Recent content by Espling

  1. Espling

    Shounen Hoop Men by Kawaguchi Yukinori

    Re: [NEWCOMER] Hoop Men by Kawaguchi Yukinori ^It's actually kind of an interesting starting point for the story, having his magic pass, since it opens up for more team-work, rather than just him owning his opponents. I've started to find the main character increasingly annoying, which might be...
  2. Espling

    Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shounen Mag by Shogakukan) That's Shounen Sunday Super isn't it? It say renewal, too, but it's still a different mag, right?
  3. Espling

    Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shounen Mag by Shogakukan) I've started reading some Sunday mangas and I'm quite surprised. I've always liked Adachi, so that was a postive thing to start with, but then Major also took my by surprise. Only read the first thirteen chapters as of yet and it's a damn...
  4. Espling

    How did you come across MangaHelpers?

    I wanted my fix of Bakuman, but found so much more. Nice little place, really.
  5. Espling

    Archived The Hangout Thread v.12

    Is this the place for pointless questions such as this one? Since, sometimes, you've just got to ask them. I don't know... I'd guess that in one year it'll stop the melting, but keep down for awhile. Afterwards we might have a sudden explosion of growth, there's certainly potential for it...
  6. Espling

    Shounen Hoop Men by Kawaguchi Yukinori

    Re: [NEWCOMER] Hoop Men by Kawaguchi Yukinori I find it interesting that Satou, even though being able to speak English rather fluently, he is still shocked by the cultural differences in wording, politeness and such. Shouldn't he have noticed these before? He is however right when he points...
  7. Espling

    Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shounen Mag by Shogakukan) This is way too much awesome at once... New Adachi? New Adachi?! I've been waiting so long for my fix... Doesn't seem like they've released a name for it, nor even told us what sport will be centric? Now the fishing begins.
  8. Espling

    Discussion How Would You Deal With...

    Global terrorism is something I find irrelevant and a symptom, rather than a disease. Islamic Fundamentalism sounds really weird to bring up. Religion has always been a problem and will always be a problem, but I believe that most religions are declining in amount of believers, we just need to...
  9. Espling

    Help Request a Full Translation Check

    Re: First translation done, need som criticism Thanks for taking your time. It was generally the things I thought were sketchy that were noted upon, so at least I'm going the right direction.
  10. Espling

    Favorites What is your favorite Manga of all time?

    Re: What is the Greatest Manga of all time? 20th century boys, Monster and Berserk are mu three favorites, but choosing between them isn't easy. But I agree, with most of the others, it's not possible to decide something like this, even if you've got every manga in the world on the list. Though...
  11. Espling

    Shounen Hoop Men by Kawaguchi Yukinori

    Re: [NEWCOMER] Hoop Men by Kawaguchi Yukinori I kind of like it, but I might be a bit biased, being one of my first translations as it is. There's a lot of potential in the Josh+Satou duo, but it never got any real work done on it in the first chapter. Satou was quite a bastard towards the poor...
  12. Espling

    Help Request a Full Translation Check

    Hoop Men Chapter 01 Man! long chapter, hope somebody's got energy enough to look this over. I've been experimenting with charactization and such, but I don't know if it worked out that well. This is my second translation, it took quite some time, but I'm quite happy with it. I think my style...
  13. Espling

    Help Request a Full Translation Check

    First translation done, need som criticism I've done a translation of Yotsubato! Chapter 22. Motivation behind this choice was purely based on convenience. I happen to own volume 4 of the manga, it was the first chapter of the volume, and it seemed to be something good for a beginner to try...
  14. Espling

    Life 25 or 50 Things About Yourself...

    I'll have a go 1. I play paper and pen roleplaying games 2. I believe that 300 is the pinnacle of creation 3. I'm a big fan of Sartre 4. My PS2 is my most prized possession 5. I've got hobbit feet. 6. I play the piano 7. I am a complete atheist 8. I believe that religious people are STRANGE 9...
  15. Espling

    Introduction Thread - Part 2

    The name's John and I'm a to-be-translator. I've been searching for any group that'd recruit me for a time *hint hint*, though my lack of experience might make things a bit difficult at first. That said, any advice would be appreciated, but don't give me a novel of good-to-knows, then learning...
Top