Recent content by Kizo

  1. Kizo

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Agreed that it's low-risk, but that's still embarrassing. Takamagahara is one of the worst new series in years. Blue Exorcist is some good news, though.
  2. Kizo

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2 I can't say I understand the confusion over Hungry Joker. No disrespect to anyone who liked it, but I found its story painfully average and its art subpar. I'm excited to read Horikoshi's new series; I hope it gets more...
  3. Kizo

    News Mangastream host jump scans again!!

    Re: MangaStream to resume Editing Jump series Unless you're saying that with any inside knowledge, I'm not sure about that. If it was just the comical bit at the end, sure, but the specific parameters in the first couple paragraphs are too specific to be a joke. If it is a joke, fair...
  4. Kizo

    News Mangastream host jump scans again!!

    MangaStream to resume Editing Jump series The basics, taken directly from their Twitter account: --- Mangastream will once again resume hosting scans of Jump titles with the following two stipulations attached: 1) Scans will be released no sooner than 4 hours after another group releases...
  5. Kizo

    Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

    Re: Hiatus (NOT CURRENTLY) For anyone interested, I've written an article regarding this latest hiatus and the plot developments of the last 30 chapters. The article also features some interesting statistics regarding all the time Togashi has missed. (Please be aware, the article also contains...
  6. Kizo

    Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Magazine (Kodansha)

    Re: Weekly Shounen Magazine (Shounen Mag by Kodansha) Wow, I'm surprised Bloody Monday is ending this soon. I'm waiting to read Last Season until more chapters are out (or at this point, I guess I'm waiting until it's all out), so I can't speak for the plot, but 36 chapters seems short.
  7. Kizo

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2 I completely agree. Obviously, the poor ToC rankings were the major problem, but the sales were surprisingly high for a series that had such a short life. In terms of plot, Ane Doki did exactly what a romantic comedy series is...
  8. Kizo

    Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    If you just want Sunday issues rather than all those Shogakukan publications, the link is: http://www.shogakukan.co.jp/magazines/back_number/_id_081000
  9. Kizo

    Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Magazine (Kodansha)

    Re: Weekly Shounen Magazine (Shounen Mag by Kodansha) As in the Sunday thread, I have compiled the full list of 2010 Shonen Magazine tables of contents, complete with chapter numbers. I've translated all this despite a severely limited understanding of Japanese, so if you spot a mistake, please...
  10. Kizo

    Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shounen Mag by Shogakukan) The recent ToC post (thanks again, Negative Syndicate!) and revived discussion inspired me to finally get around to assembling, translating and finishing the list of Sunday ToCs for all of 2010, complete with chapter numbers. (2010 indicates...
  11. Kizo

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2 You raise a completely valid point regarding the protagonist's motive for entering the prison, but I would consider that to be material worth covering in following chapters, rather than in a one-shot (or the first chapter of...
  12. Kizo

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2 I'm very confused by the complaints against Moon Walker. Of the four one-shots that have been translated, it has the best art and best world design. It's paced well, the action is interesting and easily followed, the weapons are...
  13. Kizo

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2 I find this week's ToC pleasingly acceptable. Seeing Enigma so high is refreshing, some missteps from otherwise good series (Beelzebub, Mago) are being appropriately punished, Reborn is finally moving closer to where it belongs...
  14. Kizo

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2 I agree that Jump could use more variety, but I think Sunday and Magazine face somewhat of the exact opposite problem: Too much variety. Whether or not Jump could stand to have a romantic comedy or another sports series, it has a...
  15. Kizo

    Mag Talk Magazine Cover and Color Pages

    Thanks very much for posting those, Vigo. Small correction, though: Those are from Shonen Jump #42, not #40.
Top