@grey matter
Inconsistency & contradictions or vague scaling allows for conversation that challenge Portryal, Over earlier context of the story….
I don’t think it’s wrong to compare Kidd to YC1. I have several reasons;
1) I believe Marco to be Strongest YC1 Pirate.
I don’t View Kidd as being stronger than Marco.
2) Kidd couldn’t, do what he did by himself neither could law. So I view it, 2 YC1 with great stamina can replicate the same..As Plot was used to fully defeat Big Mom.
I mean yeah, you can challenge portrayal. I've seen the arguments of feats > portrayal, because feats actually happened in the manga.
At times, I'm even included to agree here.
But, what happens when there are contradictory feats? The one I bought up for example - base Kaido one shotting beginning of Wano Luffy within a second once he got serious, vs failing to one shot characters that are weaker.
In these scenarios, I go with portrayal/intent.
Oda likely just wanted to show Kaido was so far ahead of Luffy, he went overboard. He later has Scabbards tanking many hits from Kaido, Law and half dead Zoro tanking thunder bagua from hybrid Kaido etc
Another example would be feats of Kaido vs feats of BM.
Yes, Kaido is stronger. He has portrayal and feats for that.
But, the feats make it seem like Kaido will mid-high diff BM, while the portrayal suggests more of a high-extreme diff win for Kaido. Which do you think is the more accurate representation here? I'd say portrayal, cause it makes more sense given all we knew about both until their the raid.
1. Sure. I say Kid and Marco are overall in same tier.
But then again, depends on what you see as "YC1". If you include Marco within it, then yeah Kid is also YC1.
But, I consider Kid stronger than King (the basis for YC1) by a decent margin.
2. Sure, they needed to work together.
Yes, plot was used to defeat BM...........like I've said many times before, I can understand if you think that Law + Kid would've eventually lost if BM didn't fall down, though I disagree with it.
BUT.......everything until that point was already an extreme diff! Law+ Kid made BM get serious in a way she hadn't for decades, made her eat up an year of her lifespan and buff herself up, gave her internal organ damage, broke her bones, got her to cough up blood and scream in pain etc.
Do you think, say King + Katakuri can replicate it? I doubt it. Maybe, if Katakuri is fast enough to distract BM and buy time for King to spam magma esque attacks. Still, them pushing BM as much as Law + Kid did is a big stretch IMO
I would say Kid is above Marco by a huge margin.
Between a Yonko and commanders there's an abyss... Kaido alone defeated Inuarashi, Nekomamushi, Ashura Douji, Denjiro, Izo...
And I think Law or Kid could also fight against multiple commanders.
Marco lost against 2 commanders, so that shows there's a big difference between them.
In terms of Power Levels:
- Kaido / Big Mom: 4.500
- Law / Kid: 3.000
- Marco: 1.500
- King / Queen: 1.200
Marco fought BM alone for almost as long as Kaido fought the scabbards, and came out of it unscathed. If the gap was as high as you claim, then Marco would've got stomped by the time BM was done with him.
Instead she claimed she couldn't afford wasting her energy on him.
There is no way Law or Kid is taking on two commanders at once either, at best they can hold on for some time and lose, like Marco did.
Kaido: 100
(current Luffy: 97)
BM: 96
Law/Kid/Marco: 70
King: 60
Queen: 45