Recent content by Crescent's Torment

  1. Chapter Bleach 401 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 401 Discussion/402 Predictions Well, I am not particularly fond of this chapter. The Hougyoku essentially is "A Wizard Did It" incarnate; that's simply poor storytelling. At least Kubo attempted to place some (probably tentative) limitations on it, though that probably won't last. I...
  2. Chapter Bleach 400 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 400 Discussion/401 Predictions I don't consider it a plothole, as there are plenty of reasons why the Hougyoku can behave like it does. Until we learn its mechanisms, then there is simply no reason to think either Aizen or Isshin is stronger. I don't see how a gigantic orb of doom...
  3. Chapter Bleach 400 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 400 Discussion/401 Predictions I actually agree with all that. What we seem to be disagreeing on is why Isshin was capable of pushing Aizen to his limit. I think the debates on this forum would be better of if people would acknowledge that we really have no idea why Isshin was...
  4. Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    I guess that's where you and I differ. I love when antagonists are able to mop the floor with everyone just because they're that good. Villains who either rival or are less powerful than the protagonist tend to bore me, as I think main villains should have an overpowering effect throughout the...
  5. Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    The same thing you praise Naraku for (being hit, retreating then coming back strong/taking away his opponent's advantages) I thought made him into a far weaker antagonist and less impressive antagonist. Naraku has a very lame backstory to me, but Aizen is mysterious. Aizen is a far more...
  6. Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

    I always liked the idea Kubo was going to reveal everyone's bankai at the final battle...sort of like the last moments of a fireworks display. As far your explanation of the interview, I think one line about Bleach not ending is not a very good indication of whether or not Aizen will be the...
  7. Chapter Bleach 400 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 400 Discussion/401 Predictions That, or it's all part of Aizen's plan. We won't know until the end of the arc just how to properly gauge Aizen and Isshin's strength. The Hougyoku's mechanisms are unknown. For all we know, it might be part of the Hougyoku's fusion process that a...
  8. Chapter Bleach 400 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 400 Discussion/401 Predictions Are you conflating the end of this arc with the demise of Aizen (just because an arc ends does not mean the villain in the arc also ends), or do you actually have some citation that has Kubo stating that Aizen is not the "last villain"? If so, I'd...
  9. Chapter Bleach 400 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 400 Discussion/401 Predictions I am hoping Aizen will have a "End of Hypnosis" style ending, with him pwning everyone and killing/seriously injuring Urahara and Isshin, his death being the catalyst for the mini-arc that I believe is coming up after the current one ends. I hope...
  10. Chapter Bleach 400 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 400 Discussion/401 Predictions I wrote a post in another thread about how to properly interpret any decent story, and I think one main points is relevant in this thread regarding Aizen's fights. A lot of the fights, and the fighters' respect power levels and abilities, we see in...
  11. Chapter Bleach 400 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 400 Discussion/401 Predictions Not if he gets the pay off of a becoming a supreme being once the Hogyoku has had its fill. There is probably a reason why Aizen chose this time to use it, and it might have something to do with Isshin and Urahara arriving. It's best not to call...
  12. Chapter Bleach 400 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 400 Discussion/401 Predictions Using this battle as a gauge for Aizen's or Isshin's strength is just poor reasoning. There are too many confounding variables that throws a kink into drawing any firm conclusions. The Hogyoku's mechanism behind healing is simply unknown presently...
  13. Chapter Bleach 400 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 400 Discussion/401 Predictions Well, this debate is getting a bit ridiculous. There is no evidence presently to make any assumptions about Isshin's power or his limitations since there is literally no indication how the Hougyoku's healing abilities work when it's merged with someone...
  14. Chapter Bleach 400 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 400 Spoiler Discussion I have a pet theory that this is really a gambit by Aizen to get Urahara and Isshin onto the battlefield (really...I don't see how Aizen couldn't have foreseen them teaming up considering how much he apparently knows about Urahara and Ichigo, and, by virtue of...
  15. Chapter Bleach 398 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 398 Spoiler Discussion I'm afraid I find such reasoning, to be honest, less than compelling since Kubo may have wanted to get Aizen out of the way in a funny way, or to show that Isshin is indeed a powerful opponent. All Kubo had to do was get Aizen out of the way, and he chose...
Top