Recent content by ferdinbeer

  1. ferdinbeer

    Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 161 & 162 Discussion / 163 Predictions

    I know, it's just... I'm sad. Give me back my octololi! :( On a more serious note, apologies in advance if I ever translated him as "she." His speech style is gender neutral.
  2. ferdinbeer

    Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 161 & 162 Discussion / 163 Predictions

    haven't been here in a while, haven't kept up with Nanatsu to be honest but just wanted to say... nooooo Octololi is a trap? D:
  3. ferdinbeer

    Hangout Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Hangout Thread

    this is partly my fault because I kept the Asian name order in my RH translations XD -> Suzuki Nakaba Switching Japanese given and surnames felt weird to me because of how I grew up with it back when I grew up in Japan.
  4. ferdinbeer

    Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 151 Discussion / 152 Predictions

    I really enjoyed Gil's reactions near the end of the chapter.
  5. ferdinbeer

    Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 150 Discussion / 151 Predictions

    Something I wanted to mention that I thought would be easy to miss as I was translating... The Dolor's Dance, passed down from chief to chief in the giants clan, bears the name of the ancestor of the giants clan first mentioned on this page of the Diane gaiden.
  6. ferdinbeer

    Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 143 Discussion / 144 Predictions

    Apologize to me... that you were born into a world where we forgot to add the "3" after 14 and therefore creating a dead link. Link fixed.
  7. ferdinbeer

    Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 142 Discussion / 143 Predictions

    Did anyone noticed Ban pouring Aberdeen ale on Zhivago's grave? I thought that was a nice touch. First mention of it was in Bandit Ban. Much feels.
  8. ferdinbeer

    Discussion King

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 40 Discussion/ 141 Predictions Upon double checking, fairies do refer to the big tree as "great tree" so please forget what I said. lol
  9. ferdinbeer

    Discussion King

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 40 Discussion/ 141 Predictions I'd have to double check this, but I believe the fairies use the term "sacred tree" and humans and other nonfairies use "great tree." I think the fairies hold the tree in reverence, while to non-fairies it's just a big tree.
  10. ferdinbeer

    Discussion King

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 40 Discussion/ 141 Predictions There are two terms: 神樹 (shinju) and 大樹 (taiju). 神: God, holy, sacred 大: Big, great 樹: Tree Where shinju is used, it's translated as "sacred tree" while for taiju, "great tree/gigantic tree/majestic tree" is used for translation. Example...
  11. ferdinbeer

    Discussion King

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 40 Discussion/ 141 Predictions That's an interesting theory. For what it's worth, I think you're reading too much into it and IMO the great tree and sacred tree refer to the same thing. If it turns out that you're right, I'll gladly eat my words. In this chapter though...
  12. ferdinbeer

    Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 136 Discussion/ 137 Predictions

    I disagree to be honest. I don't want a 700 chapter series like the big Jump titles where nothing seems to ever end and no one can follow what's going on anymore. My ideal length is less than 30 volumes.
  13. ferdinbeer

    Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 135 Discussion/ 136 Predictions - NO CHAPTER THIS WEEK; OBON

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 135 Discussion/ 136 Predictions If I recall correctly (I'm 99.99% sure of this), Zeldris uses 兄者 (Anija) which is a very respectful form of "older brother."
  14. ferdinbeer

    Nanatsu no Taizai 126.5 Diane's Gaiden Part 1 Discussion/ Part 2 Predictions

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 127 Discussion/ 128 Predictions Here's my crackpot theory. 1. Dolores is alive. We never saw her die. She was actually captured, not killed at the town she was guarding, by the bandits mentioned by Matrona. 2. Diane meets Meliodas again in their alliance with the Liones...
  15. ferdinbeer

    Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 126 Discussion/ 127 Predictions

    It's heavily implied that she's headed straight towards where the ten commies are currently resting. You can see the wreckage of Edinburgh castle in the background of the last page. http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/the_seven_deadly_sins/en/0/126/page/20
Top