Recent content by CageRage

  1. Discussion who is the main character in Naruto+is it a retconned series or not

    I don't think the series has been retconned as much as it has last minute details added in that were never mentioned. Whether or not its just the english version, we've heard about "That Jutsu" specifically "That jutsu". As a writer what does this do? It implies a new technique without having...
  2. Discussion Is Masashi Kishimoto Sexist?

    He has shown the female characters strength recently. Invasion of pain, first summon was punched to death via Sakura. The Kage coming close to beating Sasuke who was saved. Is it so wrong for young boys to believe that women are physically inferior to men? Is it so wrong for young boys...
  3. Discussion Is Masashi Kishimoto Sexist?

    My questions to the people that believe that Kishi is sexist in his representation of female characters. What can he do to further develop the female charaters? How can he develop them in a way that is pertinent to the main story line. Madaras moon eye plan, Sasukes quest for revenge, Narutos...
  4. Discussion Is Masashi Kishimoto Sexist?

    There are male characters dependent on female ones as well. Naruto with Sakura, where a lot of his actions at the start where driven by him vying for her attention over the focus that she gave to Sasuke. In the second part the only reason Naruto is able to push Pein to the limit is when he sees...
  5. Discussion Is Masashi Kishimoto Sexist?

    I don't think that's so much as something in any small regard towards what could be sexism as it is against it. I can't really pull up any info on japanese women in the military to compare numbers of men to women. But if we look at all the three men teams the females are the only characters that...
  6. Discussion Is Masashi Kishimoto Sexist?

    ^^^ There are some stories where the gender of the author translates into how the characters act. The Outsiders was written by a woman about a group of teenage boys and the characters, for being in a gang had characteristics that were not traditional masculine. There were parts where the male...
  7. Theory Most "Out of Left Field" Theory you can think of!

    Madara is not really Madara, Madara is Izuna.
  8. Discussion Is Masashi Kishimoto Sexist?

    The comic I read said "Wow you really do have a pair". Even if it said "WOW! You're really weak! Are you really a guy?" Kishi is having his male characters talk the way most men talk. It's not exactly at the expense of women, It's more relating to the fact of life that men are generally always...
  9. Discussion Is Masashi Kishimoto Sexist?

    If someone were to tell a woman that they look like a man, how would they take it? Would they feel empowered? I'm sure if I told women that they looked like men they wouldn't take it as I'm saying they look powerful. All males make fun of other males by challenging their masculinity, it...
  10. Discussion Is Masashi Kishimoto Sexist?

    Or it could be that between men penis size is a measure of masculinity and Sai doubted Narutos.
  11. Discussion Is Masashi Kishimoto Sexist?

    I don't think that women are shown to be weak at all. Tsunade saved practically everyone in the entire village when it was wiped clean by Pein. Mizukage is the only character to date that has two bloodline abilities and would have killed Sasuke if not interrupted. In exception to where Kabuto...
  12. Discussion Is Masashi Kishimoto Sexist?

    As basing the work in some sort of reality, I don't think the "Men are generally always stronger than women" idea is wrong. It's probably the reason why in real life combatives there are no women that fight against male competitiors at the very top levels. I don't think Kishi is sexist at...
  13. Chapter Naruto 477 Discussion / 478 Predictions

    My assumption is this. Danzou has Shisuis' eye and perhaps his arm. I don't think Danzou is popping back in and out of the future, I think he's using what is Shisuis manipulation technique. I'm also going to go out on a limb and assume that like the other sharingan techniques there is a limit to...
Top