Recent content by boke

  1. boke

    The boke thread - gender bending and other surprises

    I'm glad you like Shimura too. I would love to find a copy of Route 225, but I haven't see one yet either. As for Fundanshism, I'll get back to that series soon.
  2. boke

    The boke thread - gender bending and other surprises

    Thanks for the offer Natsume. TL upload seems to be ok going forward. We'll have to see. PG chap 12 has been sent off for proofing. [hr] In light of recent events, if you want new TL, I'll need raw hunters for my projects. PM me.
  3. boke

    The boke thread - gender bending and other surprises

    The Prunus Girl chapter 12, 13 and 14 raws just showed up on Manga Helpers today. Hang on a bit and I'm sure you'll see TL soon. As for other gender benders, try checking out Farhad's TG forum for lists and suggestions. http://tgmangas2.free.fr/forum/index.php? But my picks are:
  4. boke

    The boke thread - gender bending and other surprises

    When someone finds raws :) Stay tuned for the next special. It'll be out very soon.
  5. boke

    The boke thread - gender bending and other surprises

    @Laika, I've read the Afternoon story you mentioned. If I find raws, I'll consider it. @arpad, Things are really busy for me now, but I do plan to finish Doll. [hr] Just a little shameless self congratulation: I just posted my 200th translation! :D
  6. boke

    The boke thread - gender bending and other surprises

    Thank you very much for the kind words. I am continuing with Fudanshism, although I kinda dread the last four pages of each chapter. It almost takes as long to TL those as the other 20 pages! 1) Yes. Hanashi, Dynasty, Horobi No Michi and some others. Not so much nowadays. Ever since I found...
  7. boke

    The boke thread - gender bending and other surprises

    A while back I got a nice shout out from Laika, who said: "Boke deserves an award or something for tirelessly working on mangos cocerning themselves with sexuality and gender identity." http://mangahelpers.com/news/details/259#comment_5440 Thank you Laika!
  8. boke

    The boke thread - gender bending and other surprises

    Gangan Joker is a (relatively) new monthly in Japan. Issues come out around the 20th of each month. There are currently eight proper chapters of Puranas Girl in Japanese - the release count here on Mangahelpers does include all the various language Edited Mangas. There's something special about...
  9. boke

    The boke thread - gender bending and other surprises

    Yeah, sure I could use my very own legal copy of Afternoon to translate those stories. But I never work on licensed titles. I know this isn't licensed, but I just want to take my time and think over how I want to approach this.
  10. boke

    The boke thread - gender bending and other surprises

    All of the titles you mentioned are in Afternoon magazine, published by Kodansha. Kodansha has requested that all Kodansha raws be pulled from mangahelpers. So right now I am taking a wait and see attitude towards these titles.
  11. boke

    The boke thread - gender bending and other surprises

    Ahaha :D What a great reaction! There are some Kinsey threes in the world, you know. Yeah, I'll TL both Yuri and BL :amuse, but it has to be the right story. I like more offbeat stories such as Happy Go Lucky Days or Densen Complex.
  12. boke

    The boke thread - gender bending and other surprises

    Hi there, I'm boke. I've been translating for a while. I lived for a while in Japan (and survived), went to the ends of the earth, found twue luv, escaped from the Man and now operate paranoid and desperate from a secret bunker deep in the Manga Mountains. I'd get out more, but I forgot the...
  13. boke

    Seinen Solanin by ASANO Inio

    I just bought this and enjoyed it alot. I like how Asano can mix humor with the tragedy of everyday life. Very poignant in places, but never gets too sentimental or weepy.
  14. boke

    Done Q about transcriptions

    For translators, having a transcription makes looking up kanji you don't know soooo much faster since you can cut and paste it into a JE dictionary. Having the art available to understand context is important too, but looking up kanji is time consuming.
  15. boke

    Help Request a Full Translation Check

    Re: Recommendations Think about trying something that already has a translation available here so you can check your work. It's a great way to learn and pick up common expressions. Peach girl may not be that hard grammatically, but there probably are a lot of slang expressions that don't show...
Top