Recent content by [Cross]

  1. [Cross]

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    Sporting Salt has something of a unique concept, but I feel the execution is all over the place, eventually settling for something that is ferociously mediocre. The art feels rather average as well, so I'm not surprised at all that it's sitting on the bottom. Can't say I know much about...
  2. [Cross]

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    Haha, I never thought I'd see the day... Quite the interesting list, at least at the end there.
  3. [Cross]

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    While I think that may have affected things more in the past, nowadays I feel it's a combination of that and the issue I brought up earlier. One Piece's cartoony style puts it at odds with Bleach/Naruto because it looks a little more kiddy at first glance. It kinda botched its launch in NA and...
  4. [Cross]

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    The character designs and art style appeal more to the mainstream. One of the "negative points" I often hear from people about One Piece is that they don't like the art style. It leans less towards a "bishounen" aesthetic and is more cartoony than Bleach and Naruto. While I don't agree with...
  5. [Cross]

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    Pretty hyped for this new Obata manga. Glad it's something that we haven't really seen much of before (or at all) in Jump. Kinda curious if it will go the full Phoenix Wright route (they're even copying the pose here) and be as over the top. I guess it'll depend on who this "newcomer" is. Kinda...
  6. [Cross]

    Mag Talk JUMP SQ News and Discussion (2014 - 2021)

    Hooo, looks rather fun. Can't wait until December. I guess it's a sports oneshot, huh. I forget that every one of these oneshots are themed around a word.
  7. [Cross]

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    So... Naruto is ending this week (ostensibly). The closer we get to it, the more I feel I'm gonna miss it, regardless of how bad its gotten lately.
  8. [Cross]

    Mag Talk JUMP SQ News and Discussion (2014 - 2021)

    The two one shots or the nine? Either way, raws should be out soon so it shouldn't be too long. Since I'll be dealing with nisio's oneshot in jump first and TLRD, I'll probably get to Editing the SQ ones some time next week (hopefully).
  9. [Cross]

    Mag Talk JUMP SQ News and Discussion (2014 - 2021)

    Oh, I'm not passing judgement on the series as a whole, I'm just saying the scene looks bad. Things can have problematic elements to them and still be consumable (though something like this does give me pause).
  10. [Cross]

    Mag Talk JUMP SQ News and Discussion (2014 - 2021)

    Well this is a tricky line. For sure, his character could lend himself to doing such actions, but I think the problem is in how the author chooses to portray it. I mean, regardless of context, the scene where he gropes her looks like it's being played for fanservice.
  11. [Cross]

    Mag Talk JUMP SQ News and Discussion (2014 - 2021)

    There's somewhat of a distinct difference. Not to say that one is better than the other, they're both pretty bad. The fanservice itself isn't what's being questioned (by me at least, because it's almost comparable to TLRD) but rather, the intent. The guy in Nightmare Funk is purposefully doing...
  12. [Cross]

    Mag Talk JUMP SQ News and Discussion (2014 - 2021)

    Yeah... that's pretty gross.
  13. [Cross]

    Mag Talk JUMP SQ News and Discussion (2014 - 2021)

    That's more or less exactly what it seems like. To which I'm almost sort of glad, because then the oneshots can feel like contained stories as opposed to those that are being field tested for a longer serial run. But yeah... dang, that's a lot of oneshots... thankfully they're being spread out...
  14. [Cross]

    Mag Talk JUMP SQ News and Discussion (2014 - 2021)

    Just occurred to me that Nisio's oneshots on SQ are coming out near the time of his oneshot in jump. So much nisio...
  15. [Cross]

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 7

    There are quite a number of suggestive scenes (thus the reason why it (presumably) hasn't been circulated in English Shonen Jump until now). Are we reading the same manga? Well either way, I can't imagine we'll get too much censoring for the anime, I mean, these key moments are kinda the blood...
Top