Recent content by De La Croissant

  1. De La Croissant

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    New thread, huh? 2020 already, here we go. Zippo's art and protagonist were more appealing for me than Zipman!!'s. But the "relationship" with the robot suit can be interesting. Did the japanese readers like it? I had left Kimetsu on hold because the writing was repeating itself too much. With...
  2. De La Croissant

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    It's possible, the plot structure is very similar to that used in Bleach. Someone here read "The Right Way to Make Jump!"? Is it worth it?
  3. De La Croissant

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    *For some reason I'm not receiving notification. Anyway, with the high budget movie that Ufotable is making, I can see the series easily jumping to second place in the magazine.
  4. De La Croissant

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    The Overhaul arc serialization was a mess, Horikoshi was sick I think, reading weekly was terrible, too many breaks, but the sales increased. Anyway, selling a million per volume as in the old days is almost impossible, at least for physical sales. When it happened with AssClass, it was a shock...
  5. De La Croissant

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I'm kind of busy but every time I check the ToC somehow Neverland has a cover. Must have topped One Piece this year. And speaking of topping things, from the numbers I've been seeing it seems that Kimetsu surpassed BnHA sales. Manga, BD, popularity...And it only took 1 season. Don't play with...
  6. De La Croissant

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I liked the opening and the final half. Everything else was just ok.
  7. De La Croissant

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Yeah, seeing those numbers makes it clear that TPN will beat MHA pretty quickly.
  8. De La Croissant

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Oh, hey. I'm late. Happy new year, guys. Anything interesting happened in the last few weeks?
  9. De La Croissant

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I thought it was a mistranslation.
  10. De La Croissant

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    MEH. I don't particularly like the digital effects.
  11. De La Croissant

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Maybe it has improved now, but based on the 25 chapters I read, the story had a lot of plot points and introductions without the proper build up, which makes them feel kind of random. And the MC is still the one-dimensional "I want to be strong just because the author said so" guy. It's not bad...
  12. De La Croissant

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    My opinion about Jujutsu remains the same from the beginning: the author has style, but the writing lacks polish. Most of the time everything is rushed and confusing.
  13. De La Croissant

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    The author of Chainsaw Man has some cool visual ideas, but he doesn't know how to build them properly, so he just throws them page by page. As a result, the motivations and the characters end up too thin for me to care about what is happening.
Top