Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #42-43 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • One Piece 1193

  • Me & Roboco 297

  • Sakamoto Days 275

  • Witch Watch 262

  • Akane-banashi 222

  • Nue's Exorcist 161

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 108

  • Ichi the Witch 98

  • Shinobi Undercover 97

  • Someone Hertz 49

  • Under Doctor 32

  • Roku's House of Oddities 22

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 20

  • Animal Signal 14

  • Hal Formula 13

  • Cannon Master 12

  • The Ura Files 3

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 2


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,396
Reaction score
39,082
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

Jay_Senju

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2026
Messages
122
Reaction score
227
Age
23
Country
United States
Damn they weren't kidding about that Kinato chapter so many things happened all at once lmao. This series definitely got the axe call.
I said it before and I'll say it again but Under Doctor is really good when it leans into the Medical Drama stuff.
 

Dongus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2023
Messages
1,489
Reaction score
4,805
Age
29
Country
Malaysia
Sadly, I have a feeling that Akane will probably end within 50 chapters (or around chapter 300).
Akane's only got one story down from the three requirements to master Shiguma's Art. On top of that, we're far into the time skip, and we haven't been reintroduced to any of Akane's fellow disciples under Shiguma. There's still too much content to finish things in 50 chapters.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,396
Reaction score
39,082
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP ISSUE #34 (2026) - AUTHOR COMMENTS!

Me & Roboco (Shuhei Miyazaki)


I made it to six years thanks to all your support! I got to do a sit-down interview with Soyama Sensei and a collabo with Grandpa Danger. Thanks!


Akane-banashi (Yuki Suenaga)


Miura Sensei! Congrats on concluding Blue Box! It was an honor to share the magazine with you!


Sakamoto Days (Yuto Suzuki)


I’ve been getting frozen tangerines and peaches. The ones that are already pealed.


Ichi the Witch (Osamu Nishi)


I had a relative who had the strange experience of always returning to the third floor no matter how many times they walked down the stairs. Scary.


Nue’s Exorcist (Kota Kawae)


I feel the most invincible when I shove the ice I bought at the store in my freezer.


Someone Hertz (Ei Yamano)


Everyone has their own name for Kurage at school, so she has lots of nicknames. Like a neighborhood stray cat.


Under Doctor (Kyo Tanimoto)


I’m rewatching the Sgt. Frog anime and enjoying it more than when I was a kid.


Cannon Master (Reiya Machida)


I’m blown away by my assistants’ amazing art every week. It’s such a learning experience!


Shinobi Undercover (Ippon Takegushi)


I bought a bottle of nam pla on impulse and have only used it once. It’s currently the guardian deity of my fridge.


Witch Watch (Kenta Shinohara)


The shoes I’m wearing right now squeak when I walk around in the rain. I feel like a little kid and get embarrassed.


Hal Formula (Kento Terasaka)


During serialization, I tend to repeat my meals. This last month I’ve only eaten udon and tacos…


Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi (Shoichi Usui)


K-on! is on Netflix. I’m excited to ask my assistants who their favorites are.


Animal Signal (Taishi Tsutsui)


I finished reading Project Hail Mary after it was recommended to me. It was so good!


Roku’s House of Oddities (Atsushi Nakamura)


I used to work as a tutor. The kids I taught back then are now regular members of adult society.


Hunter x Hunter (Yoshihiro Togashi)


It says that the incubation period is six hours, but it’s supposed to say “one to six hours.”


Class 2-B Hero Destroyerz (Hideaki Sorachi)


I haven’t been going out much, so I put a chair on my veranda to enjoy some sunshine, but it’s being pelted with rain and bird droppings.


Drawn to the Fire (Masayoshi Satosho)


I’m rewatching the King of Conte competition. The two skits that won it for Biscuit Brothers are both amazing!


Kinato’s Magic (Kento Amemiya)


Well done to all the players on the national team!! Give them a big hand for their great performance!!


Source: VIZ Website
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,008
Reaction score
2,440
Age
34
Country
Avatar
Akane's only got one story down from the three requirements to master Shiguma's Art. On top of that, we're far into the time skip, and we haven't been reintroduced to any of Akane's fellow disciples under Shiguma. There's still too much content to finish things in 50 chapters.
Which is why I predict that this is a 350-400 chapter series.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,396
Reaction score
39,082
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Reading jp comments about this week Cannon Master, starting to think maybe Machida should've made Bharat the definite main character and Ur a girl companion/student because when it comes to Bharat is all praise but they really not like Ur very much so far...
 

TheRealTravisty

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2020
Messages
730
Reaction score
1,324
Age
39
Country
Canada
Reading jp comments about this week Cannon Master, starting to think maybe Machida should've made Bharat the definite main character and Ur a girl companion/student because when it comes to Bharat is all praise but they really not like Ur very much so far...
Honestly, I don’t blame them. I feel the same way. He’s ugly, he does things on Bharat’s behalf and he’s…the kindest way I can say this is he’s a hype man.
I understand why the author may have been hesitant making Bharat the face of the series since he’s a “middle aged old man”, but we’ve had older protagonists like Toriko, Gintoki and Kenshin. He would’ve been just fine.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,396
Reaction score
39,082
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Honestly, I don’t blame them. I feel the same way. He’s ugly, he does things on Bharat’s behalf and he’s…the kindest way I can say this is he’s a hype man.
I understand why the author may have been hesitant making Bharat the face of the series since he’s a “middle aged old man”, but we’ve had older protagonists like Toriko, Gintoki and Kenshin. He would’ve been just fine.
If there's anything that might kill Cannon Master i think will be Ur, because the rest is pretty much praised, they like the art, action and Bharat lol
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,008
Reaction score
2,440
Age
34
Country
Avatar
I don’t have any problem with Ur. Sure he is somewhat a hype man, maybe forced mascot, and can run the risk of being annoying, but he doesn’t bother me the least. If he was unbearable then it would have sunk the series. But going back to chapter one, there is a reason for his design and what could be done with him in a positive way. It’s kind of like the Star Wars prequels with The Phantom Menace but much better executed when compared to the meeting and connection between Anakin and Obi Wan at the beginning.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,396
Reaction score
39,082
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This week most tweeted Jump chapters, with a big surprise of Under Doctor in 4th, this is t he highest number of mentions since the first chapter! Cannon Master also sneaked in the top 10!

 

kiyoshibro

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2025
Messages
196
Reaction score
237
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
UNDER DOCTOR the GOAT!
(btw.. when we can see the cover of UD 2 and UEK 9?.. it's more possible (the fastest way) from socials or ToC leaks?)
 

Kiaida

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2021
Messages
1,429
Reaction score
3,448
Country
United Nations
Authors sometimes should bet on being unique more. Under Doctor actually trying medical drama had its best chapter and I agree with all the comments about Bharat and Ur, I really think Cannon Master will fail because of the kid even though it's a decent action manga.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,291
Reaction score
7,315
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I agree that Ur feels unnecessary. Bharat's got a really cool power while still coming across as an underdog, and has gotten almost all the focus so far, he's clearly able to carry the series on his own. Ur feels like he's just around since battle series always need to have the main character be THE STRONGEST EVER right from the start these days, basically just being an 'instant win fight' button, but storywise is very much a Speedwagon so far (ie just there to react to things).

Hal Formula is my favourite of the new batch still, but I think it has the same issues as Greens did which makes it ill-fitting for Jump. The lack of meaningful friends or rivals, and focusing too much on MC getting the hang of the sport on his own. That said, sports series are so dead in WSJ these days that I've no clue what a series would need to do to work.
 

Baes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2020
Messages
341
Reaction score
320
Age
28
Country
Brazil
Bharat is already being the focus of the story. No problem with the current Ur for me. I see him as a mamodo at most lol
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
1,979
Reaction score
1,631
Age
36
Country
Australia
Noticed the tendency of having older MCs lately like Bharat, Haiji, thr Hal Formula MC... coincidence?
 

Baes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2020
Messages
341
Reaction score
320
Age
28
Country
Brazil
Noticed the tendency of having older MCs lately like Bharat, Haiji, thr Hal Formula MC... coincidence?
Even Chihiro tbh
A pure battle shonen protagonist starting at 18yo is kinda new
 

Shonenfan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2011
Messages
421
Reaction score
257
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Honestly, I don’t blame them. I feel the same way. He’s ugly, he does things on Bharat’s behalf and he’s…the kindest way I can say this is he’s a hype man.
I understand why the author may have been hesitant making Bharat the face of the series since he’s a “middle aged old man”, but we’ve had older protagonists like Toriko, Gintoki and Kenshin. He would’ve been just fine.
Look no further than Kaiju no. 8 that had a massive opening chapter in large part due to having a similar protagonist. Girl would have definitely been a smarter choice though; maybe there’s a chance he can retcon it
 

LogicoftheVI

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2025
Messages
237
Reaction score
178
Age
43
Country
US Virgin Islands
Cannon Master Discussion: I do not have any issues with Ur at this point. In fact I'll go as far as to say, Bharat only works as a character because of Ur. If you remove Ur from the story then you remove what most people actually like about the series, the dynamic between master and pupil.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,396
Reaction score
39,082
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Cannon Master Discussion: I do not have any issues with Ur at this point. In fact I'll go as far as to say, Bharat only works as a character because of Ur. If you remove Ur from the story then you remove what most people actually like about the series, the dynamic between master and pupil.
But the thing is that online jp readers don't like the dynamic lol
 
Top