Recent content by esdawg

  1. Chapter The Breaker : New Waves 118 Discussion/ 119 Predictions

    Slightly tangential. But does anyone think Shion needs a haircut? He had the death stare this chapter but I think a big part of it comes from how he lifted the bangs off of his forehead. It makes me think that he'd look more mature and intimidating with a short hair cut.
  2. Chapter The Breaker : New Waves 70 Discussion

    Re: The Breaker: New Waves 70 Spoiler Thread I wouldn't say Shion needs to man up. It's more like he's manning up but his shattered Ki center means he's severely hamstrung in how much he can "man up".
  3. Chapter The Breaker : New Waves 67 Discussion

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 67 Discussion / 68 Predictions Shion's problem in my eyes is the fact that he saw the noble side of 9AD that even 9AD had thought he'd lost. That contrasts with the immense anger and bitterness 9AD holds against the Murim world. Something that only went out of...
  4. Chapter The Breaker : New Waves 60 Discussion

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 60 Discussion / 61 Predictions This probably has been raised before but I definitely like how the writers portrayed Kwon. He's this old hard ass that came across as a self centered power monger. But as we've seen the writers did a great job revealing how he cares...
  5. Chapter The Breaker : New Waves 59 Discussion

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 59 Discussion / 60 Predictions @ Hiro Hayase - I thought the same thing. I think most of the SUC's top brass are outcasts or excommunicates from a variety of schools. They're a group of martial artists that got fed up with the way the Murim world works and the...
  6. Consistency in The Breaker

    The whole genius thing with Shion kinda irks me, but that's not a big deal. I do like how the entire narrative feels more tightly woven. from what I've heard the authors plan on making this a 3 part series and it shows. You can tell that character appearances and actions are intentional...
  7. Manhwa The Breaker by Geuk-Jin Jeon and Jin-Hwan Park

    Holy crap I didn't realize Freezing's author came from Korea. I like it more already. I do have to say though . . . Aoi's gotta rank as one of the more aggravating male leads I've seen. Despite Shiwon starting out as a pussy and coward he has really developed into a determined kid that at...
  8. Discussion God and the idea of evil

    I do not think the Idea of Evil / God actually is Evil in itself. With the Idea of Evil/God I feel like the author wanted to hit on the idea of how humans create religion. In this case by ironically stating that human nature and its spirit to actually loop back and create a real God. Let's...
  9. Chapter The Breaker : New Waves 40 Discussion

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 40 Discussion / 41 Predictions Whoa those two translations completely change the implications of that line. I kinda liked the incorrect translation due to how it added another angle to the whole situation. But I do think the old lady trying to help mend Shiwon's...
  10. Share your theories about what's "Wrong" with Amestris' alchemy

    As far as the golden haired sages go. I figured Van Hohenheim taught Alchemy to Xing in one of his flashbacks we even see him being saved by Xing people. This also explains why he didn't really have a background in Amestris till about 100 years ago, he hadn't gone there yet. Being he had no...
  11. Chapter Bleach 287 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 287 Predictions 2 things about the power levels 1) Dordonni. With Ichigo's Shikai vs Dordonni's Bankai, we saw Ichigo's butt getting handed to him. Bankai vs Released Dordonni seemed to favor Ichigo by a decent amount. A Shinigami's, Shikai -> Bankai gives a far sharper...
  12. Favorites Our Most and Least Favorite Characters - and why

    Re: Your favourite male character I'll get lynched for this, but I think Sasuke's way over rated. He's cool, I'll admit that, but he irks me with that "I'm better than you and too cool" attitude he has going. Never liked those types. Naruto is annoying sometimes and pretty dense. But his...
  13. Naruto and his Arsenal of Jutsu

    Re: What weapon should naruto use? I think swords are cool but they're soooo over used nowadays. Wanna be cool? Oh hear's a sword! I think the Fist-a-cuffs / knives that Asuma used are pretty much Shikamaru's trademark now. I think a Spear or Polearm would be pretty cool as well as being...
  14. Chapter 330 Discussion [Naruto]

    What is this world coming to? Promoting a 15 year old to smoke cigarettes tsk tsk. :p Hmmm at least Naruto can push out one more piece of merchandise. Naruto brand cigarettes made with 100% natural tobacco. Available in 2 types: Chuunin (lights) and Jounins
  15. Chapter 250 Discussion [Bleach]

    Heard someone mention the recent chapters have been kind of boring. I actually like this chapter, thought it was pretty humorous. I like how Doldoni came across as a completely inept moron but then caught Ichigo off guard. The reference to Don Kanonoji earlier in the chapter is fitting with that...
Top