Discussion Best 7 Man lineup of Japan Team (Assuming Everyone is healthy)

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,524
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
Set aside Injuries. Assume Everyone is healthy. As of now. What is your strongest 7 Man Lineup of Japan.

(Note: You still need to follow 4 Hsers + 3 Msers Rule)

MY LIST: (Intra Tourney Versions Full Health)

S1: Byodoin
S2: Tokugawa
S3: Ryoma
D2: Tanegashima/Akaya
D1: Duke/Niou (With Illusions)
Reserve: Oni

Hot Take: Japan D1 and D2 in the semis could be their two strongest doubles pairs they can assemble

Honorable Mentions

Hsers: Irie, Ochi

Msers: Atobe, Yukimura, Fuji, Sanada, Kintaro
 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I think that's a good list. Duke/Niou with Illusions even have access to a Howling. Kinda cheating since Niou cannot do Illusions nowadays, though.

I'd probably replace Akaya with Kin since the latter is now a doubles specialist. Because of that, he might more likely achieve howling with Tanegashima, and he can provide the same "all attack" mentality Kirihara has.

Oni may be able to beat Tokugawa, tbh.

If we remove Nioh's Illusions I think I'd go with:

S1: Byoudouin
S2: Oni
S3: Ryoma
D1: Tokugawa/Yukimura
D2: Tanegashima/Kintarou

Unless we use current Atobe instead of Selection Tournament Atobe. Then he needs to play... somewhere.

Ironically 4 of those players played in semis, kinda showing how strong that team was.
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,524
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
I think that's a good list. Duke/Niou with Illusions even have access to a Howling. Kinda cheating since Niou cannot do Illusions nowadays, though.

I'd probably replace Akaya with Kin since the latter is now a doubles specialist. Because of that, he might more likely achieve howling with Tanegashima, and he can provide the same "all attack" mentality Kirihara has.

Oni may be able to beat Tokugawa, tbh.

If we remove Nioh's Illusions I think I'd go with:

S1: Byoudouin
S2: Oni
S3: Ryoma
D1: Tokugawa/Yukimura
D2: Tanegashima/Kintarou

Unless we use current Atobe instead of Selection Tournament Atobe. Then he needs to play... somewhere.

Ironically 4 of those players played in semis, kinda showing how strong that team was.
Yeah. I mean after Finals. It is obvious that Atobe, Tokugawa, and Ryoma will have strong and massive power boost.

If we use Finals Version (With some speculation of powerups for the Japans Singles players in Finals)

Then, it will be

SINGLES

Byodoin (beats Volk)

Tokugawa (will be scaled to Medanore)

Ryoma (will be scaled to Ryoga)

------
It is the doubles where is tricky.
Ryoma is a very weak doubles player. So he only plays singles. Byodoin and Oni are weaker in doubles (than in Singles)too since they lost to Ochi/Mouri.

So, if you want Oni to play. Then Tokugawa could shift to doubles with Yukimura since they have howling.

And then Maybe Atobe/Tanegashima will be a good pair.

Atobe's Insight +, Tanegashima's Invisibility. Might be an howling too
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ironically 4 of those players played in semis, kinda showing how strong that team was.
Yeah. And they still almost lost to Germany. Lmao.

Hot take : Germany Could have 3-0 Japan if Doubles Pro played Seriously the whole D2 match. Lmao.

But yeah. That Semis Team by Japan I believe was carefully selected by Japanese Coaches. And it worked on upsetting Germany
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I think that's a good list. Duke/Niou with Illusions even have access to a Howling. Kinda cheating since Niou cannot do Illusions nowadays, though.

I'd probably replace Akaya with Kin since the latter is now a doubles specialist. Because of that, he might more likely achieve howling with Tanegashima, and he can provide the same "all attack" mentality Kirihara has.

Oni may be able to beat Tokugawa, tbh.

If we remove Nioh's Illusions I think I'd go with:

S1: Byoudouin
S2: Oni
S3: Ryoma
D1: Tokugawa/Yukimura
D2: Tanegashima/Kintarou

Unless we use current Atobe instead of Selection Tournament Atobe. Then he needs to play... somewhere.

Ironically 4 of those players played in semis, kinda showing how strong that team was.
What if we give a plot twist.

No 3 Msers Rule.

You can have as many as Hsers or Msers in the 7 Man lineup.

Will your lineup change?

Will there be a Mser who will crack your lineup?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I think that's a good list. Duke/Niou with Illusions even have access to a Howling. Kinda cheating since Niou cannot do Illusions nowadays, though.
Not gonna lie. That is very stupid imo for Niou. Illusions is his bread and butter.

With his Illusion, He might be the greatest asset in doubles

Without his illusion. I think he is even weaker than Tachibana and Chitose.

Without illusion. He will be back to Kanto Finals Version where he is even weaker than Yagyuu. Lmao
 
Last edited:

erosares286

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2020
Messages
92
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Country
Philippines
Byodoin
Tokugawa
Ryoma
Oni/Kintarou
Tanegashima/Yukimura
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah. I mean after Finals. It is obvious that Atobe, Tokugawa, and Ryoma will have strong and massive power boost.

If we use Finals Version (With some speculation of powerups for the Japans Singles players in Finals)

Then, it will be

SINGLES

Byodoin (beats Volk)

Tokugawa (will be scaled to Medanore)

Ryoma (will be scaled to Ryoga)

------
It is the doubles where is tricky.
Ryoma is a very weak doubles player. So he only plays singles. Byodoin and Oni are weaker in doubles (than in Singles)too since they lost to Ochi/Mouri.

So, if you want Oni to play. Then Tokugawa could shift to doubles with Yukimura since they have howling.

And then Maybe Atobe/Tanegashima will be a good pair.

Atobe's Insight +, Tanegashima's Invisibility. Might be an howling too
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Yeah. And they still almost lost to Germany. Lmao.

Hot take : Germany Could have 3-0 Japan if Doubles Pro played Seriously the whole D2 match. Lmao.

But yeah. That Semis Team by Japan I believe was carefully selected by Japanese Coaches. And it worked on upsetting Germany
--- Double Post Merged, ---



What if we give a plot twist.

No 3 Msers Rule.

You can have as many as Hsers or Msers in the 7 Man lineup.

Will your lineup change?

Will there be a Mser who will crack your lineup?
--- Double Post Merged, ---



Not gonna lie. That is very stupid imo for Niou. Illusions is his bread and butter.

With his Illusion, He might be the greatest asset in doubles

Without his illusion. I think he is even weaker than Tachibana and Chitose.

Without illusion. He will be back to Kanto Finals Version where he is even weaker than Yagyuu. Lmao
If theres no 3 Mser Rule
S1. Tokugawa (Assuming he will surpass Byo after the finals)
S2. Byodouin
S3. Ryoma
D1. Oni/Tanegashima
D2. Ochi/Duke
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,524
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
Now, Atobe should be in this lineup somewhere lmao
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,524
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
If we assume Romeo on Tanegashima level due to Bismarck, Atobe now jump to that tier as well.
I mean yeah

Atobe literally beat rank 4 country Spain's Original #2.

Unless Other Spain Hsers prove us otherwise.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I think that's a good list. Duke/Niou with Illusions even have access to a Howling. Kinda cheating since Niou cannot do Illusions nowadays, though.

I'd probably replace Akaya with Kin since the latter is now a doubles specialist. Because of that, he might more likely achieve howling with Tanegashima, and he can provide the same "all attack" mentality Kirihara has.

Oni may be able to beat Tokugawa, tbh.

If we remove Nioh's Illusions I think I'd go with:

S1: Byoudouin
S2: Oni
S3: Ryoma
D1: Tokugawa/Yukimura
D2: Tanegashima/Kintarou

Unless we use current Atobe instead of Selection Tournament Atobe. Then he needs to play... somewhere.

Ironically 4 of those players played in semis, kinda showing how strong that team was.
Ok now that S3 is over. We can use Current Atobe with access to his Future Self.

In that case, I will go with

S1: Byodoin
S2: Oni
S3: Ryoma
D2: Tokugawa/Yukimura
D1: Tanegashima/Atobe

(Note: If Niou Illusion is still a thing. Then Duke/Niou can be in D1)

Ryoma is significantly weaker in doubles. So he can only play Singles.
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,524
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
If we assume Romeo on Tanegashima level due to Bismarck, Atobe now jump to that tier as well.
We need to update this

JAPAN STRONGEST LINEUP (Everyone Healthy)

(4 Hser + 3 Mser Rule)

S1: Byodouin
S2: Tokugawa
S3: Ryoma
D2: Tanegashima/Atobe
D1: Oni/Kintarou

Reserve Singles: Yukimura and Fuji

Reserve Doubles:

Duke/Niou (With Illusions)
 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
We need to update this

JAPAN STRONGEST LINEUP (Everyone Healthy)

(4 Hser + 3 Mser Rule)

S1: Byodouin
S2: Tokugawa
S3: Ryoma
D2: Tanegashima/Atobe
D1: Oni/Kintarou

Reserve Singles: Yukimura and Fuji

Reserve Doubles:

Duke/Niou (With Illusions)
I'd probably switch Tokugawa and Oni. It's true that Oni has a ton of chemistry with Kin but Black Hole is a great move to complement pretty much anyone with good attack options (and Oni is seemingly not great at doubles).

Tanegashima/Kintarou for the defense/attack Howling could be cool BUT then you got Atobe/Tokugawa both on a time limiter in the other pair which is less than ideal.

Irie might be better for Atobe than Tanegashima too, since it's implied they could get Howling with their Insights. Also, Ochi may earn a spot in his next match.
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,524
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
I'd probably switch Tokugawa and Oni. It's true that Oni has a ton of chemistry with Kin but Black Hole is a great move to complement pretty much anyone with good attack options (and Oni is seemingly not great at doubles).

Tanegashima/Kintarou for the defense/attack Howling could be cool BUT then you got Atobe/Tokugawa both on a time limiter in the other pair which is less than ideal.

Irie might be better for Atobe than Tanegashima too, since it's implied they could get Howling with their Insights. Also, Ochi may earn a spot in his next match.
First Lineup

S1: Byo (Bad in Doubles)
S2: Ryoma (Bad in Doubles)
S3: Fuji
D2: Tokugawa/Yukimura
D1: Duke/Niou (Illusions)

Reserve: Shiraishi

Second Lineup

S1: Oni
S2: Akutsu
S3: Sanada
D2: Tanegashima/Kintarou
D1: Irie/Atobe

Reserved: Akaya


Balanced????
 

Adamska

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 25, 2018
Messages
366
Reaction score
92
Country
Iran
Boss
Ryoma
Tokugawa
Oni/Kintaro
Ochi/Mouri
...
Monster/King
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,524
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
UPDATE:

JAPAN STRONGEST LINEUP (4 Hsers + 3 Msers)

S1. Byoudouin
S2: Tokugawa
S3: Ryoma
D2: Oni/Kintarou
D1: Tanegashima/Atobe
Reserves: Irie and Duke
 

André Vinícius

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2019
Messages
70
Reaction score
32
Age
25
Country
Brazil
Niou existence changes the whole dynamic, I will make a lineup with Illusion Niou and without.

First: I will say that for this (strongest in my opinion) lineup to work I will use a headcanon based on what a teammate of Niou said.

Second: I will take Ryoma out because he's ridiculous to gauge since he's as good as he needs to be in the moment (more than everyone else) either for good or bad and he likes to defeat his oponents on theirs strong suit.

JAPAN STRONGEST LINEUP (4HS + 3MS)

S1: Byodoin
S2: Tokugawa
S3: Oni
D2: Yukimura/Niou(Tokugawa Illusion howling)
D1: Tanegashima/Kintaro

When Niou played vs Duke , Sanada told him to turn into one of the Hsers and used Tokugawa as an example. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to turn into Tokugawa so I think this is for the best since we can burn 3 Msers in doubles and let an all Hsers singles. If Niou(Tokugawa) can use black hole doesn't really matter, howling is more important here since the future sight would boost Yukimura enough for them to win.

On D1 it's the same logic of Tanegashima/akaya. Kintaro can provide the same and even better than Akaya.

Now if we take out Niou(Illusion) I think it gets like this:

JAPAN SECOND STRONGEST LINEUP (4HS + 3MS)

S1: Byodoin
S2: Oni
S3: Atobe
D2: Yukimura/Tokugawa
D1: Tanegashima/Kintaro

I will die on the hill that Yukimura/Tokugawa is basically a must have double on the strongest lineup, either with Niou(Illusion) or the real Tokugawa
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,524
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
Niou existence changes the whole dynamic, I will make a lineup with Illusion Niou and without.

First: I will say that for this (strongest in my opinion) lineup to work I will use a headcanon based on what a teammate of Niou said.

Second: I will take Ryoma out because he's ridiculous to gauge since he's as good as he needs to be in the moment (more than everyone else) either for good or bad and he likes to defeat his oponents on theirs strong suit.

JAPAN STRONGEST LINEUP (4HS + 3MS)

S1: Byodoin
S2: Tokugawa
S3: Oni
D2: Yukimura/Niou(Tokugawa Illusion howling)
D1: Tanegashima/Kintaro

When Niou played vs Duke , Sanada told him to turn into one of the Hsers and used Tokugawa as an example. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to turn into Tokugawa so I think this is for the best since we can burn 3 Msers in doubles and let an all Hsers singles. If Niou(Tokugawa) can use black hole doesn't really matter, howling is more important here since the future sight would boost Yukimura enough for them to win.

On D1 it's the same logic of Tanegashima/akaya. Kintaro can provide the same and even better than Akaya.

Now if we take out Niou(Illusion) I think it gets like this:

JAPAN SECOND STRONGEST LINEUP (4HS + 3MS)

S1: Byodoin
S2: Oni
S3: Atobe
D2: Yukimura/Tokugawa
D1: Tanegashima/Kintaro

I will die on the hill that Yukimura/Tokugawa is basically a must have double on the strongest lineup, either with Niou(Illusion) or the real Tokugawa
I like how Tanegashima and Tokugawa are arguably top 2-3 singles players in Genius 5.
But we putting them in doubles. Because they are great at it too.

I wonder what Tanegashima/Tokugawa doubles can do.

But I think it will be super defensive based doubles pair.

So, Japan Coaches always want to partner Tane with offensive players. To compliment's Tanegashima's defense.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
I'll try at it. But instead of Tanegashima+aggressive player I want to see this more lol. I think both of these pair might be able to do howling.

S1: Byoudouin
S2: Tokugawa
S3: Ryoma
D1: Tanegashima/Yukimura
D2: Oni/Kintarou
 

mathematicianrcg

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
2,524
Reaction score
484
Age
28
Country
Philippines
I'll try at it. But instead of Tanegashima+aggressive player I want to see this more lol. I think both of these pair might be able to do howling.

S1: Byoudouin
S2: Tokugawa
S3: Ryoma
D1: Tanegashima/Yukimura
D2: Oni/Kintarou
I think Oni/Kin for sure. Konomi's scratch paper actually revealed he considered pairing ONI and Kintarou in doubles vs Germany.

I am not sure about Tanegashima Yukimura. If what howling they can achieve.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Tanegashima/Yukimura is pretty much the ultimate defense team that JP can get. I'm just curious to see how they would play out.
 

Adamska

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 25, 2018
Messages
366
Reaction score
92
Country
Iran
S1: Boss
S2: Ryoma
S3: Tokugawa
D2: Oni/Kintaro
D1: Ochi/Mouri
Choosing the lineup is crucial!
This is the best that Japan can offer!
Duke/Niou can't beat Oni/Kin.
I don't see any alternatives.
Kin practically is among G5 and combination with Oni they became Ultimate Double!
Duke/Niou and Atobe/Tane are close but the potential of most improving during the match is belong to Oni/Kintaro!
 
Top