Recent content by Kaizokuou

  1. Kaizokuou

    Chapter One Piece 590 Discussion / 591 Prediction

    Re: One Piece 590 Discussion/ 591 Prediction Wow, that's a pretty great way of looking at each arc, had never thot of it that way. I did really love Skypeia the second time I watched OP, tho it does stand out as the one without a strong link to the main story (well, and Davy Back Fight I...
  2. Kaizokuou

    Chapter One Piece 590 Discussion / 591 Prediction

    Re: One Piece 590 Discussion/ 591 Prediction i just showed that t-shirt Ace is wearing to a Japanese friend and he said that kanji "jingi" kinda has a Yakuza connotation, haha, guess it makes Ace kinda tough looking. but that convo explains why he's so damn polite when we first meet him in...
  3. Kaizokuou

    Chapter One Piece 590 Discussion / 591 Prediction

    Re: One Piece 590 Discussion/ 591 Prediction That's really cute, "pyon" in Japanese is the onomatopoeia for jumping/hopping, so it says chamPYON! hahaahah. And I think Ace's says 仁義, meaning humanity and justice, according to jisho.org...
  4. Kaizokuou

    Chapter One Piece 589 Discussion / 590 Prediction

    does anybody know wut all of the tshirts mean this chapter? i've even asked a Japanese person and they couldn't figure them out. http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/72772619/6 what is "SO(picture of a dog)CHI"? http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/72772619/7 apparently this one means...
  5. Kaizokuou

    Chapter One Piece 588 Discussion / 589 Prediction

    i was just rereading the chapter (the raw this time) and i'm just like, man, Ace is way more reliable than Loof. i mean, he knew how to treat Dadan's wounds and shtuff, no way Luffy could've done something so... complex? :D i think Sabo's death will be what makes Ace into the super-polite...
  6. Kaizokuou

    Chapter One Piece 588 Discussion / 589 Prediction

    Or why he's got such great manners when we first meet him in Alabasta, haha, he doesn't seem as polite as a kid...
  7. Kaizokuou

    Chapter One Piece 588 Discussion / 589 Prediction

    Really? I quite like the spread. It's not as amazing as parrots floating around while they lie on a flying dragon's back but it's a pretty cool one. That and Alice In Wonderland is pretty big in Japan right now so maybe that influenced it. I love the designs of the chairs, they look so...
  8. Kaizokuou

    Chapter One Piece 588 Discussion / 589 Prediction

    I agree, I think Sabo is a recent creation by Oda, but connecting it with something like Ace's tattoo was supremely skillful. I have heard however that Oda had plans for a skeleton crew-member or something along those lines related to Laboon, tho I guess if there's no hint of it in the manga...
  9. Kaizokuou

    Chapter One Piece 588 Discussion / 589 Prediction

    wow, that chapter really made me cry, i'm surprised how powerful an emotional reaction i got to Ace talking about how he stood tall to protect Luffy. i think it's because i always hated all the Ace-hating that went on and how everyone who wanted a reason to hate him called him a tool for not...
  10. Kaizokuou

    One Piece Movie 10: Strong World

    Re: One Piece Movie 10 Hrmm, I think that that image says it's for the DVD「ONE PIECE FILM STRONG WORLD連動特別篇 金獅子の野望」, and "連動特別篇" was the name of that 4 ep series lead up to the movie (it means special serialized edition). I think this is a DVD of that, not the movie...
  11. Kaizokuou

    Chapter One Piece 581 Discussion / 582 Prediction

    Re: One Piece 581 Discussion / 582 Predictions I'm going to be a bit rude here. While I greatly appreciate Mangastream's speed I'm bothered by the prevalence of their translations. Cnet is always the most spot-on when it comes to accuracy. For example, in the MS translation it says that Boa...
  12. Kaizokuou

    Chapter One Piece 574 Discussion / 575 Prediction

    Haha, my bad, I didn't mean any disrespect. After reading all 1000+ comments in this forum I have started to understand how best to grasp the overall meaning of this event. If we have to understand that the progression of this story thru the Grandline is only forever going to be forward...
  13. Kaizokuou

    Chapter One Piece 574 Discussion / 575 Prediction

    What would be amazing is if, next chapter, a random tree sprouts from where Ace's body is lying, and it bears the Mera Mera no Mi.
  14. Kaizokuou

    Chapter One Piece 574 Discussion / 575 Prediction

    I'd always been annoyed I hadn't gone to 7-11 and bot the Jump issue where it came out Ace was Roger's son, as I had thot at the time that that was the most shocking thing in One Piece yet. But I was wrong. I am so gonna buy this. And weep all over it. (seriously, how hard must it have been...
  15. Kaizokuou

    Chapter One Piece 571 Discussion / 572 Prediction

    Re: One Piece 571 Spoiler Discussion The line says 「貴様も人の親だガープ」 or "kisama mo hito no oya da gaapu" or literally "even you are someone's parent, Garp". This chapter was amazing, I teared up with sadness at Garp's pain and with joy at Luffy's face at seeing Ace free.
Top