Games Mafia Game 116 - Ghiblification - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,926
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
🍃 Night Actions 🎥

Here are this game's night actions! Players are sorted by the order they die as usual.




This game was largely designed around trialling the new Serial Killer as well as trying out a new role, the Clown. Despite being solo parties, we thought it would be interesting to see if the comp itself rather than specific roles could aid and hamper these two parties. There was a faux mafia party in three death millers, as well as a freeman that the two non-towns could hide behind. We deemed this little core of semi-pro-towns necessary for the single SK to hide behind + create some competition for the Clown in terms of sus candidates. Police Officer is there to catch the criminal serial killer (only the workday of the cop ends around dinner while the serial killer prowls around at midnight 😔).

We thought the standard core of Doc, Det and Prost complemented by Cowboy would be sufficient for the town to win with, aside from their numerical superiority. Troublemaker is a double-edged sword involved for everybody. NVD and Bomb are passed along town and can completely debilitate any of the TP's; especially the Bomb could have coldly ended the careers of either one of them. The strongest asset Town had was their numbers; SK would have to survive 4~5 phases whereas Clown has to inversely fight impatience while getting lynched early. If not, the town has enough bodies to throw at the Clown timer.

Overall, maybe aside the PO, we thought the comp was relatively balanced; it was also pretty close. The Clown almost died D1 but then deflated around D5. DD was on the chopping block the whole game, and could have still died rather easily had the last vote been unplaced or just stacked on Faust. Very entertaining! Hope to see all of you guys next game again.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,808
Gender
Female
Country
China
🍃 End of Night 2 🍃



Marnie was there. But she's not there anymore. Because she's dead. Marnie is where? Not with us anymore.

This quote was brought to you by ✨ Marms Fantastic ✨ Ltd. chairwoman, Marms Decent. When asked for further comments, the chairwoman responded, "Heeee actually, I don't really know Marnie~ but I think she was here and now she's there~ Teehee~". When pressed on the matter, the chairwoman only had to say finally Marnie is free while Marmie still has to deal with an oppressive co-host who keeps putting words in her mouth. A further inquiry into this matter will follow at a later date.



Brandish
Doctor
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
RIP

I guess people need to start talking about their roles and actions.

As of now I think I trust Sam, Gry, Tatsu, Farf and Asa
Sus of Faust, DD and Holt

Can you share whom you find sus @SirSamuel016 @GrySun @Farfalla

Also, gotta go to work so may not be much active in the next 9-10 hours. But will be back.
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,095
Gender
Female
Country
France
I'm here this late because I haven't finished my assignment due in the morning I wanted to see the night results.

1. @Asako why ??
2. Hermit's death doesn't clear much. (DM and Sam lied ? MM entrusted with kill because he laid low on first day ?)
3. Would never have thought Bran was doc, I don't understand why mafia went for him since he wasn't very trusted.
4. DD and Faust, got something to share ?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
:bored I can't believe my luck, Jesus fuck...

Can you share whom you find sus @SirSamuel016 @GrySun @Farfalla
Mine is all wrong... I'm holding the potato since D2, someone passed it to me (I believe that someone that trusted me since usually the potato doesn't go off so early). I had multiple plans in mind, like avoiding DD confronting me as Clown to see if the mafia would consider it as a possibility and attempt to kill me at night, but I guess they might just let the Clown be to suicide later. With Sam's reveal, another plan was to give him the Potato to try to get his killer killed as well, since he's in danger. I couldn't grow the balls to risk that, considering we didn't know if an Assassin had hit, if they'd use an Escort on Sam and if the potato wouldn't explode on D3. The cherry on the cake is: I went with the alternative, someone I distrusted. Read back the posts around Hermit and Bran felt like the one that was more insistent on passing him as the Clown till towards the end, so I tried to pass the Potato to him and I goddamn lost my conflip... I could have killed his killer out of luck... But yeah, if I don't die at the end of the day, I plan on passing the Potato to someone we distrust...

I'm not sold on Holt, he acted a bit similar to Bran (but welp he died as townie), favoring Hermit and putting him as Clown. There's something a person I'll be paying attention to might slip during the day but I'll only tackle that later on. And I'll also save my comments about Bran's death after some people talk.

I really think we should mass reveal now that we have 2 doctors and a hoe down and a Spy in the open. I'm a vanilla townie as well.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Holt is prolly Bomb Defuser with that claim, and considering that I got a Potato. Wonder if that was designed to be in the hands of townies or the mafia.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I'm here this late because I haven't finished my assignment due in the morning I wanted to see the night results.

1. @Asako why ??
2. Hermit's death doesn't clear much. (DM and Sam lied ? MM entrusted with kill because he laid low on first day ?)
3. Would never have thought Bran was doc, I don't understand why mafia went for him since he wasn't very trusted.
4. DD and Faust, got something to share ?
What about Asako?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Considering we have a clown, should there be 3 or 4 mafia?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I never doubted Brandish for a moment
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Holt is prolly Bomb Defuser with that claim, and considering that I got a Potato. Wonder if that was designed to be in the hands of townies or the mafia.
If he was defuser he would have used it N1.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

:bored I can't believe my luck, Jesus fuck...



Mine is all wrong... I'm holding the potato since D2, someone passed it to me (I believe that someone that trusted me since usually the potato doesn't go off so early). I had multiple plans in mind, like avoiding DD confronting me as Clown to see if the mafia would consider it as a possibility and attempt to kill me at night, but I guess they might just let the Clown be to suicide later. With Sam's reveal, another plan was to give him the Potato to try to get his killer killed as well, since he's in danger. I couldn't grow the balls to risk that, considering we didn't know if an Assassin had hit, if they'd use an Escort on Sam and if the potato wouldn't explode on D3. The cherry on the cake is: I went with the alternative, someone I distrusted. Read back the posts around Hermit and Bran felt like the one that was more insistent on passing him as the Clown till towards the end, so I tried to pass the Potato to him and I goddamn lost my conflip... I could have killed his killer out of luck... But yeah, if I don't die at the end of the day, I plan on passing the Potato to someone we distrust...

I'm not sold on Holt, he acted a bit similar to Bran (but welp he died as townie), favoring Hermit and putting him as Clown. There's something a person I'll be paying attention to might slip during the day but I'll only tackle that later on. And I'll also save my comments about Bran's death after some people talk.

I really think we should mass reveal now that we have 2 doctors and a hoe down and a Spy in the open. I'm a vanilla townie as well.
So in summary, you did not start with Potato, you were the first recipient, failed to pass it and still hold it?
Do you remember historically when it exploded per game size? If D3 or D4 are more common.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
@Farfalla
I don’t know much about the hot potato role. Do you basically need holt to defuse the potato? Considering you think he’s the diffuser?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I do not like the vanilla claim though
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
If he was defuser he would have used it N1.
Ah, yeah, that got changed indeed. Well seems like a townie claim then.

So in summary, you did not start with Potato, you were the first recipient, failed to pass it and still hold it?
Do you remember historically when it exploded per game size? If D3 or D4 are more common.
Yes, I acquired it in N1 and failed to pass it now, so it's still with me. Looked back during the night phase and in a previous game Pandu and I discussed setting it to D5, but it was a bigger game. Chances are it explodes today. I don't recall references from other games.

I take it that you're against mass revealing?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Farfalla
I don’t know much about the hot potato role. Do you basically need holt to defuse the potato? Considering you think he’s the diffuser?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I do not like the vanilla claim though
If there was a defuser they'd have to act at night but the bomb explodes during the day. Not sure if I'd rather have it difused tho.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I do not like the vanilla claim though
Yeah you've been sharing that tale since D1.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

She casually passed me the NVD.
I take it you're against revealing as well?
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Yeah you've been sharing that tale since D1.
Last vanilla claim was a mafia though. I only like Asa among the vanilla claims. And me because I know what I am.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Last vanilla claim was a mafia though. I only like Asa among the vanilla claims. And me because I know what I am.
Well, that's a change of heart.

But kinda pointless to dislike my claim. If I'm mafia I wouldn't attempt to pass it to Bran and wouldn't retain it under a false pretense because of the risk. Could have lied and have received it now but the author would just call me out on it and I wouldn't accept to hold it from a teammate. If I was the clown, then it's wtv, you just wait for me to die. But i mean, you do you.

Leaving 2 points here to see how people feel about them cause soon I'll sleep and tomorrow it's gonna be a tough work day:

Wanna hint anything regarding your role and night action?
not rly but why you think i gotta night role?
Didn't say I think you had a night role...
Didn't pay a lot of attention to that at that time but now I think it's worth addressing

The second point is that we have 2 Docs. And sure there are bastard sanities but Faust looks a bit farfetched with it. Curious about what will be DD's comments.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I take it that you're against mass revealing?
You take it correctly, I don‘t think role claims change much my thoughts on people unless it leads to some confirmable interactions.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Can you share whom you find sus @SirSamuel016 @GrySun @Farfalla
I mean, not too much has changed with the Hermit lynch, that man plays in mysterious ways. Couldn‘t connect many people to him.

So I still think DD and Tatsu are scum of some sort, either together or mafia + clown. I briefly entertain the possibility they are both town but haven‘t seen anything yet to make me believe so.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
You take it correctly, I don‘t think role claims change much my thoughts on people unless it leads to some confirmable interactions.
It changes our thoughts on you and on the rest tho, but if you think the rest won't make use of that then alas.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Asako looks better since Hermit was very in favor of her lynch(as was DD at first).

Only later he randomly preferred wojak for a vote. Either to mislead us or to give teammate wojak credibility since he was he was getting lynched.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It changes our thoughts on you and on the rest tho, but if you think the rest won't make use of that then alas.
Which claim would improve or worsen your thoughts on me? Vanilla baiting with active claim? 3rd Doctor? Hider?

I‘m still alive so, so I‘ll think I should continue the course of action I‘ve been taking since the start and see how it goes.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Asako looks better since Hermit was very in favor of her lynch(as was DD at first).

Only later he randomly preferred wojak for a vote. Either to mislead us or to give teammate wojak credibility since he was he was getting lynched.
Thoughts on Farfalla and Faust?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,666
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
For the record my thoughts on you would‘ve been the same if you are vanilla or any other passive or active role, so I‘m looking at it in a reciprocal way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top