Recent content by HalcyonDigest

  1. HalcyonDigest

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 6

    those who have read yoakemono, does it bring forth any comparisons to one piece? i remember when the one shot first came out in jump vs there was some criticism over its similarity to the first chapter of one piece.
  2. HalcyonDigest

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    I guess it did have somewhat of an online presence. Originally I would have told you that online fanbases are of no importance to Jump, but seeing as this is a whole new project there is very little precedent as to what Jump wants to do with this. That being said I'd rather the author bring in a...
  3. HalcyonDigest

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Hmm... it seems kind of weird to me that Jump would wanna bring back Kiruko.
  4. HalcyonDigest

    Shounen Mutou Black by Nonoue Daijirou

    First chapter looked great, story-wise though I wasn't too crazy about it. As it's been mentioned it was just a pretty predictable first chapter full of stuff that's been done before. That being said I can't recall a single Jump action series that really grabbed me from the start, so when it...
  5. HalcyonDigest

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    What has that Yo Matsuyuki guy done before?
  6. HalcyonDigest

    Hangout The Music Thread

    Major props to the person who posted Destroyer. I saw them live a couple of years ago not too long after the release of Kaputt and they sounded great, mind you they were playing a festival and their sound doesn't exactly fit the festival setting, but it was definitely a great experience. Also...
  7. HalcyonDigest

    Shounen Soul Catcher(S) by Shinkai Hideo

    Re: [New] Soul Catcher(S) by Shinkai Hideo I've been excited about this for a while, I've always wanted to see how a Jump music series would turn out. That being said I wasn't too big on the initial chapter, the whole thing just seemed way to cheesy for my taste, the concept of heart lends...
  8. HalcyonDigest

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    An issue tends to be about 500 pages. The magazine opens up with some color pages regarding merchandise (video games, card games, tankobons) this also includes Jump SQ series. They also have some pages dedicated to non Jump related video games. Then the manga starts to show up. Towards the end...
  9. HalcyonDigest

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    I recall us regularly getting the issue after a double issue a week early, I think it had something to do with it going to press early to make sure there were no delays or something.
  10. HalcyonDigest

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

    Reprints huh? Anybody know how many volumes HJ and Kiruko have sold?
  11. HalcyonDigest

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

    Yeah he was responding to a question I made about some guy who was spreading erroneous info. I knew hj wasn't ending but I asked here in case I had missed some info.
  12. HalcyonDigest

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

    Some guy on a manga site keeps telling people that Hungry Joker ended with chapter 20, I'm more than sure he's wrong. There's no info that would support that right?
  13. HalcyonDigest

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

    I thought the same thing too because of mangaupdates, guess they got the names mixed up.
  14. HalcyonDigest

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

    Baka lists it as being published in 2011 http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=66499 MAL lists it as being published in May 2011 http://myanimelist.net/manga/25922/Godland_Company And then of course there's the already mentioned fact that it was put up in 2012 and that it doesn't...
  15. HalcyonDigest

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

    That oneshot is actually from 2011.
Top