Recent content by kagato23

  1. Nakai and Hiramaru

    Re: Nakai vs Hiramaru More than anything else, I'd say the biggest difference between them is their methodology. We know Nakai did the biggest douche mistake of all time: making business and personal life mix. He was only going to work with Aoki if she was with him. He continues to try and use...
  2. Discussion Nanamine & His Methods

    That's a key difference, I'd imagine, between the layman and the editor. The layman reads things he likes. Knows what he likes, can make recommendations based on that. The Editor reads what he likes, what he's meh about, what he dislikes, and what he hates. And keeps reading it. And that's a...
  3. Discussion The Role of an Editor

    I suppose there's always a risk. I don't think typically however an Editor really has that much power over a storyline. Or should. Apologies if this seems contradictory, while I do think there's times one may have to compromise, in a situation where the very direction of the manga is changing...
  4. Bakuman Vol 15 (ch125-ch133) Discussion

    Re: Bakuman 127 Discussion / 128 Prediction Kosugi isn't a bad person though, he had multiple flaws as an editor. These flaws can be fixed, and he'll be better for it, but he was never a bad person. Consider Nakai, the exact opposite. Nakai is very skilled, great at what he does. But he is a...
  5. Discussion Nanamine & His Methods

    You underestimate the internet. No I wouldn't actually, those are a case of a shared universe project (which are a whole different baby and more or less require multiple people) and as you put it a very special case which doesn't really count. I expect I know as much about how to become an...
  6. Bakuman Vol 15 (ch125-ch133) Discussion

    Re: Bakuman 127 Discussion / 128 Prediction I dunno, you make a point about his clothes, but I'd still bet he's likely not reappearing for a long while at least. How many rivals do they have now? How often do they get face time? Nanamine's gotta get in line. :P
  7. Discussion Nanamine & His Methods

    Worse then that. People offer ideas without any prompting, then get upset when they aren't used. Look at any butthurt section of the fandom of anything ever. If you so much as talk to them and say you want their ideas, then you create that expectation. Apples and oranges. The two really...
  8. Bakuman Vol 15 (ch125-ch133) Discussion

    Re: Bakuman 127 Discussion / 128 Prediction Well, he's probably doomed to be never seen again, but at least Kosugi got to punch him. It is a shonen after all. This is the most action the series has seen in a long time!
  9. Discussion Nanamine & His Methods

    Which leads you to your next problem: Bitterness. This was actually shown in the manga. As soon as you don't use what someone thinks is their great idea, they start up with "why didn't you use my idea, your biased/a pedophile/an idiot!" This is especially true if the product has turned out...
  10. Discussion Nanamine & His Methods

    My guess is Ex-Editor was one of the first to leave. He observed what was happening sooner then most and dropped away when he saw the writing on the wall. Or, you know, death noted. I want Alphabeta's theory to be canon.
  11. Discussion Nanamine & His Methods

    I believe he's saying that no matter how much of a lower quality something you have, that won't make something of higher quality. In this metaphors case, 50 Ostrich's will never hatch an eagle. :P I'm brancing into my own argument at this point, since I don't presume to speak for sekida, but...
  12. Discussion The Role of an Editor

    True enough, they are publishers. My reasoning was flawed in that aspect. But they do still choose who is and isn't going to be paid. Ultimately one could take their work elseware, but I'd still maintain that if you want to stay in good graces with your publisher, you'd have to give some ground...
  13. Bakuman Vol 15 (ch125-ch133) Discussion

    Re: Bakuman 126 Spoiler Thread So that last page is just him having gone completely insane?
  14. Discussion The Role of an Editor

    I think you misunderstand my post, though looking back I didn't say it very well. There are circumstances in which the editor could decide "we can't publish this." An obvious example in the manga this thread has been inspired by is the current and highly irregular practice of multiple...
  15. Bakuman Vol 15 (ch125-ch133) Discussion

    Re: Bakuman 126 Spoiler Thread That guy looks wayyyy too smug. Period. I don't care if he got #1 in every category. He's still too smug. :P Looks like things are not over yet. Well, people did think the arc was going too fast.
Top