Games Mafia Game 95 - Saint Seiya: Era of the Zodiac - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,719
Gender
Female
Country
China
Madame fallaFar's Daily Horoscope corner!
๐Ÿ”ฎ With the very last bits of their energy they can muster, the Teller takes to the stars one final time ๐Ÿ”ฎ

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ˆ Aries โ™ˆ
"Sure, your sign might be considered a little unfiltered, bold and daring even; prone to being bored, one could say. But this also allows you to reach new heights other signs rarely ascend to. This week the Virgo moon will be in descent and Jupiter will be in retrograde, meaning it's high time for you to set out on a new venture. Yet, with the waning sun and rising tides also comes the warning not to overreach. Fate is a zero-sum game, and not one you can always win."

โ™‰Taurus โ™‰
"Despite your penchant for resting, over long enough periods of time, this might cause rusting. Your all-or-nothing demeanour makes it hard for you to change or to pivot at the exact moment you need. This week you will be once again presented with an opportunity and the stars have aligned for you to reach out. Though it might go against your nature, it might be your destiny."

โ™ŠGemini โ™Š
"You're charismatic and good with words, both written and in conversation. But your charm has a washing-machine type of effect; others believe you, no matter what you say, and consequently, you start believing it too. In the short term, that works wonders for you. In the long-term, you might find yourself cornered by a lack of good advice, and people around you to balance out your persona. This week, the stars will provide you with an opportunity in disguise to make a change in this. That person who argues against you might actually be looking out for you. For a change, it might be best to let someone else do the talking, and despite all odds, that might enrich your life greatly"

โ™‹ Cancer โ™‹
"You're a sensitive person who seeks both provide and give comfort. You forgive but don't forget, you set boundaries that are vigilantly guarded and maintained but are willing to take on the problems of others outside of that. You might find that this week requires you to shift the window a little, when a new but unknown problem shows up on the horizon. Though people tend to lose perspective when they face the unknown, the stars can do one better than disorient you, and instead, help you make acquaintance with a whole new worldview. Be open-minded this week, and see where it takes you."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™Œ Leo โ™Œ
"Despite being a little vain, you exude warmth and creativity. Your larger-than-life persona makes you stand out and you like this accompanying a certain degree of luxury. And much like the King of Beasts, you hold back little energy when dealing with problems, both big and small. This week you will be asked to practice restraint and proportionality. Even the Lion needs rest."

โ™ Virgo โ™
"The Virgo sign is a compassionate one. You feel the need to be useful to others, no matter what. It helps that usually you are in fact the kind of person who can produce useful solutions. You have a million ideas per second that are produced by a rich tapestry of experience. Your quick thinking makes it so you can find quick fixes to whatever situation. This however does not mean there always is a solution, and you need to make peace with that. This week, try figuring out yourself, too."

โ™Ž Libra โ™Ž
"You hate being alone, but you also hate conflict. You see every side which makes it so you have trouble making decisions. But this week is not the time to get lost in fantasy and lose yourself to eventualities that might never occur. It is time to stand your ground and figure out how to break your current dead-lock. This week, you will have to decide. When you decide, go deeper than trying to understand both sides and instead try to figure out why you feel the need to mediate."

โ™ Scorpio โ™
"No sign takes betrayal worse than you do. And this week, you will be indeed faced with betrayal. Not necessarily someone you're close to, but someone you look up to - deem better than yourself - will disappoint you. While revenge is a dish best served callously, this week, it will be important for you to choose your battles, and bide your time. You don't know how much poison you will be needing going forward, and who to use it on, if you take out everything in sight."

๐ŸŒ 

โ™ Sagittarius โ™
"You have no indoor voice and form opinions almost exclusively based on how you feel in the moment. Simultaneously, you are driven by self-improvement to the point of it being a fault. Truth is a weapon you use to dish out blunt trauma to all around you, even those who didn't deserve it, much less those who can defend themselves from it. This week you will be faced with a conundrum that requires a bit more emotional intelligence than you usually care to apply. Not for lack of possession of it, however. So tap into this richer side of yourself, and learn to furnish your weapon with this pageantry."

โ™‘ Capricorn โ™‘
"You're responsible and motivated by duty. Oriented around success, you might be a little hard to approach. Others think it, but you know it. While it may be comfortable keeping up these defences, the stars have a chance meeting for you planned this week that requires you to let down the draw bridge. It's good being an adult, but it's better not to lose sight of your childlike enthusiasms. Staying in touch with your past is not a bad thing if you understand your place in it."

โ™’ Aquarius โ™’
"You are in possession of the best sign. But that doesn't mean you are being your best self. You believe in freedom, having it and living it, but faultily, you also believe the opposite of freedom is restraint. This is not true; a little self-discipline would help you improve in all aspects of your life, and allow you to exploit said freedom better. Being free means the ability to choose and you would do well seeking more input from others before you choose how you want to be free."

โ™“ Pisces โ™“
"They say there's plenty of fish in the sea. And that's true. It's unfortunate then you're a sea-urchin. You also get into a fight with a duck you somehow manage to lose. Best to stay inside"
​
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,719
Gender
Female
Country
China
๐Ÿ”ฎ Night Actions ๐Ÿ”ฎ




Aha here are the spicy night actions. Past Nacho's death, the DC didn't have much to vote on... So it was dissolved. Also, empty spaces may indicate that player didn't PM for whatever reason

I was going to do an elaborate player-by-player review like last time, but this time noona did it, and hers were pretty good so I'll stick to those :lmao

Compared to the previous burning building mechanic, I think noona and I pretty easily settled on the form of this idea, stamping out technicalities along the way. I thought the DC mechanic was pretty interesting, though perhaps not all effects were equally balanced (nor did all effects provide the DC with the same amount of powers). There is probably some more interesting concepts in this post-death corner to explore (coming to a panda game close to you). Coming up with all the effects was a little tricky but overall they produced a couple of interesting gamer moments. Hmm, I didn't expect a mafia to die to the N1 effect, I didn't think Jesus and day skip would be picked so quickly and I didn't expect horoscoping to be such hard work ๐Ÿ˜ค The tellers have it tough.

We wanted the game to have a mystical kind of atmosphere? The colours, avi's and text hopefully all contributed to that. Though usually I'm not necessarily fond of RNG, given the theme it seemed acceptable. We had to RNG onto a vote so that a majority of townies couldn't disregard a minority mafo. There was a rubberband kind of mechanic to a three-headed council, as the team that was getting bodied could attempt to control the course of the constellations. Introducing lovers into the game at a later point proved an interesting stimulant, in that even trusted players could get burnt. Inactive or unwilling players could refrain from engaging with the mechanic heavily. Living players didn't necessarily have to learn all the effects while they were playing; they could focus on the game and look up a list of more invested players after kicking the bucket.

I liked random-kuns debut. He helped a lot with Rin-chan-campaigning and has a penchant for omo'ing. It's a smart bot, for sure. It did its best. Not a lot to say about it, other than that I'm disappointed in the players who had random-kun RNG onto someone to vote for LOL, very painful. Its final deciding coin toss turned out to be pretty relevant. Apparently, random-kun has a penchant for multiples of 2 but will roll onto uneven numbers if you praise or intimidate it. Perhaps it keeps track of how everyone is treating it :heh. I think in these few cute paragraphs I've surmised most of my immediately relevant thoughts. Hopefully, less panda game shenanigans next time ๐Ÿ˜ค





๐ŸŒ  Once again, congratulations to the winners, and thank you for playing! ๐ŸŒ 
​
 
Last edited:

James Rye

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
wdym? reacted? I started asking her questions, and others, about insane/sane results to determine if she can be insane or I am. I don't find 2 spies to be odd in this game, so no, did not get the impression that she might be lying. but the fact that she mentioned "if you targeted me last night" after specifying that she targeted him does make me feel confused since after the inquiries from yesterday, if she targeted him she'd either get the real result (which would make us both sane) or she'd get a different result so that would make the "if you targeted me" not necessary, unless she thought she's naive because of her result so she just assumed.
There are no naive spies, only sane and paranoid ones. Though a naive spy who keeps getting back "no results" as pm would be a hilarious troll role, ngl.

ah so that's why you said "if"

well, you could have been blocked in case the kill didn't go through?
But why would Mafia use both a block and kill action on the same target? Isn't that overkill, even for a spy? They could have blocked Evil to stop one of the protection roles and increase their chances of killing Avi while also keeping Evil alive who today would be a lynch target of many players if he was on the list we got today. The only way this makes sense is if the Escort and the Janitor are not on the same team to which the two night results of a single death doesn't add up to.
Oh wait, there is a chance the real traitor/s got recruited with the kill action in either night 1 or 2 then we wouldn't see a 2nd death since it didn't happened!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Equaling Heaven Have you told us your N2 target? Because if so then I must have overread it but I think you haven't yet.
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
what bomb? who's bomb? you mean potato?
Back in the deadpad I went for leo, but since we were not sure if top posters were worth gettin the bomb I changed to saggitarius. Saggitarius would give some info without hurting town in. It tells the most targted surving person how many players went for him/her.
If I had picked Leo anyway evil would get bomb as secondary during the night and killed whoever targeted him.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
There are no naive spies, only sane and paranoid ones. Though a naive spy who keeps getting back "no results" as pm would be a hilarious troll role, ngl.



But why would Mafia use both a block and kill action on the same target? Isn't that overkill, even for a spy? They could have blocked Evil to stop one of the protection roles and increase their chances of killing Avi while also keeping Evil alive who today would be a lynch target of many players if he was on the list we got today. The only way this makes sense is if the Escort and the Janitor are not on the same team to which the two night results of a single death doesn't add up to.
Oh wait, there is a chance the real traitor/s got recruited with the kill action in either night 1 or 2 then we wouldn't see a 2nd death since it didn't happened!
you get what i mean, was referring to insane, i've written insane/paranoid in other comments.

oh come on james that's simple and you know it. Avieetar only revealed role, someone was bound to protect them, so in case kill failed they'd at least block them.

I would have said they targeted evil directly if not for my result that evil targeted avietar. Though if i think about it even if he targeted avietar they could have just as well killed him directly cuz he's a dangerous player as long as he's alive. So maybe he didn't die protecting, maybe he was the direct victim. and in that case Avietar was just blocked. Yup makes more sense that way.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Back in the deadpad I went for leo, but since we were not sure if top posters were worth gettin the bomb I changed to saggitarius. Saggitarius would give some info without hurting town in. It tells the most targted surving person how many players went for him/her.
If I had picked Leo anyway evil would get bomb as secondary during the night and killed whoever targeted him.
well since you didn't pick that, why are we even discussing it?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

plus i revised my theory, it is more likely that he was directly targeted (evil) for kill, and avietar just blocked
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
@Equaling Heaven Have you told us your N2 target? Because if so then I must have overread it but I think you haven't yet.
No I didn't because I had no target. My time in the deadpad was a mess because I'm havin internet problems (will be solved in a few hours) and was using the mobile to play the game. I'm not using it as an excuse but using mobile AND 4g is pretty shitty.
But let me get something right here. @Copy Panda @Farfalla we sent the votes for pisces replacement at the end with the sign pick. I went out after that and probably skipped my night action or wasn't I supposed to input anyway/only got back when day started?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

well since you didn't pick that, why are we even discussing it?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

plus i revised my theory, it is more likely that he was directly targeted (evil) for kill, and avietar just blocked
I was just trying to make sure if bomb worked the way I thought so and was answering old notifications that popped for me. But yeah water under the bridge.
 

James Rye

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
you get what i mean, was referring to insane, i've written insane/paranoid in other comments.

oh come on james that's simple and you know it. Avieetar only revealed role, someone was bound to protect them, so in case kill failed they'd at least block them.

I would have said they targeted evil directly if not for my result that evil targeted avietar. Though if i think about it even if he targeted avietar they could have just as well killed him directly cuz he's a dangerous player as long as he's alive. So maybe he didn't die protecting, maybe he was the direct victim. and in that case Avietar was just blocked. Yup makes more sense that way.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



well since you didn't pick that, why are we even discussing it?
But if Mafia decided to use both actions on Avi why not just block Avi till Kingdom come and use the kill on someone else like say the prostitute or someone they suspect being Det? That would be far more efficient of their actions.

Also why should Mafia target Evil directly after he received 4 votes on day 2 and Hardy died as confirmed Investigator putting Evil into the spotlight the next day? They could have easily used him as a prop to get another lynch on a townie if he hadn't died this night phase. Killing a potential sacrifice they can throw to towns as a Mafia suspect who worked so hard to get the Investigator killed doesn't make sense.

Yeah, why are we discussing a sign that hasn't been chosen? It doesn't make... UGH!
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,719
Gender
Female
Country
China
No I didn't because I had no target. My time in the deadpad was a mess because I'm havin internet problems (will be solved in a few hours) and was using the mobile to play the game. I'm not using it as an excuse but using mobile AND 4g is pretty shitty.
But let me get something right here. @Copy Panda @Farfalla we sent the votes for pisces replacement at the end with the sign pick. I went out after that and probably skipped my night action or wasn't I supposed to input anyway/only got back when day started?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



I was just trying to make sure if bomb worked the way I thought so and was answering old notifications that popped for me. But yeah water under the bridge.
Can you rephrase the question?
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I need to get back to that long post of yours, james. But you're right, if I just got back and they knew my role why am I still alive? Pity? Was I the one who got protected? Don't know. I might be wrong but I think I was on a cooldown and couldn't be targeted or input.
 

James Rye

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
plus i revised my theory, it is more likely that he was directly targeted (evil) for kill, and avietar just blocked
Okay, but why didn't they make use of their Janitor to kill a townie who hasn't claimed a role yet and use a Not-Janitor role to kill Evil when they could use him as a potential lynch target next day since Mafia couldn't know what sign would come up for this day phase? You think they got a Rookie?
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
No I didn't because I had no target. My time in the deadpad was a mess because I'm havin internet problems (will be solved in a few hours) and was using the mobile to play the game. I'm not using it as an excuse but using mobile AND 4g is pretty shitty.
But let me get something right here. @Copy Panda @Farfalla we sent the votes for pisces replacement at the end with the sign pick. I went out after that and probably skipped my night action or wasn't I supposed to input anyway/only got back when day started?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



I was just trying to make sure if bomb worked the way I thought so and was answering old notifications that popped for me. But yeah water under the bridge.
aaa ok ok, then yes I think that if he had bomb even if he was targeted directly or swapped places with original target cuz he protected them, the bomb would still explode. mby @Copy Panda or @Farfalla can confirm when they have time
 

James Rye

Registered User
่‹ฑ้›„ใƒกใƒณใƒใƒผ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I need to get back to that long post of yours, james. But you're right, if I just got back and they knew my role why am I still alive? Pity? Was I the one who got protected? Don't know. I might be wrong but I think I was on a cooldown and couldn't be targeted or input.
There ain't no roles that need cooldowns nor is there a "revived players receive extra protection from being killed twice" rule. So the Janitor letting you live when you could be used as a cover for the Escort doesn't make sense.

When I got swapped back into the game, was I allowed to act immediately or nah?
Does that mean you didn't send in a block action for night 2?
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
ไธŠ็ดšๅ“ก / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
There ain't no roles that need cooldowns nor is there a "revived players receive extra protection from being killed twice" rule. So the Janitor letting you live when you could be used as a cover for the Escort doesn't make sense.



Does that mean you didn't send in a block action for night 2?
Then yes I didn't. I thought I had to wait to input my block action again. What a shame I'm so dumb.
Wtf is this I could've died the moment I got back but mafia allowed me to live so you guys could grow suspiscious of my claim.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
But if Mafia decided to use both actions on Avi why not just block Avi till Kingdom come and use the kill on someone else like say the prostitute or someone they suspect being Det? That would be far more efficient of their actions.

Also why should Mafia target Evil directly after he received 4 votes on day 2 and Hardy died as confirmed Investigator putting Evil into the spotlight the next day? They could have easily used him as a prop to get another lynch on a townie if he hadn't died this night phase. Killing a potential sacrifice they can throw to towns as a Mafia suspect who worked so hard to get the Investigator killed doesn't make sense.

Yeah, why are we discussing a sign that hasn't been chosen? It doesn't make... UGH!
evil is an experienced player, I'm pretty sure that he'd have been able to be confirmed the next day should he have survived the night. Moth me and avietar spied on him. I got the true result of his action which makes it clear to me that I'm sane now that he's dead and revealed. So if he wouldn't have died we'd have asked him to reveal his target and I'd be able to confirm it or deny it. even if my sanity would not be clear at the time, it would still give him the benefit of the doubt. Plus with the 4 above listed he'd be in no danger today to dye or tonight. so we could further find ways to confirm him. And the fact that he's experienced I think he'd find ways to convince us, there are others that are more sus then he'd be, for example DD fucking up today is priceless, don't tell me you don't agree that mafias would be scared of Evil staying alive, you should know better, you're also a vet player.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Rephrase the question bitte
if Evil received the bomb last night from the sign, would the bomb explode if Evil died protecting avietar? or would it explode only if Evil was directly targeted?
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MHไธญๆฏ’ / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Then yes I didn't. I thought I had to wait to input my block action again. What a shame I'm so dumb.
Wtf is this I could've died the moment I got back but mafia allowed me to live so you guys could grow suspiscious of my claim.
And you didn't ask them during the night phase???
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
anyway, i think for now we should focus on the 4 candidates above.

Do we keep Avietar alive today on the off chance pandogame inserted 2 sane spies? Because my sanity is clear.
Do we lynch Brandish for refusing to reveal? (Even tho Brandish might actually have a very imp role like doc or det?)
Do we lynch Asako who said her role is "meh" thus not so important as the ones above?
Do we lynch Erin who... not sure if she refused to share her role? idk here xD who something something (fill free to fill in my brain gaps here)
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,719
Gender
Female
Country
China
if Evil received the bomb last night from the sign, would the bomb explode if Evil died protecting avietar? or would it explode only if Evil was directly targeted?
Seeing BG redirects onto itself, if the BG had a standard bomb-type power, he'd have exploded if he redirected a killing move onto himself
 

GrySun

Registered User
ๆœ‰ๅไบบ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
But why would Mafia use both a block and kill action on the same target?
I also don't get that part, unless there's 2 mafia teams that were acting in tandem.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Janitor could've recruited someone last night while blocking avietar, leaving the Evil kill to someone else.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top