Recent content by AddleBoy

  1. AddleBoy

    Question Names: Name related questions and discussions

    Re: [JP] The Official Kanji Ask-for-Help Thread I've got a couple of questions about kanji and surnames. How do you figure out which is the proper reading of someone's surname? For instance, 一太. I looked it up, and I saw that it can be read as Ichita, Kazuta, Itta, Kazutaka. How do you know...
  2. AddleBoy

    Done [JP]Help with a word

    I'm having a hard time understanding the word, 引く in this context. A couple is having a conversation. The girl is about to explain something embarrassing to the guy, but before she does she says this to him: 引かないで...もらえますか? 引かれたら死んでしまいますから... や...約束してください... I feel it's something...
  3. AddleBoy

    Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

    Re: Help with a few lines Ah. Thanks for that. That should help me with the rest of the translation as well.
  4. AddleBoy

    Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

    Help with a few lines I'm helping out with the translation project for Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, and I'm having a little bit of trouble with Saber's lines. I know it's not a manga, but I figured I'd ask here anyway. Just a warning for those who care to know: there will be spoilers about who Saber...
  5. AddleBoy

    Introduction Thread - Part 2

    Hey, name's AddleBoy all around the net. If you ever see another AddleBoy, that's me with out a doubt. I'm from the USA, my favorite things are anime, manga, games, and languages. Currently learning Japanese and Mandarin. Hoping to become an English teacher in Japan after I graduate from...
  6. AddleBoy

    Where Do You Come From?

    St. Louis, MO, USA born and raised. added
  7. AddleBoy

    How did you come across MangaHelpers?

    I was looking for RAWs of a specific manga (Yotsuba&! I think it was), and google led me straight here. I found what I was looking for, and much more.
  8. AddleBoy

    Question What is your Avatar?

    Re: Why did you choose your avatar? A couple simple reasons: 1: I like Toradora. 2: I like Taiga. 3: I like funny faces. Cut it straight from the manga, re-sized it and everything.
  9. AddleBoy

    Software The Web Browser Thread

    Re: What is your web browser? I usually use Firefox to surf the web (using it right now in fact). I used to use IE a lot, but now I never use it. Never tried using Opera, though. And Google Chrome I've tried, but prefer Firefox.
  10. AddleBoy

    I am Moe! (Any opinions about the plot?)

    I was just wondering if anyone thought that this would be a good idea for a manga or just as a written story. I am Moe! is a comedy series that parodies many popular "moe" anime and manga. The story takes place in an alternate Japan where the majority of the population are hardcore otaku...
  11. AddleBoy

    FMA Volume 26 Discussion (Chapters 104-106)

    Re: Chapter 106 Discussion/107 Predictions I guess it was just Kimblee getting one last laugh before he's gone completely. Even when his soul's devoured, he can't stay quiet. I really hope Mustang does something epic in the next chapter. I doubt he'll use his blindness as an excuse to...
  12. AddleBoy

    Hangout The Gantz Hangout Thread

    Re: The Gantz Hang-Out Thread Man, that whole alien invasion thing seemed like it popped out of no where. I wonder if the mangaka planned all this stuff from the start, or is he just kinda going with the flow? Is the technology that Gantz uses supposed to have originated from these aliens?
Top