I don't recall a person (or at least more than 1) buying 20 copies out P6 back when it was still coming out in WSJ considering how P6 was a niche product. But regardless of that, I do think there is definitely some amount of frontloading (by western fans/JP people who want to know what the fuss...
I'm assuming you meant the general western audience who reads only Jump manga in bold and the rest of the non-bolded parts to be the manga mentioned within the context of Jump's history in general.
Akanebanashi is just a normal well-executed Jump spokon with a female MC and Blue Box is more...
Has the last 5 years been terrible for Jump veterans or has Jump always had trouble with veterans? Because since post-WW, both it and Elusive look like Blue Box tier hits compared to Kill Blue, MMA, Ichinose, and especially axed manga such as Ayashimon and Tenmaku (not counting Cipher because...
What counts as a "megahit" in terms of WSJ right now? Are One Piece and JJK more than megahits by this logic?
In my personal definition, megahits would include series that can reach 400k - 1M+ sales per new volume release (4 weeks of sale), normal hits would include 100k - 300k+ sellers, and...
Surprised no one brought this up today considering his history with the magazine.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-09-11/space-adventure-cobra-manga-creator-buichi-terasawa-passes-away/.202235
Nice to see that Gachiakuta finally made it onto Oricon after 5 volumes. Also, Seitokai is going to be WSM's next big hit, there is constant reprints going on for that series lol.
tbh Cipher Academy's first chapter > Ichinose's first two chapters
Nisio is just good at crafting premises with unique and fun writing, looks to be solid if it isn't axed. Taizan is too quick with the misery porn, a single build-up chapter would of worked.
To add on to this, it is really unfortunate that 3 out of 5 of Iwashiro's students are more successful than him and got/are getting anime. I hope he returns someday, he only failed once with Kagamigami, which ironically was released around when Black Clover was first serialized.
He deserves a...
I am not really one of them, the editorial board would always either round out the edges in what makes new series interesting or give them bad advice in how to proceed with their serialization, leading to a quick axe. This also can apply to the author as well.
Honestly more interested in...
Slightly off-topic, but this is more tragic than I realized in regards to the initial reporting of Kazuki's death.
https://www.stripes.com/branches/army/2022-10-11/okinawa-riptide-rescue-yu-gi-oh-7646714.html
I would like to add that the recession that Japan is going through will affect Ruri and other WSJ series pretty hard since with inflation, tankobon prices will be increasing across the board along with other goods and services...
This mentality is fine, I just think copying the one-shot to this extent outside of a couple of minor changes brings along the one-shot's problems while not really bringing anything new that is interesting, therefore, the first chapter becomes inferior to the one-shot. (Which technically is what...
Tokyo Demon Bride Story had an alright first chapter, I just think new series that retread one-shots for their first chapter hurts them more in the long run rather than changing it up to fit better for serialization and to improve the general quality (see Death Note's one-shot vs serialization)...