Recent content by Chortles

  1. Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagabond 280 - 281 Discussion / 282 Prediction Thread Did not realize that about Hamill... on the other hand, supposedly he's Jon "Bones" Jones' greatest upcoming challenge. The reason for my Machida mention was because of Musashi specifically using the circle to represent the fighting...
  2. Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagabond 280 - 281 Discussion / 282 Prediction Thread For some reason, I think UFC's Lyoto Machida would really like this manga. XD As for Ittousai choosing that exact moment to move in, before Musashi could choose a "flight or fight" response to Ittousai's entering the circle... that's...
  3. Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagabond 278 Discussion / 279 Prediction Thread Heh, so Musashi was wondering the same thing... but LOL at the ending. The funny thing about "the circle" is, I'm actually reminded of a thread mentioning a similar concept (as a bubble) in Shotokan karate, and on the second page someone...
  4. Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagabond 276-277 Discussion / 278 Prediction Thread Anyone else seeing the significance of Sekishuusai's last line to Ittousai? In effect I interpreted it as, "Whether it was you or a giant bear, the result would be the same, so why would I quail at the idea of you slotting me?"
  5. Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagabond 266-267 Discussion / 268 Prediction Thread Generalist versus specialist, I suppose. Look at Musashi's father Shinmen Munisai: tenka musou, but also a dysfunctional father who shut out the world, had apparently no friends, and beyond raising Musashi for part of his life seems to...
  6. Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagabond 263-265 Discussion / 266 Prediction Thread My theory re: this abstract figure -- the inner voices of the featured characters, although the bit about "I must decapitate him!" threw me for a loop (since I thought only Ootagurou thought that). I must say though that "wasted" and...
  7. Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagabond 263-265 Discussion / 266 Prediction Thread Ueda of course is leaving out the bit about how the whole after after Seijurou and Denshichirou is on his head, of course... ;-) A hint as to what's going on may be seen by what he said in Chapter 260: * The "spiral of death and killing,"...
  8. Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    *Not spoiling #260 for anyone who has yet to get that far* Not at the moment it seems; then again, the next original (not the raw scan butt he print edition) won't be out until the end of the month at earliest it seems. Nevertheless, I am intrigued and wondering what that returning character is...
  9. Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagabond 258-260 Discussion / 261 Prediction Thread Whew, awesome. I'm certain I was correct though re: something being tied to November 28th as mentioned at the beginning of #260... I have to say, one thing I like about Inoue's mix of writing and art is that he perfectly set up things...
  10. Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagabond 258-260 Discussion / 261 Prediction Thread ... as in April 12, 2009? :blink
  11. Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    *Attempting a spoiler-free first post* *reads the raw* ... w-what the...! *at seeing who's BAAAAACK* Considering who apparently has just come back, and into Otsu's room no less, I expect quite the "little chat"... Oh, and apparently it'll be a month before Morning #48 comes out with Chapter...
Top