Recent content by gatitcz

  1. Info Pactio Cards: Database & Discussion (Based On The Manga)

    An adiutor would be a helper, an aid, an assistant. Knowing Natsumi and how she calls herself a supporting role, I'd probably translate it as solitary supporter.
  2. Discussion 3-A Negi Love-Love Rankings

    Heh. You're right. Negi saving one girl or the other that has become par for the course to me, so I didn't even think about that. I still think there's been less than the Kyoto arc or the Mahora arc or even the first time they met the dragon, though. From this arc, I expect to see more of a...
  3. Discussion 3-A Negi Love-Love Rankings

    Nodoka hasn't really developed much, either, in addition to Craig coming onto the scene. Not that she seems to have much interest in Craig, but I wonder how that'll affect the rankings.
  4. Chapter Mahou Sensei Negima Volume 29 (259-267)

    Re: Mahou Sensei Negima Chapter 264 Spoiler Thread Al may very well be speaking literally, it wouldn't really surprise me, there are still a lot of questions about Asuna. However, you can read it as Al speaking metaphorically, too-- she's old for her age, her experiences have aged her. If...
  5. Chapter Mahou Sensei Negima Volume 29 (259-267)

    Re: Mahou Sensei Negima Chapter 264 Spoiler Thread I did have this theory that the Mage of the Beginning, who I assume created the world and probably Fate, was an ancestor of Asuna's, and the founder of the Vespertatia royal line. I may be completely wrong, but when Fate said that Negi could...
  6. Discussion Setsuna vs. Al -- Where's the difference in Pactios?

    It's probably just a plot device, but another possible reason: Kotaro said that Konoka's healing was an eastern-type spell when Negi cured his fever early in the MW arc (which really surprised me, those fans came from a western-style pactio, and she's been casting western-style spells since she...
  7. Info Pactio Cards: Database & Discussion (Based On The Manga)

    The Latin for "gladiator" is actually "gladiator, -oris," it's 3rd declension so if there were a female form it probably wouldn't change. Maybe gladiatrix... "Gladiator" itself comes from the Latin "gladius," which means sword. The -arius suffix, as well as the -ulus suffix if we ever run into...
Top