Recent content by fosskers

  1. fosskers

    Chapter Bleach 395 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 395 Spoiler Discussion I'm just stoked that Yama used the stronger Kidou we've seen to date: 96
  2. fosskers

    Help Request a Full Translation Check

    Re: my practice thread Then you, sir, need a good dictionary.
  3. fosskers

    Question Naruto FAQs and Simple Q&A's <3

    Re: Naruto FAQs and Simple Q&A's It's written 変化. 変 : Root kanji of the verb "to change" 化 : Usually pronounced "ka", it means "transformation" among other things. Hope that helps.
  4. fosskers

    Help Request a Full Translation Check

    Re: my practice thread You could go for not being so literal. Regardless of the language, words all connect to something central. That is "meaning". If you can take sentences in Japanese and recognize their meaning, translating what it says by going word for word is not the best approach. Ask...
  5. fosskers

    The fosskers Thread

    I go to the University of Manitoba and I'm planning on a trip for next year, for the whole year.
  6. fosskers

    The fosskers Thread

    If I'm understanding what you're asking correctly, then I'll say that Kanji really is the key to knowing where breaks are in a sentence. Since Japanese has no gaps between words like English does, Kanji is really important there. A mistake a lot of beginner learners of Japanese tend to make is...
  7. fosskers

    Chapter Bleach -15 "Death in the Ice Field" Discussion

    Remember when the vice-captains assembled for the first time: 1. It was the first time we ever saw Hinamori. 2. It was the first time we ever saw Matsumoto 3. Renji said to Tetsuzaemon, "Who was her captain again?" and then "Oh ya, that kid genius." How would a vice-captain not know who...
  8. fosskers

    The fosskers Thread

    Name: fosskers Age: 21 Location: Winnipeg, Canada Occupation: University student Series Translations: Bleach, Variante, Naruto One shots: We Can Fly! Group: Maximum7 About Me: I started translating to supplement my language studies and I think it's a wonderful way to do so. I am currently the...
  9. fosskers

    Chapter Bleach 303 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 303 Predictions chubbs makes a good point, i was thinking about that yesterday actually. Byakuya was the perfect anti-zomari for a number of reasons 1. zomari has limited capacity for control. against anyone else, controlling 50 of ANYTHING would be major overkill. not so for...
  10. fosskers

    Chapter Bleach 303 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 303 Predictions Mayuri's Lieutenant: she was definitely there. I'm fairly sure for continuity's sake, they're going to kill Zaerupolo. Mayuri definitely has some tricks up his sleeve. Whats his new look about? It has to be something awesome. Winter War Not happening. Think about...
  11. fosskers

    Chapter Bleach 303 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 303 Predictions Keep in mind that they've been in Heuco Mundo for about 2 hours tops. Everything is happening in direct succession, it just seems like its taking a long time since it's only a chapter a week. Ulq won't be back for a while, probably. Ya, kenpachi cutting...
Top