Games Mafia Game 97 - Omoneko: Answer Arc - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,614
Gender
Female
Country
China
Last edited:

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,892
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
erm I doubt knowing the Scary Trinity Hosts, with a game this size. we probably will have 3 or maybe even 4 killing parties, i can see half of the players being scums, dont underestimate their madness :arf
also that illusions mechanics, will make the game longer, since most of the dead people will still be playing. :arf (imagine 1000 pages at the end of the game :lmao ) I'm afraid we signed up like for a month game !-_-;
:notlikethis
I think last umi game we had 3 mafia parties no? Can't remember if there was a third party involved. That was messy.

But yeah, don't doubt there are multiple killing parties around, otherwise this game will go on for eternity
(though I'm sure the hosts would be entertained by that, silly witches)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

(I love your signature btw @Nii - very cute 10/10)
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
hmm, jinx's comment to look back at her posts for role hint messages is quite odd, i checked and she's either hinting at prostitute or is not making sense bit odd, sth to keep in mind for myself rn.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Awesome avis as always. I underestimated the size of the game, too many players to keep track of but we gotta try.
@Asako please behave yourself and no "UUUU" posts :blush
Also @Equaling Heaven I'll just think of you as @z.5 for using that avi, please forgive me.


So my take on the game based on the mechanic is as follows:

- There are at least 4 killing parties, one of them is almost for sure a Shapeshifter that can hide in between the Illussion fest that is about to be held.
- 2 mafias (6 mafias each max) packed with roles like Assassin-Janitor-Detective-Pirate-Mafia Doctor and so on to keep control of town and stay alive, so we are going to be trolled more than once from Day 2 onwards.
- There's also a chance of Lone-Assassin for the 4th killing party. In case there are 3 mafias like in the original Umineko game then we gotta pray they target each other.
- A Santa might also be out there to make it funnier, even if their chances of winning are slim.
- Town might have some protection roles, but if the hosts intend for the game to be a sweep of players then I wouldn't hope for much. We cannot afford to vote on impulse and we have to make an argument for each of our decisions.
- Im not a fan of dead players killing another one by mistake, but well... for all future dead meats: Think it throughly and make it count.


@Copy Panda If an assassin kill occurs, will we be notified of it happening during the day even if the victim isn't showed? Or will it be completely unnoticed?
Also I take it that Illussions created by an actual Shapeshifter are the ones that count for their win condition, but would like to have it clarified.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
As it seems as it is customary to give hints on ones role, I would like to share my own research on it.

Please allow me to inform you, that I have an active role, on which I have little knowledge to none on how to use:hurr
I would also like to add, that overall I am more than harmless and I impose no threat to no one.
So please be gentle.

Thank you
I like the way you hint, I imagine you are holding a gun in your right arm in that gif :derp

Gotta focus on work for 4 hours (minimum amount for nobody to notice I'm not actually working xD).
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,614
Gender
Female
Country
China
@Copy Panda If an assassin kill occurs, will we be notified of it happening during the day even if the victim isn't showed? Or will it be completely unnoticed?
Also I take it that Illussions created by an actual Shapeshifter are the ones that count for their win condition, but would like to have it clarified.
you will be notified, and yes those would be separately counted illusions
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Also yes @Evil3ye the day is shorter than usual, better imo cause there's just no way everyone comes to an agreement with these many players.

As for my role, hinting and stuff I think I will just pass.

you will be notified, and yes those would be separately counted illusions
Thank you very much.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
Awesome avis as always. I underestimated the size of the game, too many players to keep track of but we gotta try.
@Asako please behave yourself and no "UUUU" posts :blush
Also @Equaling Heaven I'll just think of you as @z.5 for using that avi, please forgive me.


So my take on the game based on the mechanic is as follows:

- There are at least 4 killing parties, one of them is almost for sure a Shapeshifter that can hide in between the Illussion fest that is about to be held.
- 2 mafias (6 mafias each max) packed with roles like Assassin-Janitor-Detective-Pirate-Mafia Doctor and so on to keep control of town and stay alive, so we are going to be trolled more than once from Day 2 onwards.
- There's also a chance of Lone-Assassin for the 4th killing party. In case there are 3 mafias like in the original Umineko game then we gotta pray they target each other.
- A Santa might also be out there to make it funnier, even if their chances of winning are slim.
- Town might have some protection roles, but if the hosts intend for the game to be a sweep of players then I wouldn't hope for much. We cannot afford to vote on impulse and we have to make an argument for each of our decisions.
- Im not a fan of dead players killing another one by mistake, but well... for all future dead meats: Think it throughly and make it count.


@Copy Panda If an assassin kill occurs, will we be notified of it happening during the day even if the victim isn't showed? Or will it be completely unnoticed?
Also I take it that Illussions created by an actual Shapeshifter are the ones that count for their win condition, but would like to have it clarified.
12 Mafias seem too much to me. I don't think theyd put so many TP with that mechanic. I can see a Santa but not a real SS.
 

Mazino

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
3,192
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
puhhh this game will be tough. didnt even start the game and there is enough to read. but looking forward to play. always fun to participate.

my char kinda looks smug. dont know if i like him, but awesome avys :thumbs
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
I am thinking:
-Two teams of 5.
-Two teams of 4 with a Santa or SK maybe? 🤔
 

AwkwardMisha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
702
Country
Akatsuki
I like the way you hint, I imagine you are holding a gun in your right arm in that gif :derp

Sir, I beg your apologies, but may I humbly bring to your attention that you might have been mistaken?
These arms can and will carry only the sacred texts of the law, which we must abide by.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,560
Country
Dragonstone
puhhh this game will be tough. didnt even start the game and there is enough to read. but looking forward to play. always fun to participate.

my char kinda looks smug. dont know if i like him, but awesome avys :thumbs
Your avy!! Very suspicious!!
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Thanks for clarifying, Evil. If you realize this, are you allowed to bring it up openly? Though I guess claiming to be an illusion is a double-edged sword. Also do they still actively count as townie, or not? Like, let's say there are 4 townies but 3 are illusions. Would the mafia automatically win in that case?
Yeah, you can say that you didn't get feedback on your investigation or something. It can also be a hoe, hoe, hoe block though.

Mafia will need to scatter them first I think, as Illusions count as Third Parties. It is also not clear, whether the mech-Illusions count towards a Shapshifter victory or not. Or perhaps I missed the answer.

Also yes @Evil3ye the day is shorter than usual, better imo cause there's just no way everyone comes to an agreement with these many players.
That raises the follow-up questions, if Illusion players will get penalty voted by not voting or posting 3 times, i.e. be up for hostkilling. @Hosts, could you clarify?
 

Mazino

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
3,192
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
if i understood it the right way. you can get your role back when 3 victims vote for you, so it does make sense to say that you became an illusion, so you can get your role back cuz the victims know

Your avy!! Very suspicious!!
yeah i agree. one shady m*f*
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,614
Gender
Female
Country
China
That raises the follow-up questions, if Illusion players will get penalty voted by not voting or posting 3 times, i.e. be up for hostkilling. @Hosts, could you clarify?
whats the question specifically
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top