Discussion Shodai Kitetsu FOUND!

ANBU4U

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
1,072
Reaction score
279
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is this Shodai Kitetsu?


For a long time now One Piece fans have speculated when Zorro might come across it but it seems as though that may not be in the cards.

One of the Five Elder Stars is holding an EXTREMELY long Nodachi with the EXACT same hilt as Sandai Kitetsu.

Considering that Oda never reuses the hilt designs of noteworthy swords....and the old wizened look of the swords wooden sheath, then of course the stature of the man holding it....I think there is a good chance that that relic may well be the Shodai Kitetsu.

Meaning once again, that Zorro won't get it.
1) It's too long
2) It's in the hands of a man who may well never see action in the series.
3) I've always doubted whether or not Zorro would get a supreme grade blade...as for one they seem universally over sized, and two the sword would automatically overshadow Wadō Ichimonji which seems wrong somehow.

More likely Zorro will simply wield three of the Ō Wazamono Grade Swords equaling collectively the power of a Saijō Ō Wazamono Grade Sword.

If I were to be unimaginative I would guess he'll come across the Nidai Kitetsu eventually.
 
Last edited:

ZeroChrome

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
576
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
Oh, nice find :thumbs act I also just re-read that part and never notice the sword. I thought it was just a random stick or a cane because I didn't realize the hilt :XD
I think the Shuusui is also a long katana right? I thought that at first seeing Ryuuma holding the sword while fighting Zoro
 

ANBU4U

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
1,072
Reaction score
279
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh, nice find :thumbs act I also just re-read that part and never notice the sword. I thought it was just a random stick or a cane because I didn't realize the hilt :XD
I think the Shuusui is also a long katana right? I thought that at first seeing Ryuuma holding the sword while fighting Zoro
Items in OP are known to fluctuate in height depending on who's holding them....Oda can be lax at times. But not this much.

Shuusui is more or less a normal sized Katana........but the sword that Elder Star is carrying is epic. If it were to stand lengthwise it would be just as tall as the Elder Star who's standing in the double spread.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed the sword before and thought about it being one of the legendary swords but I dismissed it immediatly... but now that you've mentioned it...it looks like you're onto something my friend....
 

Raysen_ht

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
77
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Stupid question, sorry:
What is Shodai Kitetsu and Sandai Kitetsu??

I really didnt memorised the names of the special swords... Maybe someone could list them here (not everyone of them, but like, "dsfbldksfb" name refers to the best 5, "fmvbfsdlhv" to the top 21, "ajcbldajcv" to the top 50)

I guess the one mentioned on this thread is on the top 5... yes?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Stupid question, sorry:
What is Shodai Kitetsu and Sandai Kitetsu??

I really didnt memorised the names of the special swords... Maybe someone could list them here (not everyone of them, but like, "dsfbldksfb" name refers to the best 5, "fmvbfsdlhv" to the top 21, "ajcbldajcv" to the top 50)

I guess the one mentioned on this thread is on the top 5... yes?
12 Saijō Ō Wazamono (Supreme Grade Sword)

*Kokutou Yoru: The Black Blade Yoru - owned by Dracule "Hawkeye" Mihawk

*Shodai Kitetsu (First Generation Demon-Splitter) - the one we're discussing

21 Ō Wazamono (Great Grade Sword)


*Nidai Kitetsu - 二代鬼徹 (Second Generation Demon-Splitter)

*Wadō Ichimonji - 和道一文字 (The One Road of Harmony, known as simply "Wadō" in the 4Kids dub) -the one Zoro got from Kuina's dad

*Shuusui (Clear Autumn Water)- the one Zoro got after defeating Ryuuma

Ryō Wazamono Grade Swords

*Kashū - 花洲 (Flower State)-belongs to Tashigi

*Yubashiri - 雪走 (Snow Run, known as Yu-bashiri [Snow Crasher or Running Snow] in the Viz translation') -the one Zoro bought from Loguetown and was destroyed by Shuu the Marine Captain at Enies Lobby

Wazamono Grade Swords

*Sandai Kitetsu - 三代鬼徹 (Third Generation Demon-Splitter, known as Kitetsu III in the Viz translation)-Zoro bought it from Loguetown along with the Yubashiri

*Shigure - 時雨 (Drizzle, known as Autumn Rain in the Viz translation)- belongs to Tashigi
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
I've actually seen this idea discussed before but not on this forum.

There are 2 opinions of course and those are that Zoro will or will not fight that man when the SH's face the Gorousei.

But I would rather Zoro not get any Supreme grade swords myself, at least until he defeats Mihawk. I would rather Zoro get to the position as best swrodsman with Great Grade swords and not with Supreme Grade swords.

So I am of the opinion that he will find the Nidai before he fights Mihawk, yes I know highly unoriginal and many plot holes in this idea.
 

ANBU4U

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
1,072
Reaction score
279
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've actually seen this idea discussed before but not on this forum.

There are 2 opinions of course and those are that Zoro will or will not fight that man when the SH's face the Gorousei.

But I would rather Zoro not get any Supreme grade swords myself, at least until he defeats Mihawk. I would rather Zoro get to the position as best swrodsman with Great Grade swords and not with Supreme Grade swords.

So I am of the opinion that he will find the Nidai before he fights Mihawk, yes I know highly unoriginal and many plot holes in this idea.
Unoriginal perhaps...but I don't see any inherent plot holes.


Also, I don't see the problem with Zorro having a Supreme Grade sword...
I don't think he will ever get one because it would out value Wado...but that said if you think he WILL get one what does it matter if he does it before or after Mihawk?

The swords themselves have no inherent power....just qualities. They shouldn't really win or lose the fight for Zorro. And it's not like he's making a statement of skill by using Fine Grade swords or something.

So if you're going to let him use 3 Great Grade swords, why not a Supreme one? What statement does that make to the readers?
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Unoriginal perhaps...but I don't see any inherent plot holes.
Plot holes was not the best word choice. Taxing might have been better. Because a long string of events much first happen for Zoro to wield the Nidai. First his current sword must be destroyed, because I cant just see Zoro throwing away a good sword. And if his sword does break that idea is a bit repetitive.

Then he must find the Nidai, and if someone is currently weilding the sword he must fight and defeat them. Once again it is a bit repetitive.

The best idea is that he holds onto his current swords until he defeats the Garosei member and in the process his Sandai gets broken. He then picks up the Shodai after winning the fight.


They shouldn't really win or lose the fight for Zorro.
Except for the fact that a higher grade could more easily break a lesser grade sword. That could definitely change the balance in a duel.
 
Last edited:

ANBU4U

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
1,072
Reaction score
279
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Except for the fact that a higher grade could more easily break a lesser grade sword. That could definitely change the balance in a duel.
We'll yea but Zorro isn't fighting with swords that poor. Perhaps the Sandai Kitetsu...but Wado and Shuusui wouldn't.

Mihawks first serious attack against Zorro seems to suggest that Great grade swords are good enough to stand up to the Supreme at least.

Still I get your point.
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
but Zorro isn't fighting with swords that poor
Still I get your point.
Well good thing you understand, but also did you forget that when Zoro was fighting Ryuuma he said that if the fight went any longer his swords would have broken?

Now that could have been a combination between Shuusui being heavy and very powerful causing more damage than Zoro's attack, Ryuuma being physically stronger than Zoro, or that Sandai is a lesser grade than Shuusui.

Regardless, one of those 3 factors was a huge contributor to Zoro's swords nearing the breaking point. I know Zoro later pointed out he needed to get stronger, but Sandai being a lesser grade naturally would not withstand an enduring(long lasting) battle against a higher grade sword.
 

Raysen_ht

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
77
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I agree with LoS, a lesser grade sword wouldnt withstand a long battle with a higher grade, IF THE POWER OF THE FIGHTERS ARE EQUIVALENT... So i guess he would need at least 1 supreme sword to fight mihawk, or to get significantly stronger than the current nº 1 swordsman, to be able to defeat him with a lesser grade sword....

If he gets a supreme sword, the one on this thread might be a good choice...
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I doubt Zoro will be getting ANY other swords, and even if he does, certainly not a sword held by one of the Gorosei, although POSSIBLY Shodai Kitetsu. I mean, all 3 of the swords Zoro has now are either his treasure (Wado Ichimonji) or he had to go through something to get them (he risked his arm to get Sandai Kitetsu, and he had to beat Ryuma to get Shusui.) So since he won those swords, I doubt they'll be replaced.

That said, I suppose I CAN see Sandai Kitetsu being replaced by a different Kitetsu. Maybe Shodai Kitetsu, but not if one of the Gorosei has it, because the odds of the Gorosei fighting ANYONE in One Piece seem rather slim, and the odds of them fighting a Straw Hat seem even slimmer. They've got desk jobs. And as to the discussion of Zoro needing higher grade swords to beat Mihawk and other future opponents, as people have said, it really doesn't matter what grade the sword is, it matters more the person who's using it, even in terms of endurance. A good swordsman will be able to use his sword effectively and reinforce it so that it can withstand fighting even a higher quality sword.
 

Sorata

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
551
Reaction score
12
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
One thing is for sure, even if Zoro replaces one of his sword, it won´t be for a sword stronger than the Wadō Ichimonji, even if he gets the Nidai Kitetsu to substitute the Sandai Kitetsu it´s ok, but he won´t get a sword stronger than the one from Kuina (Wadō Ichimonji), it just wouldn´t feel right imo.

And on top of that, Kuina´s sword already survived one attack from Mihawks sword, wich seems to be the strongest sword in the world.
 

hot_chips

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
62
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Even if Zoro gets a sword of higher quality than Wado Ichimonji it won't replace it.
The swords rank doesn't matter to Zoro as show in Logue Town.
 

ZeroChrome

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
576
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
One thing is for sure, even if Zoro replaces one of his sword, it won´t be for a sword stronger than the Wadō Ichimonji, even if he gets the Nidai Kitetsu to substitute the Sandai Kitetsu it´s ok, but he won´t get a sword stronger than the one from Kuina (Wadō Ichimonji), it just wouldn´t feel right imo.
I doubt Zoro even knows which sword is which and which is higher ranked, unless there's Tashigi next to him :XD

And on top of that, Kuina´s sword already survived one attack from Mihawks sword, wich seems to be the strongest sword in the world.
concerning this, he held the Wado in his mouth. so the sword probably received the least damage compared to the other two and probably the reason why it didn't shattered.
 

hot_chips

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
62
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
@zerochrome: I think he knows, he's not as absent minded as luffy is...I remember during the SHs fight with Oz he was talking about the properties of a dark blade...

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/473/09/
I think Zoro only knows famous swordsmen and their blades but not like a random swordsmen like Tashigi and her blades name.
 

SilversDKRayleigh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2008
Messages
201
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
well since no one else has talked for a while i think that zoro's current position would be the best place to find one of the other kitetsu's but that's just a guess cause all his swords are important to him and he won't to discard just for a better one unless something happens to one of his current ones.
 

Lestat

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 30, 2008
Messages
33
Reaction score
12
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I have an idea. What if the kitetsus are really just a single sword with some kind of df power, this power allows the kitetsu to transform from a lesser grade (sandai) to great grade (nidai) up to supreme grade (shodai) when some conditions are met by the wielder. What do you guys think? Sounds stupid, right?
 
Top