Games Mafia Game 135 - Omo From Down-Under - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,586
Gender
Female
Country
China
Well, mate, it's been a fun one. It was pretty tough to design and run the game solo between deadlines. I mean, I'm used to hosting in busy periods, but to really have to get work done and go from appointment to appointment, it's rough. Nonetheless, I had a lot of fun reading this game.

Mafia played a strong game. They even did some 5D mindfuck plays totally intentionally. Town I don't think had the wrong attitude, but did have trouble getting their ducks in a row. I'll share some post-game thoughts later, taking my own outback rat (my cute Copana) to the vet for the first time in a bit.

Thank you all for playing familia, congrats to the winners, hope everyone had fun in outback landia ❤

.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
My take is that in such a game early hinting is worse than not, at least taking it from the Conan game me and Panda hosted. Mafia don't struggle at all with claims as good claims are pre-provided for them(to some extent*), so all we're doing is narrowing down what good roles to kill for mafia are. So I shake my head at all the claims so far.
Hm and you didn't feel like sharing those thoughts before being poke directly?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Nah, I'd rather just wince in private
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I will throw in a hint if you want it Farf, the damage is already decently done with how many did it.
Nah, dw. I didn't play the Conan game so I lack the reference and experience there, but if others will take the same stance then maybe there's no point in pulling that out from you. Imo it's we either try to do it massively or we leave it as it is.

Just an extra comment that maybe mafias aren't so certain of what's out there. If our new Hoe can join them, then maybe their numbers aren't so indicative.
 

Kaminogan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 11, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
197
Age
27
Country
United States
Votekill Digitaldude

I still think a day 1 lynch is pretty silly, but given that he's straight up lied immediately I don't feel too bad. I'm the Cunt, there are no Illusions.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,648
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Gry has been awfully quiet, I am also of the opinion that we should hint before mafias had a chance to chat between themselves
its gonna be tough for mafia to lie in the game
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Votekill Digitaldude

I still think a day 1 lynch is pretty silly, but given that he's straight up lied immediately I don't feel too bad. I'm the Cunt, there are no Illusions.
WHAT THE HELL I NEVER CLAIMED THAT.OOOOOO
 

Kaminogan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 11, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
197
Age
27
Country
United States
You literally said there were 'tons of illusions'
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Gonna go !votekill Holt mostly for my thoughts on people openly disliking this type of game being mafia, and to see where a 2nd vote on someone takes the next 9ish hours.
Huh? Quote me openly disliking the game?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Long day but back now. thankfully not much to catch up on. Hint wise I’m active. I’m also of the opinion earlier hints will overall be more beneficial. Mafia will get to discuss at night after all
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I’ll votekill Gry because every game he has misconstrued my posts has been him as scum trying to frame me. I said I’m split on this game because I enjoy fresh roles and ideas, but it’s also a pain constantly getting used to them. Not sure how that points to me openly disliking the mech.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,878
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Here now to stay for most of the phase.

I somehow can’t recall the outcome of the Conan game at all, so perhaps I am just overlooking things. Mafia has it easy claiming in a game like this, and we don’t know the specific set-up of the game but shouldn’t hinting at least help catch inconsistencies?
I have an active role, I dont mind sharing that much.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Aight so the majority agreed with sharing hints and did so alrdy, I'll ask the rest to do the same then.
The ones missing hints are @digitaldude @GrySun @Lawl Po Bia and @xi0

I couldn't fully understand some things tho:
@Gryffindor maybe I misunderstood you -- did you claim Fumbler? Or only the bird related part were actually about your role?
@Lady pompom "could be me, another role or an illusion?" was that a hint?
@Juviii "had it before" is a hint an not a custom role joke, correct?
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
My role is extremely boring
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah def one of the boring ones on the list 🫠 not even worth protection
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Aight so the majority agreed with sharing hints and did so alrdy, I'll ask the rest to do the same then.
The ones missing hints are @digitaldude @GrySun @Lawl Po Bia and @xi0

I couldn't fully understand some things tho:
@Gryffindor maybe I misunderstood you -- did you claim Fumbler? Or only the bird related part were actually about your role?
@Lady pompom "could be me, another role or an illusion?" was that a hint?
@Juviii "had it before" is a hint an not a custom role joke, correct?
It was a hint and should exclude many in the current list as some are not even regular roles.
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
You literally said there were 'tons of illusions'
yeah i also thought he was claiming that with his post and i wonder if it was a bait post to get the actual illusion counter, would be perfect for the mafia to lynch them
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
food for thought Kind of unfortunate timing for me too since I will be asleep before the day end
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I had no problem with DD's comment tbh. I just associated it to all the illusion related roles we had in the mech, and he got directly asked about it and denied it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

No idea who to vote for yet tbh... it doesn't help that 10 out of 16 players have the minimum 3 posts or less...
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,878
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
yeah i also thought he was claiming that with his post and i wonder if it was a bait post to get the actual illusion counter, would be perfect for the mafia to lynch them
Hmm I also just took it as a random game comment tbh. Dunno if someone would be baited like this on D1.

Should vote soon but I really dont know yet, possibly going for someone random unfortunately
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
So, the way I see it the sickly doctors are gonna be the illusion poppers? And there are also the cunts that can tell the amounts.

To reduce the scrolls and back flipping, could the hosts maybe be so kind to put the custom roles into a spoiler in the voting posts? Would help a lot, thanks a bunchhh
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Voting will be crazy on-going. The Nintendo director (?) that thinks they are a cutie will have the super vote of the illusions. Would it be good for town to pin them down or not I wonder. But I guess the reds will keep close watch on the qp votes anyways and keep taps at night, so we should too later on
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top