Recent content by Koen

  1. Koen

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    Not my least favourite manga, but rather manga I’d like to see return, just to know whether, given the context now, they’d have a chance at survival: – Tsugihagi Hyōryō Sakka – Belmonde le Visiteur Though the art was different and less appealing, I think they were published at the wrong time.
  2. Koen

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    I do agree, but I’m curious about the upcoming chapters. The main reason I didn’t like the first chapter was that it read like three short, separate chapters rather than one complete chapter. Or it read like a one-shot, as if there was no plan to continue the story.
  3. Koen

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    I always say: never say never. I didn’t like the series as much as other ones, and I appreciated Red Hood’s beginning more. But from the Iron Spirit arc onward, something changed. So, I wouldn’t buy its first two volumes either. Magazine readers can do strange things. It’s rare, but not...
  4. Koen

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    More or less like Psyren. I think it will get more appreciation later on as the story unfolds more interesting elements. Psyren had a small fanbase because of a loyal fanbase of Toshiaki whom appreciated Psyren’s predecessor Mieru Hito a lot. I liked that latter one even more. The premise of...
  5. Koen

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    The values of WSJ center around the principles of Friendship, Effort, and Victory. Just like Red Hood (Western Fairy Tales), the mangaka of Otr is using a Western theme (Nordic myths). In many other manga, both readers and characters often hope for the main character’s spotlight—come on Ichigo...
  6. Koen

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    One Swallow doesn’t make a summer but Otr’s position confirms what I have told. Since the first mini-arc with the iron spirit the story has gotten an interesting turn in depth. I think that more readers are attracted.
  7. Koen

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    Otr can refer to a Dwarf (Mythology), but nowadays Norwegian Swedish, linguistic, Oter (Otter) or Dansk Odder (Otter) - the O can be pronounced as the oe in Dutch similar as the oo English in goon, goonies,… luckily my K isn’t a g :p
  8. Koen

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    Otr of the Flame can be saved. I started reading it from the beginning. I was a huge fan of his previous work, Red Hood. But there’s something curious: the latter had a decent beginning (both in pace and story) but became a bit boring later on. Otr, on the other hand, is doing the opposite: it...
  9. Koen

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    The valley arc with the Dwarves is Otr’s first mini-arc. In my opinion, it’s the best part because the story is finally fleshed out. For me, Otr was like searching for a switch you couldn’t find—until now.
  10. Koen

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Magazine - News and Discussion

    Gachiakuta already at chapter 146? Damn, 3 chapter to catch up. Does anyone know a decent site where I can read it?
  11. Koen

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    @Pietro: I voted for it too. I agree, it was an amazing chapter with an ending that makes you eager to read the next one this week due to the uncertainty of what will happen.
  12. Koen

    Two Cour Gachiakuta

    The voice of engine reminded me immediately of Kamina of the anime TTLG and, after some research, I found out both roles are being VoiceOver by the same voice actor. I love the animation at this moment.
  13. Koen

    Discussion What are You Watching and What is Next on Your List?

    Gachiakuta is an animation of the manga by Urana Kei, published in Weekly Shōnen Magazine. I hope the anime adaptation stays true to the original manga. If it does, we’re in for a great saga.
  14. Koen

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    The comparison isn’t meant to criticize Bleach; it’s simply to highlight that nowadays, even slow-starting manga still have a decent chance of surviving. For example, in Ichi the Witch, the main villain is introduced after chapter 10, and the first main long arc begins after chapter 20. The...
  15. Koen

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    I can’t really make a judgment on Black Clover since it never appealed to me. As for OTR being slow — I’d say the mangaka is taking his time to build and outline the world by telling a story, rather than introducing powerful villains right from the start. Had any of the Shinigami — aside...
Top