King dryst surely would disagree.
Bam character development has been constantly one step forward, then two step backward in the next arc
I didn't really visit this sub very frequently, so I'm not aware of the overall views of certain members. I don't really think we've stepped backwards, because Baam does have a lot more resolve than he used to, but rather SIU being underwhelming on the delivery for how big of a leap he seems to set up.
He said he'd make Rachel pay back at the Hell Train, and he ended up "cutting ties" with her. That's progress, but the author made it seem as if he'd actually seek revenge for Khun. He set up something big, we got excited, and it was underwhelming.
He set up a "dark change" against White, and he did end up being a lot more decisive in that fight than he used to, but I guess we expected more viciousness coming from him, and that ended up being underwhelming because of that.
We're progressing, but it's being pretty slow compared to the amount of powers that get dumped into Baam. I've adjusted my expectations whenever something big seems to be set up for his character development, so as long as we don't move backwards, I'm fine with it. (I don't enjoy it, but I'm fine with it)