Recent content by Laika

  1. Laika

    Shounen Kiben Gakuha, Yotsuya Senpai no Kaidan by FURUDATE Haruichi

    How unfortunate. But given the length, perhaps there will be ample opportunity to do HQ release once the tank turn up.
  2. Laika

    Shounen Kiben Gakuha, Yotsuya Senpai no Kaidan by FURUDATE Haruichi

    Hmmm... time to introduce bizarro yotsuya?
  3. Laika

    Shounen Kiben Gakuha, Yotsuya Senpai no Kaidan by FURUDATE Haruichi

    Obviously this popularity crap wouldn't even be an issue if they moved it to a better mag .-.
  4. Laika

    Shounen Kiben Gakuha, Yotsuya Senpai no Kaidan by FURUDATE Haruichi

    I still think this is one of the more interesting series currently in Jump as far as dialogue/writing goes. Since it concerns itself with storytelling as a main motif I'd hope the same amount of detail would be paid in the translation as is going into the original writing. The current English...
  5. Laika

    Seinen Kokou no Hito by Nabeta Yoshio & Sakamoto Shinichi

    Re: [New] Kokou no Hito by Nabeta Yoshio & Sakamoto Shinichi Scan more! First vol was pretty cool. Climbing portion of it is more interesting to me than the psych portion though... lol.
  6. Laika

    Seinen Ciguatera by Minoru Furuya

    Re: [Featured] Ciguatera by Minoru Furuya I don't know about Beck and I''s but Ciguatera is great. This series strikes a good balance between humor that he's so known for and coming of age without venturing too far into the darker territories that Himizu does.
  7. Laika

    Seinen Beshari Gurashi by MORITA Masanori

    Man, I am really amazed at how consistent his art is. I remember being a kid and seeing Blues in monthlies... I actually really think this is a pretty funny series. The feel of it is so laid back when you compare it to the art. The art... it's really sort of dated and feels like it's stuck in...
  8. Laika

    Seinen Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

    Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn Finished up with the interhigh arc and have to say... I'm a tiny bit disappointed with this series. The whole ski jumping thing almost seems to be an after thought and sort of only being a focus in order to work with the gender bender aspect of it. It...
  9. Laika

    The boke thread - gender bending and other surprises

    Hey boke, dunno if you check this thread at all but I just happened to see it in your sig. A while ago there was a one shot that won the afternoon 4 seasons grand prix that was set in the near future and dealt with transgendered mc. I think the setup revolved around her having multiple sex...
  10. Laika

    Seinen No Longer Human by Dazai Osamu & Furuya Usamaru

    Lol. Dazai & Furuya seem like a good combo considering Furuya's oeuvre, more so than Obata.
  11. Laika

    Seinen Waters by Urushibara Yuki

    Re: [NEW] Waters (Suiiki) by Urushibara Yuki Ughhhh, does anyone have the link to the raw for chapter 2 (guessing it's from raw-paradise.) Managed to find an MU of the first chapter, but can't seem to find the second. Would love to read this without having to open up perfect dark or deal with...
  12. Laika

    Seinen Suicide Island by Mori Kouji

    It's not bad but I feel like it suffers from some of the things that holyland does too. IE: way too much narration.
  13. Laika

    Seinen Blade of the Immortal by Samura Hiroaki

    Re: Blade of the Immortal (Mugen no Juunin) by Samura Hiroaki There's a chapter for #10.
  14. Laika

    Seinen Sangatsu no Lion by Umino Chika

    Re: 3gatsu no Lion by Umino Chika Manga classification is usually defined by the audience that the magazine that it gets published in is aimed at so it's not always really all that accurate. Look at how many series that are classified as seinen even though there's really nothing content wise...
Top