Recent content by DiligentSage

  1. Anime Naruto Shippuuden 135-136

    I'm not sure why everyone is up in arms about the flashbacks in 135. IMO, they were much more nuanced than the equivalent Part I episode, and the foreshadowing for the upcoming fight was superb. For the casual viewer (which I admittedly am not, but it is who this is marketed to), it was...
  2. Chapter One Piece 564 Discussion / 565 Prediction

    ^I doubt anything happens to Ace in the near-future. Honestly, his sole purpose is to keep the pirates charging towards the platform and thus run into Sengoku's trap. Kill Ace and you kill the pirates' motivation for going forward and also WB probably goes berserk and annihilates the island...
  3. Anime Naruto Shippuuden ep 123 Discussion

    I can't honestly imagine why people believe the pile of garbage we've been treated to in terms of animation for the past six or so episodes is better than this. The fluidity they add far makes up for the lack of detail (largely by making battle scenes much better to watch), which by itself is a...
  4. Anime Bleach EP 231 Discussion

    Nice how this episode offhandedly confirmed that Ukitake/Kyouraku/Unohana are the three strongest captains with the exception of Yamamoto. Now though, I really want to see Ryujin Jakka's form. It must be seriously badass to 1) say "f*** you" to Muramasa 2) require Muramasa's strongest zanpakuto...
  5. Anime naruto shippuden episode 117

    Can't believe people are trying to defend the animation. It's hilariously bad. The animation in the Sasuke and Suigetsu vs. horde of CS2 people fight was so poor I fell out of my seat laughing at it. Next episode -- at least from the preview -- looks slightly better. Hope the producers woke up...
  6. Anime Naruto Shippuuden Episode 116 Discussion

    The filler they're adding is fine; it's not like it's detracting from the main plot. The animation quality is simply garbage now. I mean, even Bleach on its down days produces better stuff than this crap. Suigetsu is drawn absolutely horribly. I wouldn't have a problem with much of the stuff...
  7. Bleach EP 226 Discussion

    Re: Bleach episode 226 Discussion Yamamoto's slicing of Allon in half made up for the rest of the episode almost single-handedly, as Allon's halves falling around him while he stood there was sick. The censorship doesn't bother me that much because I knew it was going to happen. The snippet of...
  8. Bleach EP 225 Discussion

    Re: Bleach Episode 225 Discussion Censorship in this one was awful. Completely erased any feeling of fear or anticipation at Allon's power. It's such a strange transition too. In the SS arc, we had people losing quarts of blood (*cough* Kenpachi *cough*) by the minute in graphic detail, and now...
  9. Anime Naruto Shippuuden Episode 113 Discussion

    I'm not going to complain that much about the animation until we get to the next episode, which almost certainly will have an extended fight sequence between cursed seal level two Sasuke and Orochimaru that didn't exist in the manga. If animation for that is crap, then I'll be annoyed. The new...
  10. Strongest shinobi alive

    Re: Top 10 of the strongest living shinobis Tsunade below Kakashi? I thought it was implied that each of the Sannin were more powerful than any present ninja (at least when they were introduced). Anyhow, it's too difficult to get any sort of a real gauge on who is more powerful than who...
  11. Anime Naruto Shippuuden Ep 108

    This is getting atrociously bad. It'd be okay if this was done in about ten episodes or so, but it's stretching the limits of our tolerance to extend the storyline this long when it's this vacuous and lacking any real plot whatsoever. The disparity between the Bleach filler arcs and this garbage...
  12. Bleach EP 218 Discussion

    Superb episode. Kira's beheading of Avirama was one of the scenes I greatly enjoyed in the manga, and the anime handled it well (aside from Avirama recovering for one last attack, which I agree felt tacked on and unnecessary). Music created the atmosphere I expected at the scene, and the fight...
Top