Recent content by Alan Smithee

  1. Alan Smithee

    News General Manga News and Announcements

    It's really not.
  2. Alan Smithee

    Seinen Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru by BABA Yasushi

    The evolution is on its way. There are still a lot of character introductions to be done though, Well.... a few. Anyway, two more chapters from volume 6 are out you can download them from www.deadbeat-scans.com
  3. Alan Smithee

    Seinen Beshari Gurashi by MORITA Masanori

    The series isn't funny... I really really like Morita. But, I don't get the jokes in this series, I think it'll probably still be a good series with interesting characters and a good story just not funny.
  4. Alan Smithee

    Favorites Best food/cooking manga

    Bambino is more slice of life than cooking I think. Addicted to curry is good, Yakitate Japan is brilliant too funny, over the top and like any other shonen action series except it's about bread. Cooking series are painfully neglected by Manga Editors there are a few I would like to see. Food is...
  5. Alan Smithee

    Misc Attempt Leveling Tank Raws

    Don't waste your time using a filter to preclean a tank raw. It doesn't make any sense, it's taking a a technique used for raws full of dust and noise due to it being printed on lq paper and applying it to a good HQ raw. Too many groups now denoise or add some sort of filter or blur to Tank...
  6. Alan Smithee

    Seinen Homunculus by Yamamoto Hideo

    Yes, there has been a very small gap in time between the last few volumes. Now, if only the same would happen with REAL I would be happy.
  7. Alan Smithee

    Seinen Homunculus by Yamamoto Hideo

    Volume 12 comes out in Japan somewhere between the 25th and the 28th of February I forget. I only know because I'm going to be buying it for GGpX as soon as it's released. Anyway, believe me for a series like this having the full HQ volume released in one go is far better than having individual...
  8. Alan Smithee

    Cleaning Tank Raws Cleaning Tips

    Don't denoise, level and then clean the rest of the dirt specks and grains using either the paintbrush or dodging and burning. It means a bit more effort, but, you get a far better end result. When people use denoise on tank scans it just shows laziness, it murders the greys and lowers the...
  9. Alan Smithee

    Seinen All Rounder Meguru by ENDO Hiroki

    I really enjoy this series and it's only 10 chapters in. You just get more of a feeling for the work that goes into actually becoming good a martial artist.
  10. Alan Smithee

    Misc Attempt Over Rev! Cleaning, Editing & Typesetting

    The typesetting is not bad, quite dull maybe. The font used for the thoughts should be different from the font used for the speech since it's different in the raws themselves. Also, you seem to put bold or italic emphasis on words here and there and I'm not so sure why. It's not there on the...
  11. Alan Smithee

    Hangout MH Seinen Hangout

    I am hoping that nobody will scanlate it until Tank raws appear, I tire of the fact that all new series being released will never see good quality releases since everyone feels the need to use magazine scans.
  12. Alan Smithee

    Seinen All Rounder Meguru by ENDO Hiroki

    Re: [NEW] All Rounder Meguru by ENDO Hiroki A great series and I am happy to see that it was picked up by Kotonoha it's nice to have at lease one or two series to read in wonderful quality. The MMA in this series is tackled with a very strong air of realism.
  13. Alan Smithee

    Seinen Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru by BABA Yasushi

    Chapter 21 is out... You can grab it from our site just follow the links. www.deadbeat-scans.com A decent chapter the fight is just about to get underway and we see a bit more of the training that Minoru did in preperation. Oh right, also if anyone is wondering why these chapters look better...
  14. Alan Smithee

    Seinen Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru by BABA Yasushi

    I have to apologise for the delay with releases on this one. It's like my pet project, myself and my (now retired) main cleaner at the time really liked the look of it and decided to pick it up despite Japan being very far ahead and also the very very very difficult cleans. It makes it hard to...
  15. Alan Smithee

    StrangerAtaru's Thread of...Stuff

    A simple question to start of with and that would be your age, how old are you? What are your hobbies outside of the internet? If you have any... I hope you do!
Top