Recent content by cosmocall

  1. cosmocall

    Favorites Magi Favorite Pairings!

    Oh gosh, ahh, Hakumor was actually my very first big Magi ship and while I've kind of lost confidence in it, I am hoping they'll be able to reconcile realistically and maybe pick up from there? Tbh Alikou's the only thing I'm really invested in atm but I do have a soft spot for the occasional...
  2. cosmocall

    Favorites Magi Favorite Pairings!

    I had to look back but yeah, you're right, Morgiana freed herself but then would've gotten herself captured again (and killed this time) if Aladdin hadn't been among the prisoners she was releasing. And ahh, thank you, tbh I find myself agreeing with you quite a bit in this thread, hahaha.
  3. cosmocall

    Favorites Magi Favorite Pairings!

    Yeah, pretty much this. A few characters who don't spend a lot of time with her have claimed Morgiana is clever (which her 1001 Nights counterpart actually was), but she hasn't really done anything to back up those claims. Hell, she was even stupid enough to get herself captured by slave traders...
  4. cosmocall

    Favorites Magi Favorite Pairings!

    Nah, if it were blushing alone, that wouldn't be much of an argument. Just gonna quote myself, since you seem to have missed everything I've said. Also, I forgot to mention this in my first post, but in the last line of the Kougyoku panel above, she refers to Alibaba as her "benefactor"...
  5. cosmocall

    Favorites Magi Favorite Pairings!

    Tbh I'd hope she wouldn't suddenly be uncomfortable around him if something like that was really confirmed. For me, the appeal of their relationship overall is that Kougyoku finally found someone she can be herself with (and not be manipulated by or made fun of), so having her character regress...
  6. cosmocall

    Favorites Magi Favorite Pairings!

    It's implied p. strongly that Kougyoku's feelings for Alibaba aren't ~*purely*~ platonic anymore, though, so like idek what you guys are on about at this point. I'm not sure how it could be hinted at any more obviously than if she straight up said "hey, I like you, but I also kinda like you-like...
  7. cosmocall

    Favorites Magi Favorite Pairings!

    Disregarding how disgusting it is to say falling in love with someone is somehow "not pure," because I ain't even gonna touch that shit, Alibaba didn't really have time to think about much of anything during 2014, Year of the Endless Flashbacks. And even then, he actually does have his...
  8. cosmocall

    Favorites Magi Favorite Pairings!

    While I would agree that there's not much to indicate Alibaba sees her as anything other than a friend, there is a panel in chapter 210 that implies he's having a hard time refusing the offer of marriage to her in particular, I believe Sense translated it as "it would be easier if you were a...
  9. cosmocall

    Favorites Magi Favorite Pairings!

    Not sure what this has to do with shipping but That's not true at all, tbh. While Magi is far from a direct adaption, quite a bit of the series was inspired by 1001 nights, especially during the early arcs.
  10. cosmocall

    Favorites Magi Favorite Pairings!

    Responding to a few random things at once, sorry if this seems disjointed! Sorry to nitpick, but in the original Forty Thieves story, Morgiana actually married Ali Baba's son. Not only was Ali Baba an older man (I don't believe it mentions how old exactly, but old enough to have a son of...
  11. cosmocall

    Chapter Magi 233 Discussion/234 Predictions

    Well, Ohtaka did say last week that she's finished drawing Alma Torran arc and has resumed working on the story in the current timeline, but I don't believe we actually know how many chapters ahead of what's being printed in Sunday she is. I think it was Eiichiro Oda who said he had a backlog of...
  12. cosmocall

    Hangout Magi ~ Labyrinth of Magic Hangout Thread

    Honestly, I would assume she doesn't still love him. She essentially said "it's over," didn't see him for a year, and then had no reaction to him when she finally did see him again. I imagine she's still somewhat loyal to Sindria, though, even though her infatuation with Sinbad has cooled.
Top