Recent content by Esc.

  1. Esc.

    One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 73)

    Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 60) Holy crap that's awesome. You can really see the improvement in Oda's art, it could be just the scans of course, or the different coloring utensils. But also, you can see the character growth. Man, it started out with those three. Still...
  2. Esc.

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2 OP cover is sweet. Can't wait for it. :amuse
  3. Esc.

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2 Beelze isn't that low actually. I mean, with all the colors and the cover, it's place in the ToC is considered the 7th slot, if I'm correct. But it's true, it's 3rd up from the bottom 5. But anyway, One Piece next week is gonna...
  4. Esc.

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2 Light Wing's cover page looks pretty nice, gotta say. Best news I've heard from jump all year are these one-shots. :D 2010, the first 40 weeks are not going to be missed at all, and with the ending drawing closer and closer, I...
  5. Esc.

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2 Yes, the art in Enigma looks very nice. I like it, to be honest. In some cases, the art is what'll get the series the votes. If the story's decent than people will still like it because of the art. Although, Double Arts was still...
  6. Esc.

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2 I have to agree with StrangerAtaru. Although, if a series is meant for greatness, it'll climb to the top no matter what the costs are. I hope I see a translation of Enigma at some point, I kinda wanna see what it's about.
  7. Esc.

    Discussion Classic Manga and Mangaka

    Naturally, Go Nagai and Osamu Tezuka, and all the these great mangaka's were the strongest of the pioneers, inspired many people in many fields. For me, it's a shame that I can't find all of their series. I tried looking into 'The Phoenix' (which I really wanted to get into), but I couldn't find...
  8. Esc.

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    People will never forget Dragonball. Let's face it, it finished 1995 and there are still things popping up for it. Name Drops everywhere, merchandise and new series. Series like those become legendary and we constantly look to them as our inspiration. Other series that have survived the new age...
  9. Esc.

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    I particularly love reading the oldies. I know it's a long shot, but I still hope for some Ring ni Kakero to be translated. That series hasn't even seen a license if I'm correct. StrangerAtaru's Kochikame chapters were very nice too, although it'd be too much to ask for all of them. xD
  10. Esc.

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk After Muhyo and then Neuro, all the mystery had left Jump. I feel like Mago is kinda fitting those placements though. But yea, first thing besides a new sport is a mystery/suspense. Gag wouldn't be so bad either, one that lasts longer...
  11. Esc.

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk IMO, developing new characters should really be the most favorite part of a mangaka's job. When we look at One Piece, Oda has done an amazing job at aligning characters for a small crew based on each necessary position, not going over the...
  12. Esc.

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk Captain Tsubasa was overly popular if I remember correctly. Along with Takahashi's other works to it. I don't see how soccer could actually be that unpopular really. The Japanese have always done amazing in Fifa (although that's probably...
  13. Esc.

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk Indeed. As for the order of who's out first, it'd probably move accordingly: Shonen Shikku Metalica SWOT Oumagadoki Just my guess of course.
  14. Esc.

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk Amano Akira's disciple? If the art is anything similar to Reborn than I'll definitely read it. :amuse So, in the end, both SWOT and Oumagadoki were in the bottom 5. hmm. Toriko and Bakuman slowly overthrowing one of the big 3?
  15. Esc.

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk The only thing I found by Shinkai Hideo was the one-shot "Dodge the Ball" back in 2007: http://mangahelpers.com/m/dodge-the-ball Can someone tell me about the other author? I can't seem to find any of his works. btw, are they really...
Top