Recent content by CallumKeyblade

  1. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 8

    Yeah, I love Toriko but its rankings are really bizarre. The last two TOCs it had great rankings and then this week it is near the bottom. The quality is always good so I don't know why it bounces around so much.
  2. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 8

    Nice to see Toriko in the top 5. Wish its rankings were more consistent rather than jumping between the top 5 and near the bottom 5 all the time. Shame about World Trigger though as it had been doing decently for a bit. Very excited for more Iwashiro. Wonder if this will be added to ESJ?
  3. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 8

    The new series aren't ranked yet so it dropped 6 places but yeah, Toriko is all over the place. 8th > 3rd > 9th makes me think last week's rated chapter was exceptionally popular rather than this week's rated chapter being particularly unpopular.
  4. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 8

    Toriko in 3rd place; great to see it doing well.
  5. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    World Trigger has spent multiple weeks in the bottom 5 whereas Hinomaru Zumo has had one week where it is 4 spots above the bottom 5. Hinomaru's "struggles" are nothing compared to World Trigger's.
  6. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    World Trigger should have been cancelled pretty much every week by your logic but you claim it is going to be a jewel in the SJ crown & last for years. How can you not see the hypocrisy in your arguments?
  7. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    I don't think it's entirely the fault of Viz as Shueisha are more than likely playing their part. The JP publisher has far more influence in terms of who gets the rights to release what where. I'm sure Viz would love to be able to get money from all across the globe without having to do any...
  8. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    Breaking Bad's finale ratings were remarkable because the show was on the verge of cancellation for pretty much its entire run then gained loads of viewers for its last half season. It was not really a beloved show for most of its run and was ignored by nearly everyone. It would be like if a...
  9. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    I think superheroes are quite popular but more due to Marvel than manga. So the fact that MHA is the first superhero manga in Jump since Marvel became as popular as it is probably makes MHA quite appealing to readers. So when you combine this with the mangaka's improved storytelling abilities...
  10. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    This is the first week in ages that World Trigger has outranked Toriko so I'm not sure how you can claim World Trigger has been enjoying a wonderful performance whilst Toriko has been failing. "Hanging on due to tepid reception of newer series" is pretty much an exact description of World...
  11. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    I think a bad anime can definitely have a negative impact on a series' long run performance & stifle its growth, but I think it would be pretty rare for an anime to be so bad that the people already reading/buying the manga & voting for it in the TOC suddenly stop (which is what people were...
  12. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    By three days I meant if I read it nonstop with no sleep, breaks, etc as a volume takes me about an hour if I'm reading it properly and not just skimming through. :P The anime would obviously take even longer.
  13. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    I personally am put off by things if they're too long with no ending on the horizon. I started reading Naruto in 2013 because I knew the end was in sight but I can't face the prospect of 10+ years or whatever until the ending which is the situation with One Piece. Plus there are about three days...
  14. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    Obata illustrating an Ace Attorney-eqsue series would be beyond my wildest dreams. Hopefully Viz will grab it as they seem to be all over Obata & just had him over for NYCC.
  15. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    Could be the person giving out the info is a World Trigger fan? When World Trigger was bottom 5 we got bottom 5 but for the last two weeks when it rose slightly we've been given slightly more.
Top