Recent content by inactive lurker account

  1. Hangout Tournament Hangout Thread

    I'm just glad the tournament match-ups turned out to look much better than the canonical results that have been shown to us, at least in terms of simulated fighting. To think that August was able to win against his closest rival who happens to be a dragon and an enchantress, the alleged...
  2. Final August vs Irene

    I get that, but I still don't quite understand how it is that Irene in human form and Irene in dragon form would have different amounts of magic power, unless one assumes that the dragon form actively absorbs additional magic in the environment. What may be said is that Irene can better access...
  3. Final August vs Irene

    Let me just note that the arguments wouldn't be so heated if we treated universal claims about August's copying ability and the requirements for dragon slayer magic as mere generalities rather than as absolutes. The upshot of course is that we won't be able to claim for sure the limits of...
  4. Final August vs Irene

    I'm not quite sure if Irene's total magic power actually increases in quantity or magnitude when she takes on her true dragon form, since that would imply that Zeref's spell also acts as some sort of seal or power inhibitor, and assuming that Zeref doesn't have as much raw magic power as either...
  5. Final August vs Irene

    Well... Hiro is to blame for the inconsistent depiction of what the antagonists are able to do, and I believe August was the one who got ruined the most out of all the antagonists not counting Zeref and Acnologia. On the one hand, August could disable the magic radar from a distance, but on the...
  6. Final August vs Irene

    I've stated my hypothesis about mutual overestimation and mutual underestimation on several occasions, now I'm going to explore the extent to which partisan arguments in favor of one party rely on direct assertions against the other party. Optimal interpretations and extrapolations of August's...
  7. Final August vs Irene

    I see master-level enchantment simply as enchantment with far greater range, thanks to the enhancement of Belserion's sage powers. I don't know if it lowers the magic power consumption rate, or allows one to enchant certain things that high enchantment cannot even if they are within range. If...
  8. Final August vs Irene

    Another point of curiosity. If I understand correctly, enchantment involves imbuing things with one's magic power so as to temporarily override the natural characteristics of that thing and render then malleable to one's designs. Now assuming that August has copied enchantment, if he and Irene...
  9. Final August vs Irene

    The preliminary restrictions don't mention Universe One, so I guess it's allowed. But supposing Irene successfully casts it using her staff to prevent the risk of cancellation, then it depends on whether August has already copied enchantment if he can return to battle quickly by casting his own...
  10. Final August vs Irene

    At this point we don't know what it would take for Irene to kill or knock out August, and we don't know if August can easily kill or knock out Irene even if he has dragon slaying magic. So maybe we shouldn't focus too much on fatalities and decisive domination, but rather on additional...
  11. Hangout Tournament Hangout Thread

    Just a curiosity, and not that this is a likely scenario, but what happens when there's a tie in the finals?
  12. Final August vs Irene

    Infinite magic would be too much of a stretch, though I myself have some reservations if Fairy Heart is truly infinite, or just immense beyond imagination. What I meant to say though is that the nature of August's magic is an anomaly that grants broken powers, much like Fairy Heart but to a...
  13. Final August vs Irene

    And at this point the discussion may very well move to what we think about the nature of August's magic. So far many of the arguments revolve around what he can or cannot copy, what he has or has not copied, but I see his copying ability as merely an effect of his peculiar magical nature, said...
  14. Final August vs Irene

    Well, August has so many options, and Irene also has a lot of options. Given their versatility, I like to explore and assess several possible scenarios, including the one where August would attempt to use defensive spells against the physical attacks of Irene in dragon form. Maybe it would be...
  15. Final August vs Irene

    Hmm... I checked the chapters and it seems from the way the background was drawn that the mountains are to the north, and when Acnologia walked away after finishing off God Serena his path seemed to be towards the mountains... but who knows, Acnologia might have taken some detour along the way...
Top