Games Mafia Game 97 - Omoneko: Answer Arc - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,581
Gender
Female
Country
China
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Hello.

I wasn't aware that voting was mandatory (my fault for not paying sufficient diligence to the rules I guess).

I'll place a random vote for now and update it later if I catch up/am able to form a solid read:

Vote Lynch: Vandred.
What‘s your role?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The more I think the more I see how the gimmick in protecting the same person isn't a bad idea at all.
This make me thing that both Farf and Gry are right. Thunder not striking the same place twice is a possibility yes because of how mafia could fuck town or the other teams by making everyone an illusion and leaving them thinkin they are still able to use their roles creating a scenario of consecutive failing and a growth on the suspection rate. But you can prevent this by protecting the same person more than once. I'm confused.
No need for you to overthink it unless you‘re claiming a protective role. This is something for the protectors to think on and ideally agree with me
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I want to ask the people with active roles what they did last night, but it still too early to share such information imho.
My intention is to somewhat try and narrow down things.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

No need for you to overthink it unless you‘re claiming a protective role. This is something for the protectors to think on and ideally agree with me
Someone have to overthink. I hate when the game feels quiet.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I still don't get it.

If you believed a real bomb was dying, why not say anything? My issue is your selfish way of thinking, you only ever mention yourself. I said you kept quiet hoping someone would die over you. How have you countered that argument? If you were legit not caring about dying you would had clearly acknowledged this so someone with a good role didn't die in your place.

Btw you joined a stressing game when you had no time, to then stress yourself?
no, I joined when i had time, this video editing shit was put in my lap 2 hours before EOB and with deadline next day. Sth that shouldn't have happened.
I asked why i was the last one, no one answered, i figured because i locked after the 3rd vote and accepted my fate if he was indeed bomb, i didn't sus him as bomb, someone mentioned, ofc i didn't want to die but then again I wasn't that important to want to fight it, got distracted with work, came back cuz i promised EH the updated hint list, then went back to work and forgot to take a break, as i usually do. Stopped working at 12am and came back just to start writing and catching up and seeing "day end" post. That's the timeline for last night's events. Make what you will of them, I'm done arguing my case.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
But mafia kills should ideally be used to pop illusions not strong roles like doctor. No way do the other 2-3 teams never kill the same person as another team thus wasting their kill and shattering an Illusion.
We won't have any evidence how many killers there are out there until we start finding the bodies. All of this 3 teams hypothesis based on that assumption. Who isn't to say there's a huge ass team and lot of townie killing roles. The only dead body we saw so far was a Bomb role. Hoping for Mafia to pop some illusions is not best play in my opinion, because we might as well just end up getting nowhere, as they would obviously know who not to targer anymore. That on top of the other obvious reason that our Docs might just be protecting mafias in the first place.

Also evil, you said ealry we gotta claim early with this mechanic but honestly, I don't get it ?


What's the difference between between previous game and now, honestly form how i see it, it's more beneficial to be vaque about your hint, the fact that mafia know who illusion but don't know their role makes it harder for them to claim as there more roles running around and more easily slip up and claim a role that someone else have, even an illusion, they couldn't know that they had it unless the have a janitor then thats a different talk


Anyways, I don't see why you pushing for people that already gave hints when it's day 2, it's like you collecting infos for who to kill and which role is good
I don't see what's good right now hinting more can grant us in day 2 when there role like det instead get them at more risk of dying before they reach number of days they need to be of use.
Because we will have a lot of players for a lot of time. Imagine day 4 with still 25 players (normal+illusions) and only 10 claimed, 15 sus with fishy ambigious hints. Where normally we would have maybe 17 players and 10 claims, 7 still being fishy and sus. You see the difference here?
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
This kinda sucks because only the killers get to know which players are technically already dead. Making it risky from now on for our active roles to target and kill people.

Ideally protector roles should keep protecting the same person(if they believe them to be town) since that way we know for sure of someone that is not an Illusion.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hm thread was unlocked so I assume it‘s open?
I'm not sure why that is risky? If they're illusions already, then it's not as though they have actions that count. Thread contribution would help yes but saying our active roles "kill" them is a weird way to put it 🤔

Protecting role could be an illusion themself. Sticking to protecting the same person too (at this stage) feels pointless. Regardless, I don't think much comes of fussing about this for now. If anything, I'd rather illusions shatter sooner than later..
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Because we will have a lot of players for a lot of time. Imagine day 4 with still 25 players (normal+illusions) and only 10 claimed, 15 sus with fishy ambigious hints. Where normally we would have maybe 17 players and 10 claims, 7 still being fishy and sus. You see the difference here?
That's the day we force claim no talk, but I don't see the use now in day 2 is my point
Yea go for those that yet to hint but not those that already hinted i guess
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
That's the day we force claim no talk, but I don't see the use now in day 2 is my point
Yea go for those that yet to hint but not those that already hinted i guess
What's your role?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'm not sure why that is risky? If they're illusions already, then it's not as though they have actions that count. Thread contribution would help yes but saying our active roles "kill" them is a weird way to put it 🤔

Protecting role could be an illusion themself. Sticking to protecting the same person too (at this stage) feels pointless. Regardless, I don't think much comes of fussing about this for now. If anything, I'd rather illusions shatter sooner than later..
I can‘t believe how none of you see the insane pro-town value in illusions tanking mafia kills or mafia actions. :notlikethis
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Holt‘s probably mafia anyway bleh
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
What consitues as a narrowing hint exactly? Outside of a claim nothing gets you to less than 10+ roles.
Ok, back. What I meant with that comment was that she said she never had the role + that it's passive. You might not count the options in your hand but it's still a smaller pool than most people, as one of the first people to say something. So idk, I initially kept her in the "benefit of doubt" group.
*reading back the rest*
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,648
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I have priority 2, if mafia kills me night 2 I will still report results on day 3.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I can‘t believe how none of you see the insane pro-town value in illusions tanking mafia kills or mafia actions. :notlikethis
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Holt‘s probably mafia anyway bleh
It would be insane value if anyone besides the mafia knew who illusions were. Unfortunately, the people most likely to know illusions are mafia, and like Farf mentioned, it is also unlikely they would invest time in double targeting to confirm kills. The other mafia could ofc, but again, that's pretty much a very luck-dependent scenario?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

The one good point for not popping illusions is the dead pad vote (which I forgot). Tanking wise- I feel that's being overly optimistic. Let's not even get into people potentially bs-ing results (implying they're already an illusion) as scum
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
I have priority 2, if mafia kills me night 2 I will still report results on day 3.
Think a mafia escort would make more sense for you in this regard. When we were yellow mafia we were trying to predict other mafias moves as well, but always ended up disappointed as hell, so really there's only one way to make sure and take it in own hands. If all the teams put their Escort on you, all other investigators have free hand, which is awesome!

Great play there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top