have much to vote on... So it was dissolved. Also, empty spaces may indicate that player didn't PM for whatever reason

I was going to do an elaborate player-by-player review like last time, but this time noona did it, and hers were pretty good so I'll stick to those :lmao

Compared to the previous burning building mechanic, I think noona and I pretty easily settled on the form of this idea, stamping out technicalities along the way. I thought the DC mechanic was pretty interesting, though perhaps not all effects were equally balanced (nor did all effects provide the DC with the same amount of powers). There is probably some more interesting concepts in this post-death corner to explore (coming to a panda game close to you). Coming up with all the effects was a little tricky but overall they produced a couple of interesting gamer moments. Hmm, I didn't expect a mafia to die to the N1 effect, I didn't think Jesus and day skip would be picked so quickly and I didn't expect horoscoping to be such hard work ๐Ÿ˜ค The tellers have it tough.

We wanted the game to have a mystical kind of atmosphere? The colours, avi's and text hopefully all contributed to that. Though usually I'm not necessarily fond of RNG, given the theme it seemed acceptable. We had to RNG onto a vote so that a majority of townies couldn't disregard a minority mafo. There was a rubberband kind of mechanic to a three-headed council, as the team that was getting bodied could attempt to control the course of the constellations. Introducing lovers into the game at a later point proved an interesting stimulant, in that even trusted players could get burnt. Inactive or unwilling players could refrain from engaging with the mechanic heavily. Living players didn't necessarily have to learn all the effects while they were playing; they could focus on the game and look up a list of more invested players after kicking the bucket.

I liked random-kuns debut. He helped a lot with Rin-chan-campaigning and has a penchant for omo'ing. It's a smart bot, for sure. It did its best. Not a lot to say about it, other than that I'm disappointed in the players who had random-kun RNG onto someone to vote for LOL, very painful. Its final deciding coin toss turned out to be pretty relevant. Apparently, random-kun has a penchant for multiples of 2 but will roll onto uneven numbers if you praise or intimidate it. Perhaps it keeps track of how everyone is treating it :heh. I think in these few cute paragraphs I've surmised most of my immediately relevant thoughts. Hopefully, less panda game shenanigans next time ๐Ÿ˜ค





๐ŸŒ  Once again, congratulations to the winners, and thank you for playing! ๐ŸŒ 
​
 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
If I was mafia noble would I do this?

The annon vote was casted before brandish so I had 1 placeholder vote on me before that, it sounds stupid to make it 2 by yourself and reveal the role at the same time.
Sure why not. You literally killed a mafia buddy d1. This is a good cover.
 

Asako

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
I thought mafia noble is announced by hosts and it's like a politician version

Robber more similar to townie Noble but considering there no kills, it confirms that we have a noble (I'm lazy to check if I'm wrong or not about mafia noble but that's how i remember it)
Ignore what i said here, i checked
I really should remember how the new roles work but considering how much they changes, they never stay in my head unless i see them used in a game
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,039
Gender
Female
Country
France
To me it has to be a town noble, no mafia noble would reveal themselves this early.
 

Asako

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
What reasonable argument he said "so he talks about his role" which I never refused to do?
No? It's more like how you act with other people this game when interacting
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,039
Gender
Female
Country
France
This is the same description as the town noble, so don't think it's supposed to be announced ๐Ÿค” But I could be wrong of course
I think since it's in the "roles being tested" part, it should be announced that roles being tested are within the game.
 

Shad

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
It seems like I will need help if I'm to survive this.

The annon vote is so that I can't save myself with my vote.

Hardy is still holding his vote, waiting for me to go for him.
Tatsumaki came back just in time to agree with them that this must be some super hero town annon town noble doing the right thing, instead of the obvious answer, no town noble admitted to this, if I was this suspecious the town noble could have voted me himself without revealing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I lost trust in GrySun, Hardy Tatsumaki and Brandish (this last one could be just luck)

This looks like a standard mafia cordinated attack in the last minutes of the game, they had to do it now because noble can't be used 1h before day end.
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,039
Gender
Female
Country
France

Shad

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@Maryxxi are you keeping you vote on me? Let me know so I know the exact count.
 

Brandish ฮผ

Taking notes
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
If I was mafia noble would I do this?
Not as mafia noble, or noble. So you're not those two roles. Why are are posing this question even??

I said I expected some people to behave accordingly. You already showed in that game how you react. Yes it's not the same but it's very similar. You weren't supposed to just spam, and yet you did.
The similarity is subjective depending if you perceive the avoidance of being bottom 5 in this game in a similar/same category as gaining titan power thru spam in the SnK game.

For me (stressing this), that comes down to role and how I want to play that game.

IIRC I was plain townie in that game. And I was Eren. I had to twerk for power to be somewhat interested.

In this game I just have to avoid being bottom 5 which is easy enough, without setting off any spam police. And the prize for avoiding bottom 5 is being excluded from a 20% chance of death, which doesn't feel like much of a prize.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina

James Rye

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Maybe someone really dislikes Virgo? Has anybody said something like that in the past 30 pages? I remember capricon and cancer haters.

This ain't it. Like at all.

There would be no point to spam because I'm way too late to the party and I absolutely didn't have the time to do so. I'm here now. So I'll post. But I already know it won't be enough to evade top 5. Tho that doesn't matter since it was cleared up earlier that there are no signs today so no bottom 5 death.

And you're so overestimating my game and lying abilities, I would have never thought about all that.
Hm, maybe, I do tend to overthink stuff, that's true. But you could also just simply decided to take the easy way by not posting much since usually being a low poster is a good way to live long in Mafia games, even with a 1 in 5 death chance.
Also did I miss that clearing up? I thought the Aries sign says that it will be chosen after D1 so it sounded to me like it would be used for the coming night phase or did I misunderstand that and it was meant for Day 2? Then why not simply write it will be used on day 2?
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,878
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
I think since it's in the "roles being tested" part, it should be announced that roles being tested are within the game.
Oh, no that's not what I meant with that xD
But in regards to new roles being tested: This is often announced yeah, not sure if it's a rule that it should be announced. But perhaps veteran hosts can shed some light on that)
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Not as mafia noble, or noble. So you're not those two roles. Why are are posing this question even??



The similarity is subjective depending if you perceive the avoidance of being bottom 5 in this game in a similar/same category as gaining titan power thru spam in the SnK game.

For me (stressing this), that comes down to role and how I want to play that game.

IIRC I was plain townie in that game. And I was Eren. I had to twerk for power to be somewhat interested.

In this game I just have to avoid being bottom 5 which is easy enough, without setting off any spam police. And the prize for avoiding bottom 5 is being excluded from a 20% chance of death, which doesn't feel like much of a prize.
You were bodyguard super mason iirc.

Yeah so twerking: mindless spam but this non-reward: playing the game properly for the... first time?
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,039
Gender
Female
Country
France
I thought the Aries sign says that it will be chosen after D1 so it sounded to me like it would be used for the coming night phase or did I misunderstand that and it was meant for Day 2? Then why not simply write it will be used on day 2?
Okay then I'm lost again. Gotta read more thoroughly that opening post.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Okay @James Rye you're right. The lynched one chose among the bottom 5 players who will die. That was it.
 

Brandish ฮผ

Taking notes
ไผ่ชฌใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
You were bodyguard super mason iirc.

Yeah so twerking: mindless spam but this non-reward: playing the game properly for the... first time?
I died that role because of the titan power. I might've had some other role not regular townie.

Maybe?
 

Shad

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Oh, no that's not what I meant with that xD
But in regards to new roles being tested: This is often announced yeah, not sure if it's a rule that it should be announced. But perhaps veteran hosts can shed some light on that)
I remember hosts saying they won't announce anymore: @Copy Panda @Farfalla
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Maybe someone really dislikes Virgo? Has anybody said something like that in the past 30 pages? I remember capricon and cancer haters.



Hm, maybe, I do tend to overthink stuff, that's true. But you could also just simply decided to take the easy way by not posting much since usually being a low poster is a good way to live long in Mafia games, even with a 1 in 5 death chance.
Also did I miss that clearing up? I thought the Aries sign says that it will be chosen after D1 so it sounded to me like it would be used for the coming night phase or did I misunderstand that and it was meant for Day 2? Then why not simply write it will be used on day 2?
Okay then I'm lost again. Gotta read more thoroughly that opening post.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Okay @James Rye you're right. The lynched one chose among the bottom 5 players who will die. That was it.
The post says after D1 so I assume it will happen during Night Phase. Then they will pick a sign for the D2 when the N1 ends.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Yeah, we're not announcing new roles in case they're in game.
Oh. Spicy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top