Recent content by GroggyFroggy

  1. Discussion Why isn't D. Gray Man more popular?

    Man, this post has gotten far more attention than I thought it would when I threw it onto the forums. I go away for a week and it actually has more than 8 replies when I get back. I see that as a good thing, along with the fact that none of the discussion has devolved into "OMG, DGM is teh...
  2. Discussion D.Gray-man Volume 10 (Ch. 87-97) Discussion

    Re: D.Gray-Man 087 Discussion Another great chapter of D. Gray Man and I'm kicking myself for once again not taking the time to download Timcanpi's copies of the manga onto disk so I can read them when the site goes down. I think what I liked best was that we finally get a glimpse of Noise...
  3. Discussion D.Gray-man Volume 09 (Ch. 77-86) Discussion

    Re: D.Gray-Man 086 Discussion I'm fairly certain that all of the Exorcists that Tiki killed before he got to Allen were just a matter of trying to locate those on the list and missing the mark. I forget the exact chapter, but when he's confronting Suman Dark, he is reading the backs of the...
  4. Discussion Why isn't D. Gray Man more popular?

    Oh, I'm not trying to say that D. Gray man is unpopular. I'm just trying to understand what keeps it from garnering the same attention as the Big Three. In my opinion, D. Gray Man AT LEAST has the same level of quality that make these other titles so well-known. So why isn't D. Gray Man more...
  5. Discussion Why isn't D. Gray Man more popular?

    I just finished reading the latest Naruto manga release and then I shifted over here to check out the latest postings (and of course to see if the new chapter was out). And what struck me once again was the overload of people examining the boards over there every minute of every day when this D...
  6. DGM Art Thread

    Re: D.Gray-Man Art thread I just checked the Blue Sky Fish link and the art is definitely worthwhile. I just found it funny that the link name is a reference to the Eureka Seven anime and yet it has nothing but D. Gray Man pictures. For anyone who hasn't checked it out yet (Eureka Seven) I'd...
  7. Discussion D.Gray-man Volume 09 (Ch. 77-86) Discussion

    Re: D.Gray-Man 085 Discussion This is technically something that happened in chapter 84, but as chapter discussion threads kind of die after a new chapter comes out, I wanted to mention it here. A little off topic on the whole "Innocence sync %" vein, but did anyone else notice on page 9 of 84...
  8. Discussion D.Gray-man Volume 09 (Ch. 77-86) Discussion

    Re: D.Gray-Man 085 Discussion Clown-o-phobia aside, I like how the clown reference tied in with an earlier part of Allen's character. As he mentioned waaaay back in the Rewinding Town arc, before his father died, he worked as a pierrot as part of his street performing act. Since a pierrot is...
  9. Discussion D.Gray-man Volume 09 (Ch. 77-86) Discussion

    Re: D.Gray-Man 084 Discussion I was just looking through some of the other posts and what caught my eye were the few where people speculated that the end of the Edo arc might be the end (or close to the end) of the series. Obviously no one aside from the mangaka herself knows how the story'll...
  10. Discussion D.Gray-man Volume 09 (Ch. 77-86) Discussion

    Re: D.Gray-Man 084 Discussion Since my job is one where I can goof off and read online manga so long as I keep up in my workload, I've spent the last two days re-reading D. Gray Man from the beginning. That and the sheer visual barrage of this chapter has made me realize that this manga is now...
  11. Discussion D.Gray-man Volume 09 (Ch. 77-86) Discussion

    Re: D.Gray-Man 083 Discussion I, too, am highly curious about what exactly is the nature of this Invocation. I'm waiting to see of this is something that emerges from Allen and acts as an independent entity or something that Allen turns into when Invocating. Just speculation, but I would swing...
  12. Discussion D.Gray-man Volume 09 (Ch. 77-86) Discussion

    Re: D.Gray-Man 083 Discussion I'm pretty sure that's correct (right hand (human) grabbing bolt, left hand (akuma) in front of Fou & Baku). I think it'll be more apparent once someone has a full-on Edited Manga available. Picture to script reference always seems clearer when you don't have to look...
Top