Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #45 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • Me & Roboco 299

  • Sakamoto Days 277

  • Witch Watch 264

  • Akane-banashi 224

  • Nue's Exorcist 163

  • Kagurabachi 133

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 110

  • Ichi the Witch 100

  • Shinobi Undercover 99

  • Someone Hertz 51

  • Under Doctor 34

  • Roku's House of Oddities 24

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 22

  • Animal Signal 16

  • Hal Formula 15

  • Cannon Master 14

  • The Ura Files 5

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 4


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,492
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

Lord Anubis

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2025
Messages
457
Reaction score
594
Age
23
Country
United States
I've played around with similar hypothetical rosters. I like yours but would move Seiya into the main cast. Arguably the most influential Jump battle manga.
I'd prefer if they went the Smash Bros route to revive the Jump Super/Ultimate Stars branding and gameplay. Go back to the massive cast of characters with an even larger amount of koma/assist trophy characters.
Just have the koma deck system heavily simplified and assigned to buttons/button combos.
Assembling your own unique koma hand allows all players to feel unique regardless of character used, and adds that deck building element of gameplay.

Plus, buying character packs/koma booster decks as dlc is a great avenue for the game to make a lot of money.
Thanks, might also share my idea for the Melee equivalent sometime later tonight, glad you like it.
I was also contemplating having Kinnikuman instead of Kenshiro for the longest time...
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Would be nice to see some Jump+ mangaka get a chance in the main mag.

A few I think would fit pretty well include;
Nao Iori; I loved Manaka. High concept, fantastic action, and touching character work. Has a really strong grasp on how to write characters with trauma.

Wataru Momose; My Marriage To Sanaka had a great art-style and character design, really touching character relationships, and the final arc showed they could do pretty decent action as well.

Ryuji Kunimoto; His art improved a lot over the course of Blood Wing Hunter, and his action panelwork is really dope. While he clearly wore his influences on his sleeves with that series, it managed to do some pretty cool stuff with it.

Mononobu; fantastic art-style. Writing showed promise as well before the series started rushing itself towards the end.

Also wanna mention Kanya Aki, Haruka Nanase, Alpa, Hisaya Hashida, Kyoko Soda, Asako Mabuchi/Kohei Ando, Emofuu, Yosuke Takano, Ire Nomamoto, Shiro Moriya, Haruhisa Nakata, and Teito Heji/Sai Yamagishi,
I think you’re forgetting Naoya Matsumoto. After his commercial success with Kaiju 8, I am curious to see what he’ll come up with next.

I hope Himaten's getting a natural/good ending for it🙏
Oh, don’t worry about it. All signs point to a perfectly natural ending.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I think you’re forgetting Naoya Matsumoto. After his commercial success with Kaiju 8, I am curious to see what he’ll come up with next.



Oh, don’t worry about it. All signs point to a perfectly natural ending.
I hadn't included them because they had an axed Jump series with Nekko Wappa, although it was their only attempt so they probably could come back if they wanted after the success of Kaiju.
Wasn't a big fan of Kaiju #8 tbh, mainly cause it just lacked the personality and creativity of their previous series, but I absolutely adored Pochi Kuro. One of the most underrated Jump+ series imo. If their next series had a tone more similar to that I'd be 1000% on board.
 

Jay_Senju

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2026
Messages
127
Reaction score
247
Age
23
Country
United States
I think Hima-ten being a “short run” is a good thing. imo romance manga should not be running for 200 chapters or more. Either way congrats to ono for getting a successful series after full drive got axed.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,492
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Where is this from @Nuesmoker?

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I saw this on Twitter saying that there is a original merchandise project currently in progress and that future updates will happen on May 25 which is curiously the exact date of Issue 27 release in Japan :hmm

 

Dongus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2023
Messages
1,491
Reaction score
4,808
Age
29
Country
Malaysia
If Hima-ten gets soft-axed, then Saito should do that thing where an entire round is made up of the same genre. Three prospective harem manga to take the Hima-ten spot? We Weekly Romcom Jump now, baby!
 

Shonenfan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2011
Messages
434
Reaction score
261
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think you’re forgetting Naoya Matsumoto. After his commercial success with Kaiju 8, I am curious to see what he’ll come up with next.



Oh, don’t worry about it. All signs point to a perfectly natural ending.
Kaiju 8’s mangaka has incredible art. He’d be great to be paired up with a good author. I feel like Kaiju 8 really lacked in the story department after the first arc. Him with someone like Nisoisn, inagaki, or kishimoto would be awesome
 

echo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2023
Messages
693
Reaction score
1,392
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Himaten is obviously getting out of the way for the return of Komi Naoshi. Surely.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,492
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Himaten is obviously getting out of the way for the return of Komi Naoshi. Surely.
lol i genuinely don't doubt that at all :grin
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
They are certainly going to have to start some new romcoms at any rate, with Himaten ending soon and Blue Box probably not lasting too long after.

I didn't expect Himaten to end before Blue Box but I guess the author isn't interested in stretching it out with years of shenanigans like most harems do, and it's also not big enough to WSJ to push for that either. I hope it at least can get a final chapter anime announcement like Kill Blue did.
 

Dongus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2023
Messages
1,491
Reaction score
4,808
Age
29
Country
Malaysia
Hima-ten anime on series ending, trust the plan.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,492
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
And split-cour season to adapt the entire manga 👍
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Kaiju 8’s mangaka has incredible art. He’d be great to be paired up with a good author. I feel like Kaiju 8 really lacked in the story department after the first arc. Him with someone like Nisoisn, inagaki, or kishimoto would be awesome
There's no need. Pochikuro was brilliant on its own. It felt like they were just trying to play more safe with Kaiju as well as out of their comfort zone.
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,028
Reaction score
2,453
Age
35
Country
Avatar
They are certainly going to have to start some new romcoms at any rate, with Himaten ending soon and Blue Box probably not lasting too long after.

I didn't expect Himaten to end before Blue Box but I guess the author isn't interested in stretching it out with years of shenanigans like most harems do, and it's also not big enough to WSJ to push for that either. I hope it at least can get a final chapter anime announcement like Kill Blue did.
I just had that conversation with others how I think Jump’s higher priorities are comedy and sports series than romance. But then again if they want another to be a companion with Someone Hertz, that is their and Saito’s choice. However with battle series, I think they are solid with 6-7 of them right now.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,492
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
lol Jump just said "f@ck it" and shoved Gonron Egg, Osoegawa & JK Hero Vol 2 & 3 together in the same month in June so they can get rid of them:



I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this until like yesterday kkkk

Alien Headbutt vol 1 will be released on July.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,492
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
We actually have 10 battle shounens right now in the magazine, but i'm sure @Kiaida isn't satisfied with just that, so Saito-san, please another round! :cheez
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,028
Reaction score
2,453
Age
35
Country
Avatar
We actually have 10 battle shounens right now in the magazine, but i'm sure @Kiaida isn't satisfied with just that, so Saito-san, please another round! :cheez
I know that we do have 10 now, but I’m looking ahead at the 2 series possibly facing the axe and 1 of our pillars being Sakamoto Days reaching its conclusion. And if Under Doctor is really a hit from what the ToC suggests, then we have 7 solid battle series.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Sakamoto Days might be nearing the conclusion in a story-sense, but Suzuki is clearly in no rush to actually get there.

I think he'll push the series up past ch 300 at this point, if only for the sake of hitting that number.
 
Top