Recent content by Kinlyu

  1. Kinlyu

    The Kinlyu thread~

    Hi there fellow Belgian! ^-^ Yup, true. I like shonen more than shoujo anyway - besides shoujo has these characteristics that make them harder to read sometimes as well. Too many confusing thoughtbubbles xD (but of course there is some shoujo I like as well~)
  2. Kinlyu

    Discussion Honorifics Philosophy

    Good discussion. I think the main point isn't about what you keep, by keeping them, but about what you lose when you don't. The omittance of honorifics in Japanese is just as important as the use of them. Basically, I'd keep them as they are, and explain them, for a series in a very Japanese...
  3. Kinlyu

    Discussion Is Reading Yaoi a Sin?

    Easy, if you don't believe, it's not a sin, because then sin doesn't exit! *A* If you do believe, I think you have to figure it out for yourself. What is a sin? For yourself, that is. It is harmful to you or anyone around you for you to like yaoi/yuri/****** etc... ? If some of your friends...
  4. Kinlyu

    The cnet128 Thread

    You are a good man! Perfectionism is good! Congrats on getting a job in translation! I'm making some efforts to head that direction as well, but unfortunately I won't make it in manga either way because of an extremely small and not even growing market here, so I'm not yet sure what my options...
  5. Kinlyu

    The Kinlyu thread~

    Hello! I'm Kinlyu, getting old by now, have been slacking on my translations and all for a while but now that I'm single! and still a jobless bum as well, I've taken up translating again. I started translating for DA-scan when I was still in Uni, and kept it up till now (though sloooww). I've...
  6. Kinlyu

    Done Tranlation help please...

    Re: Translation assistance My thoughts on the first: there is no blind spot in (your/dwelling) self-confidence. the self confidence would be the thing that dwells (inside a person I guess?) Second: ayashii can also mean, 'charming' and 'wonderful'. It's an older use, but you can still...
  7. Kinlyu

    Introduction Thread - Part 2

    ^I still love that avatar XD it just keeps amusing me <3 I'm me... Kinlyu is my standard nickname almost everywhere, I 'm getting near to graduating from univ where I've learned Japanese and all that goes with it. I'm pretty much a j-popculture addict, my interests being manga, anime, j-rock...
  8. Kinlyu

    Shoujo Otomen by Kanno Aya

    Re: [Shoujo] Otomen by Kanno Aya I really love Otomen, I kinda like how Asuka and Ryo are so dense and naive and how Juuta tries to get them together... The characters are just so much love - in a silly way :D But I like that it's not full of girly girls and pushover guys, Otomen is much more...
  9. Kinlyu

    Info Reborn! Colour Spreads

    Color images are so much love <3 Thanks for posting!
Top