Recent content by Fate_Archer

  1. Fate_Archer

    Shounen Soukyuu no Ariadne by Norihiro Yagi

    Started this a couple days ago. Been sleeping on what Yagi-sensei has been up to ever since Arcadia of the Moonlight. I'm happy the series has been greenlit and has plenty of chapters already. What I'm noticing is that it's under a different publisher, so Yagi and Shueisha parted ways (or at...
  2. Fate_Archer

    Hangout Berserk General Discussion Thread

    That's a lot of very interesting information smokeesid, thanks for your reply. I was assuming that Buddhism was the framework you were using, but forgot that Buddhism itself was born in an environment and time where Hinduism was the leading religion and influence (and Buddhism itself has been...
  3. Fate_Archer

    Hangout Berserk General Discussion Thread

    It took me a while and a bunch of re-reads of your second paragraph to realize you seem to be either doing a parallel or equalling the way the armor works with what I imagine would be buddhist or similar teachings. Interesting way to see it, although I think it's actually simpler than that. I...
  4. Fate_Archer

    Shounen Claymore by Norihiro Yagi

    Yeah, I remember The Witcher games and franchise being a common recomendation by some Claymore fans, either in here or perhaps even going back. The most recent game looks great and is very critically acclaimed right now.
  5. Fate_Archer

    Hangout Berserk General Discussion Thread

    I don't think it has lost direction either. The goal was always to reach Elfhelm (or Elf island), the safe haven to cure Caska and keep her safe. From there on the story would supposedly reach an important turning point. If we look at Joseph Campbell's structure of monomyth, Berserk as an epic...
  6. Fate_Archer

    Shounen Arcadia of the Moonlight by: Norihiro Yagi

    Curious to know about the details of what's happening on WSJ too. I'm aware the pace to make a serialization on the magazine drives authors insane, and there must be quite some competition around to get onboard. If I recall from one of his latest interviews, one question went on how Yagi...
  7. Fate_Archer

    Shounen Claymore by Norihiro Yagi

    Late to the party, but not by much this time around. Happy to see something new from Yagi-sensei. Just found out and read the oneshot chapter. Made some notes of my initial thoughts as I was reading it, so this should be interesting to share: 1) On the very first few panels we see something...
  8. Fate_Archer

    Shounen Claymore by Norihiro Yagi

    One thing that I like a lot about the anime box arts is their background. Every single one of them is gorgeous. The gloomy and misty forest background on the Ophelia one passes such a great atmosphere.
  9. Fate_Archer

    Shounen Claymore by Norihiro Yagi

    Yeah, from what I could see from the website it seems to be the case. I was aware there were those who had the hobby to paint figures, or maybe even produce them down to the mold or prototype. I don't understand much of this hobby, but it's certainly a craft of very skilled and passionate...
  10. Fate_Archer

    Shounen Claymore by Norihiro Yagi

    I remember a really well done Galatea figure popping up way back in the Animesuki days, but it was custom made by someone. Perhaps it could have been that one. It could explain the price as well if it's the same figure. Edit: Well, had a blast from the past looking into the old Claymore board...
  11. Fate_Archer

    Shounen Claymore by Norihiro Yagi

    This is actually a short manga series, the name is in the image itself, Biotop by Hatopopoko. It's untranslated, and I don't know much else from it, besides getting a certain Claymore feeling about it (the story should be heavily different of course, but this particular image is quite...
  12. Fate_Archer

    Seinen Vinland Saga by Makoto Yukimura

    Old comment, but an interesting point. Agreed. Indeed, no disarmed man is a match against any kind of formidable clawed beast (bear, lion, tiger, hell even a decent sized leopard can tore a healthy man to pieces). I didn't mind the scene too much, and I think it served just to remind us how...
  13. Fate_Archer

    Shounen Claymore by Norihiro Yagi

    Chronicles of a true Claymore fan!! I enjoyed reading your account, TStew. Not to take the merit of many of ourselves, who have been discussing Claymore for years and always had a very special connection with this amazing series. Yours was certainly a very unique approach, and your dedication to...
  14. Fate_Archer

    Shounen Claymore by Norihiro Yagi

    It's been ages. Even though I found worthy replacements for my invested series in Vinland Saga and Berserk, Claymore is still missed. There was something special about waiting for a new Claymore chapter every month, with the odd post on the community discussions. I haven't even finished reading...
  15. Fate_Archer

    Shounen Claymore by Norihiro Yagi

    Haha, seems like you had quite the Claymore experience, also with the limit crossing and getting stronger from your previous racing. :^_^ I'm happy everything ended up going well for you but take care and take it easy! As we know from the story and that may certainly apply to our lives, we...
Top