Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitakaze

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2024
Messages
83
Reaction score
11
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
Next batch is probably Yozafam & Hakutaku. KB is by no means performing great but if it ever is actually getting axed it'd be after that.
DO YOU THINK NEW DECTECTIVE SERIES NEXT WEEK WILL SURVIVER? I THINK IT LOOK NOT PROMISING AND WILL SOON GETTING AXE.
 

Nuesmoker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
3,360
Age
27
Country
Italy
DO YOU THINK NEW DECTECTIVE SERIES NEXT WEEK WILL SURVIVER? I THINK IT LOOK NOT PROMISING AND WILL SOON GETTING AXE.
Ok so you are clearly a troll
 

pennycryman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
3,401
Age
26
Country
United States
Last 8 TOC averages of every currently running series
1. One Piece - (2.88)
2. Ichi the Witch - (4.33) +2↑
3. Sakamoto Days - (4.75) -1↓
4. Akane-banashi - (5.50) -1↓
5. Blue Box - (5.50)
6. The Elusive Samurai - (7.50) +1↑
7. Kagurabachi - (8.63) -1↓

8. Shinobi Undercover - (10.00)
9. Me and Roboco - (10.88) +1↑
10. Hima-Ten! - (11.25) -1↓
11. Undead Unluck - (12.25) +3↑

12. Mission: Yozakura Family - (13.00) -1↓
13. Astro Royale - (13.75) -1↓
14. Witch Watch - (14.00) -1↓
15. Hakutaku - (15.00)

16. Hunter x Hunter - (15.00)
17. Super Psychic Policeman Chojo - (15.50)
18. Nue's Exorcist - (17.25)
19. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi - (17.38)

20. Kill Blue - (18.88)
21. Yokai Buster Murakami - (21.13)
 

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,465
Reaction score
3,840
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
DO YOU THINK NEW DECTECTIVE SERIES NEXT WEEK WILL SURVIVER? I THINK IT LOOK NOT PROMISING AND WILL SOON GETTING AXE.
Hell yeah, brother. Insane bias on my part but detective stuff is a favourite so I'm hoping they pull through.
Character designs already are super appealing. It just needs to actually be good, which knowing Bokuben I have some faith.
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #50 (2024) Color Page: Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #50 (2024) Color Page: Super Psychic Policeman Chojo
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #50 (2024) Color Page: Kill Blue
Only seeing this now, but you know it's a bad week when Kill Blue has the best CP
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,023
Reaction score
2,447
Age
34
Country
Avatar
I’m back. And I want to say thank you for the large amount of support from my post 2 days ago, and I appreciate it. I apologize on the way I was, but it was coming from a place of fear and I really don’t know what is going to happen now with the result and how everyone is going to be on the forum going forward. So having said that, I will switch it to something positive and hope that you would like to hear my thoughts on the ToC and Tsutsui’s return. Also note that, my reviews will be shorter than in depth going forward and I won’t be on as much for the sake of my mental health. But I’m glad to be back until then.

Okay, so I am glad that Saito made it easier on us for cancelling Murakami. I will be forever grateful that he didn’t make it as hard on all of us with a larger batch. Despite some series declining they are really not that bad. But when seeing Tsutsui’s return after We Never Learn, I’m excited actually. Sure we might have harem hijinks, but at the same time, the concept is intriguing. I do like a good mystery, when it is done right. But I don’t want the romance to be a distraction that will take away from the actual case. Otherwise we might have an i tell c situation. I will only tell from the first chapter if it will succeed. But I just hope that some of the character charm is there just like We Never Learn.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Has there been any successful regular detective series in Jump?

There's been a scattering of long running supernatural detective ones, but I can't think of a successful normal one off hand.
 

TheRealTravisty

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2020
Messages
731
Reaction score
1,324
Age
39
Country
Canada
I tell c will always be successful in my heart for how stupid it was. I mean it, it was hilariously insane and I enjoyed every moment.
 

Ravellino

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2016
Messages
1,050
Reaction score
584
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Has there been any successful regular detective series in Jump?

There's been a scattering of long running supernatural detective ones, but I can't think of a successful normal one off hand.
Without any supernatural elements, I can't remember any that were successful in the jump,maybe on 70 or 80 they have something
I tell c will always be successful in my heart for how stupid it was. I mean it, it was hilariously insane and I enjoyed every moment.
Tell C could have worked if the first cases hadn't been so stupid
 

BelTL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
1,469
Country
Gotei 13
Has there been any successful regular detective series in Jump?

There's been a scattering of long running supernatural detective ones, but I can't think of a successful normal one off hand.
does death note count
edit: ah, no supernatural...
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,463
Reaction score
39,371
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This is actually the closest to a family dynasty in WSJ I think, (Shinuki or someone more knowledgeable feel free to correct) unless we stretch and consider manga power couples who were big in WSJ and other manga magazines like Togashi and Naoko Takeuchi. Assuming this is true, it's kinda wild given the magazine's long history we've never had mangaka related to each other, like surely a parent-child pair (or any other relation) would've popped up somewhere.
Kenji Sakaki (Enigma) married Kyosuke Usuta (Jaguar) in September of 2010, right after Enigma started and the funny thing is that Jaguar finished its decade long serialization just 2 issues before Enigma started, so Jump was very close to have a married couple serializing 2 series at the same time, the only negative thing is that there were a few malicious people acting like Sakaki got pimped by Jump because of Usuta, which is dumb since she was already a assistant working with Amano on Reborn and clearly talented.
 

iker_03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2023
Messages
1,705
Reaction score
11,146
Age
22
Country
Spain
Weekly Oricon Ranking
1. ONE PIECE (635,672)
4. Blue Box (84,421)
7. Jujutsu Kaisen (61,699)
8. SAKAMOTO DAYS (55,964)

1. ONE PIECE #110 (617,218)
4. SAKAMOTO DAYS #19 (45,267)
15. Akane-banashi #14 (19,528)
19. WITCH WATCH #19 (15,622)
 

pennycryman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
3,401
Age
26
Country
United States
Weekly Oricon Ranking
1. ONE PIECE (635,672)
4. Blue Box (84,421)
7. Jujutsu Kaisen (61,699)
8. SAKAMOTO DAYS (55,964)

1. ONE PIECE #110 (617,218)
4. SAKAMOTO DAYS #19 (45,267)
15. Akane-banashi #14 (19,528)
19. WITCH WATCH #19 (15,622)
Wait, how does Sakamoto have a higher 3-day week 1 one than Blue Box last month + Dandadan with the anime boost lol. It might actually be growing again.
Sakamoto Days 18 - (35,359) - 3 days
Sakamoto Days 19 - (45,267) - 3 days

Other than that, w/e results from Akane and Witch Watch.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Weekly Oricon Ranking
1. ONE PIECE (635,672)
4. Blue Box (84,421)
7. Jujutsu Kaisen (61,699)
8. SAKAMOTO DAYS (55,964)

1. ONE PIECE #110 (617,218)
4. SAKAMOTO DAYS #19 (45,267)
15. Akane-banashi #14 (19,528)
19. WITCH WATCH #19 (15,622)
Blue Box struggling in the face of Dan da Dan (multiple volumes top 50)

Blue Box volumes must be in the 50-100 range though.

Each anime is visually appealing though there's barely any word of mouth for Blue Box while Dan da Dan is getting heavy word of mouth.
 

Dongus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2023
Messages
1,491
Reaction score
4,808
Age
29
Country
Malaysia
Blue Box struggling in the face of Dan da Dan (multiple volumes top 50)

Blue Box volumes must be in the 50-100 range though.

Each anime is visually appealing though there's barely any word of mouth for Blue Box while Dan da Dan is getting heavy word of mouth.
Romance anime rarely hit the mainstream in the same way an action series does. Dan Da Dan is also at least 30% more animated than Blue Box so it just really has an advantage over it. Helps that Dan Da Dan has some Chainsawman energy flowing through it, and we know what the worst mainstream fanbase is.
 

kitakaze

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2024
Messages
83
Reaction score
11
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
What Shonen Jump needs to create a new BIG FOUR (Aside One Piece)?
 

pennycryman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
3,401
Age
26
Country
United States
Blue Box struggling in the face of Dan da Dan (multiple volumes top 50)

Blue Box volumes must be in the 50-100 range though.

Each anime is visually appealing though there's barely any word of mouth for Blue Box while Dan da Dan is getting heavy word of mouth.
I agree if we're talking about backlog, but vol 17 is well under Sakamoto, which probably means its boost over 2 volumes will be less/equal too than Blue Box's boost over 1, unless Sakamoto is just doing really well this volume.

So it looks like Dandadan is doing really well backlog wise, but it's not translating amazingly to current volume sales (it's still doing good, but I expected more from this volume, the 3-day week 1 this volume was only slightly better).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What Shonen Jump needs to create a new BIG FOUR (Aside One Piece)?
Sakamoto Days, Blue Box, and Kagurabachi are the obvious first options. Akane and EluSam would be next in line, but those aren't flagship material. Tbf, in order for 2024 to not be an utter wash in new series, Ichi will have to do really well anyways, but no guarantees.
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,084
Reaction score
1,980
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
1. ONE PIECE #110 (617,218)
damn one piece is declining as hell
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

how many days there was for sales this week? Volume 109 did 800k + and this one didnt manage to surpass 620k
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,463
Reaction score
39,371
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I’m back. And I want to say thank you for the large amount of support from my post 2 days ago, and I appreciate it. I apologize on the way I was, but it was coming from a place of fear and I really don’t know what is going to happen now with the result and how everyone is going to be on the forum going forward. So having said that, I will switch it to something positive and hope that you would like to hear my thoughts on the ToC and Tsutsui’s return. Also note that, my reviews will be shorter than in depth going forward and I won’t be on as much for the sake of my mental health. But I’m glad to be back until then.
lol i knew you would be back in like a day or something @JBC008 :teehee

Well, i guess, "Welcome back", is good to have you here :super
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top