Recent content by iamred

  1. Chapter New Prince of Tennis Chapter 307, 308 and 309 Discussion

    "Sanada remarks Yukimura's already won, because he's lit a fire in [Akaya's] damp fuse." Gives away the result we all already knew was coming anyways.
  2. Theory Final Tournament Line-up Discussion/Predictions

    Especially occurring so early on in the series, the point is that there were better players than Ryoma out there at the time. Especially the Tezuka match. And when we see Tezuka lose later on to Atobe and Sanada, we know Ryoma is not yet on that level. The only way the Nationals arc in...
  3. Theory Final Tournament Line-up Discussion/Predictions

    How is that relevant to my point? You skipped over the bulk of what I'm saying and end up admitting the rest anyways.
  4. Theory Final Tournament Line-up Discussion/Predictions

    The point is that if this were to be the final arc in the series, there is no way Japan will lose. Have they lost matches that ultimately had no meaningful impact on advancing in the WC? Sure, to create some hype. Analogously, Ryoma lost unofficial and therefore relatively meaningless matches in...
  5. Theory Final Tournament Line-up Discussion/Predictions

    Think about how your two bold statements oppose one another. Hyotei and Rikkai HSers getting more attention from Konomi just makes sense, especially given Ochi has won against WC competition and the others you mention haven't. You've said nothing here that I am disagreeing with lol. My point...
  6. Chapter New Prince of Tennis Chapter 300, 301 and 302 Discussion

    Another arc would definitely change things. It's just hard to see that. Time-skip a full year? Just to basically replay the same tournament system? I don't find that plausible, and it almost drains this WC of meaning if Konomi needs to basically play fast forward on the video tape to get to a...
  7. Theory Final Tournament Line-up Discussion/Predictions

    Mouri played in the quarterfinals and clearly wrapped up his character arc already. Remember that I am basing much of what I am saying on character development and closing. I already have Marui playing, however, and Kirihara's development has been tied to realizing TnK is not necessary to play...
  8. Theory Final Tournament Line-up Discussion/Predictions

    Has Ochi lost a real match? No. Kabaji stepping in doesn't count. The players you mentioned in bullet points have all lost matches straight up, which is why they won't play again against stiffer competition. But Ochi hasn't lost, was Hyotei's former captain, and I don't see Kogami putting a...
  9. Theory Final Tournament Line-up Discussion/Predictions

    Exactly why it is appropriate for Ryoma to play S3 against Spain like in the match against France. Yes, his match is important - and, in fact, I would say that the S3 match in a 1-1 tie situation is, from an audience's perspective, the most interesting anyway (see the current Tezuka vs. Yukimura...
  10. Theory Final Tournament Line-up Discussion/Predictions

    I think Duke is done - he's played more matches than anyone and has already resolved his French connection. Sanada and Shiraishi also just played in the quarterfinals, so I don't anticipate seeing them again. Marui is one of the best doubles players in the series and hasn't even played in...
  11. Theory Final Tournament Line-up Discussion/Predictions

    On the contrary, we already saw Tokugawa vs. Germany in the preliminaries, not Byoudin. And the coaches already noted that it doesn't make sense for anyone else to play against Volk than Byoudin. I also thought about Kite, which is why I didn't include him as one of the members whose character...
  12. Theory Final Tournament Line-up Discussion/Predictions

    If Konomi is ending the series with this, then Japan will in all likelihood win 3-2. Japan is the new prince of the tennis world, and there is no way they would lose if this is the end of the series. If that is the case, I was thinking about whose character arcs are now complete or near to it...
  13. Chapter New Prince of Tennis Chapter 300, 301 and 302 Discussion

    It would not surprise me if Tezuka starts scoring due to concentrating on the better form/technique that Volk has chastised him for since the beginning of their training, with Yukimura experiencing an ironic "I'm moving horribly?!" moment.
Top