Wow, I wasn't expecting to see Atobe and Irie basically get taken out in a couple of pages. That was pretty crazy. It seems like Tezuka has improved a lot, and QP is a beast for sure.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Tokugawa and Yukimura can show off in this match.
I'm honestly pretty surprised. I thought for sure that Sanada and Akutsu were going to win. This is the first of the G10 matches where the outcome has been so far against what I thought would occur. And it was surprising to see it being so lobsided, too. I guess Tanegashima really is just that...
Since they're at a lower level and younger, their power and speed is more impressive. So when the coaches say that a 5 in speed from a G10 guy is 'average' or 'subpar', it's still better than what most of the lower players have, but they're being compared against the best of the best.
Similar...
After all this buildup, we don't see Kuroko's friend getting crushed by Teikou? I guess something else is going to cause him to quit, but now a lot of this flashback feels like wasted time.
Ohmagari is the #6 guy on the team. I think you're being really dismissive when you claim that he won't cause them any trouble. I think both of the first string guys will be a lot of trouble for Akutsu and Sanada.
Akutsu and Sanada are going to win in the end, but it's going to be a tough...
Nice to see some flashbacks for Akutsu. I've been waiting for him to take center stage for awhile. I have a good feeling that this current match will be great, given the characters involved.
Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]
Hopefully this time they don't cut out all the good parts so that they can sell them on DVD.
I think it's too soon in that Byoudouin is supposed to be the number one player on the team. If he lost in his very first match, that would deflate a lot of the hype. I think he has to win a significant match before we see him lose to someone (like how we had Tezuka owning Ryoma before he ever...
Damn, I miscalculated on Doubles 1, and that killed me. I thought I could win that matchup. A disappointing finish, but given how I lost three times during the regular season, I was happy just make it all the way to the end.
Congrats to Friss who played well all season long.
The season was...
Revenge! That was a really tense match. Honestly, after I lost Singles 3 and had that big margin in Doubles 2, I thought I was done. Congrats to Kaoz for a great match. Looking forward to the finals with Friss.
Still more of a winner than guys like Fuji who haven't even gotten that.
But I think he's a winner because he actually became a character. Prior to the current series, Krauser didn't really exist as anything except some brief match we barely saw. The fact that he not only got to play, but had...